Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, ahhh, not exactly but boy oh boy are you spunky. You would be my best bet for scum out of the newbies so far. 

If I’m scum then the townies will easily win because the scum would be doing a really terrible job of putting a leash on me. If the scum strategy is let the new guy go donkey, game is already decided.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

So be a mensch and self vote, confess to being scum and invite others to vote for you.

Even if it’s a false confession, the scum will vote for you because they know you are really town and the town will vote for you because you’ve confessed to being scum.

first time GIF

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

If I’m scum then the townies will easily win because the scum would be doing a really terrible job of putting a leash on me. If the scum strategy is let the new guy go donkey, game is already decided.

Actually letting a newbie scum do whatever they want short of calling out teammates is a very solid strategy. Having you go nuts and create a distraction. Distractions takes away from scum hunting. You likely can do about anything you like for first the few days before getting honest attention. That's how we treat newbies, so a good scum team uses that. I know I would. You killing it!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Listen you son of a **** ?, I double dog dare you to follow through and build a coalition od the willing to off my ****ass.

You already compared me to your s***ty boss, a fate worse than death, You want to kill me do it. 

But know its a will lead to a comedy of errors you do not yet fully comprehend.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

I'll start the coalition for you.

Vote Lurker89 

Lol see I’m the last guy to make a suggestion and boom, you follow it.

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

So be a mensch and self vote, confess to being scum and invite others to vote for you.

Even if it’s a false confession, the scum will vote for you because they know you are really town and the town will vote for you because you’ve confessed to being scum.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

first time GIF

this-guy-just-cd537fffc1.jpg

• Haha 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

Actually letting a newbie scum do whatever they want short of calling out teammates is a very solid strategy. Having you go nuts and create a distraction. Distractions takes away from scum hunting. You likely can do about anything you like for first the few days before getting honest attention. That's how we treat newbies, so a good scum team uses that. I know I would. You killing it!

WIFOM ;) 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

^^^ Your first WIFOM!!!  My boy is growing up so quickly.  

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

O sh*t lets kill jgb at a minimum for grandstanding.... or kill me for the pure comedy of it and so I get the personal achievement of blood being spilled on my first day Mafia  min or someone elses doesnt matter...

@jgb we could have been magnificent!

• Haha 3

Just now, Lurker89 said:

O sh*t lets kill jgb at a minimum for grandstanding.... or kill me for the pure comedy of it and so I get the personal achievement of blood being spilled on my first day Mafia  min or someone elses doesnt matter...

@jgb we could have been magnificent!

F299A592-9C4A-4CEC-8188-FEC6F1D48217.gif.0a960dd035805e411efca93b3366230c.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Lurker89 and @jgb you two do realize 9 votes are needed to lynch you?  I think you're the only ones voting each other or self-voting, lol.  

George Costanza Fighting GIF

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Lol see I’m the last guy to make a suggestion and boom, you follow it.

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

If you haven't noticed I have a singular goal... I'm latching to the path of least resistance in meeting that goal ....the time for that goal to be satisfied or be left unquenched will pass and once it does your on my short list.... townie or not.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I meant as it relates to game play. I honestly think you been around long enough to have seen rookies draw mafia. I can't say for sure in a Nolder's game, that seems kind of a hedge for you now that your called out,  but I honestly don't see why not.  Nolder's modding style is pretty brash, he gives close to zero ****s so I don't see him shying away from sticking a rookie on the scum team. Like at all. 

I haven’t played Mafia in over a year so I could definitely be way off base, but I recall Nolder having the most wrinkles and twists in his games and got the feeling that he created specific roles for specific posters.  

This wouldn’t be my first bad take.

Just now, Lurker89 said:

If you haven't noticed I have a singular goal... I'm latching to the path of least resistance in meeting that goal ....the time for that goal to be satisfied or be left unquenched will pass and once it does your on my short list.... townie or not.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Wanna join me and Crusher on Greenpeen?  He's got 2 whole votes already and you could be the 3rd!!!

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I haven’t played Mafia in over a year so I could definitely be way off base, but I recall Nolder having the most wrinkles and twists in his games and got the feeling that he created specific roles for specific posters.  

@Jetsfan80

Is the ratio of vanilla to specific townie roles known?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

@Jetsfan80

Is the ratio of vanilla to specific townie roles known?

Nope, unless it's an "open setup" (wherein the mod lets you know what roles to expect) it's totally up to mod's discretion.  Mods try to keep the powers "balanced" so if town is loaded up with powers you can expect the scum team to either have a numbers edge (like, say, 30 % of the game is scum) OR for the scum team to be loaded up with powers too.

Given that we've already seen one confirmed Deputy, suffice it to say I'm mostly expecting this game to be pretty loaded for both sides.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope, unless it's an "open setup" (wherein the mod lets you know roles to expect) it's totally up to mod's discretion.  Mods try to keep the powers "balanced" so if town is loaded up with powers you can expect the scum team to either have a numbers edge (like, say, 30 % of the game is scum) OR for the scum team to be loaded up with powers too.

Given that we've already seen one confirmed Deputy, suffice it to say I'm mostly expecting this game to be pretty loaded for both sides.  

How clever is Mr. Peen?

45 minutes ago, jgb said:

We need to move people off Pac. There was zero evidence against him when your voting bloc formed (he hadn’t even posted, yet). It’s a bad bet at best and a coordination by people who know he’s town at worst. I’m worried that inertia will continue to add votes there.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you so protective of Pac? It's day 1, we get information when someone is lynched yet here you are making your best effort to derail the pac train.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

If you don't mind me asking, why are you so protective of Pac? It's day 1, we get information when someone is lynched yet here you are making your best effort to derail the pac train.

Because the ratio of townies to scum is >1 and without any evidence the odds are likely that he’s a townie 

Just now, jgb said:

How clever is Mr. Peen?

He's a bit of an enigma to me.  He hasn't been playing THAT long compared to some of the other regulars here.  

He's defending pretty well here....looks like he's claiming ignorance on Nolder setups or setups in general....but that could easily be a ruse, too.  So as you can see.....can't trust anyone.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

He's a bit of an enigma to me.  He hasn't been playing THAT long compared to some of the other regulars here.  

He's defending pretty well here....looks like he's claiming ignorance on Nolder setups or setups in general....but that could easily be a ruse, too.  So as you can see.....can't trust anyone.

There is an admission or a ruse in his last post. Since you’re leading the charge against him you may want to point it out.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Because the ratio of townies to scum is >1 and without any evidence the odds are likely that he’s a townie 

Right but one thing you'll learn is that even running up a likely townie isn't always the worst thing.  Sometimes you don't have any overly suspicious players or good reasons to vote people.  But letting things play out can out scum in other ways.  

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Couldn't the same be said for anyone? I noticed you have no problems with the greenpeen train.

There is some evidence there. Certainly more than Pac who had votes before he ever posted. I don’t find the peen case as compelling as the 80 case, however, and have said so.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

There is an admission or a ruse in his last post. Since you’re leading the charge against him you may want to point it out.

This one?  Doesn't really tell us anything on whether he's lying or not.  More votes = more pressure which can lead to a "slip", so that's what I'm advocating for currently on Greenpeen.  

12 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said: