Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, that is what I said. I’m asking lurker though.

24 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I didn't want to touch it i knew i was protecting jgb either way .... i cant self protect and protect jgb so even touching that would have been folly and led to one of our deaths.

I answered above

I kept saying i felt like stark was scum and with him vanishing we don't get the answer.

Just now, jgb said:

My guess is with the mod handover the traps didn’t make it into the on-boarding which is why we haven’t seen anymore lol

Yea, no doubt. 

So, thinking about it a bit… a deputy presence actually validated giving town doc limited protections to use. It’s weird that Barry, the deputy, is overlooking that.

Also weird that Barry is suggesting scum sees a win out scenario. That’s only true if there are 2 left.

jgb, crusher, barry (if true)

arsus, ape, greenis, lurker

2 left out if 4 is what it would mean. If it’s 1 left, then it’d take a miracle.

Just now, Lurker89 said:

I did ....you guys claim im not reading and then dont read the above post.... counter claiming doc would get me NKd while I protected jgb.... @jgbhope you appreciate me a litle bit more lol

I knew you answered. I was telling Barry the question was directed at you, that’s all.

• Upvote 1

Man, as an aside, I’ve been on the couch all day with my little guy. He just can’t keep anything down. So, I’ll offer a blanket apology if I’m unnecessarily dense or dooshey. 

Can’t even get water or pedialyte into him. Comes right out. No fever.

Wife has my daughter out selling GS cookies… we we’re looking forward to a cookie party this evening. 

• Sympathy 2

38 minutes ago, jgb said:

Why would I need to know who the doc was?

32 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

If you and Barry dont see the nuance to the play I don't what to say man. If ypu think I'm scum kill me, for once I'm literally trying to help.

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Answer the question.

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I did ....you guys claim im not reading and then dont read the above post.... counter claiming doc would get me NKd while I protected jgb.... @jgbhope you appreciate me a litle bit more lol

Wrong question 

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Man, as an aside, I’ve been on the couch all day with my little guy. He just can’t keep anything down. So, I’ll offer a blanket apology if I’m unnecessarily dense or dooshey. 

Wife has my daughter out selling GS cookies… we we’re looking forward to a cookie party this evening. 

You're all good man..... hope he feels better ..

Sick children is the worst situation... you just want to fix it and generally can't.

How many kids and what ages?

My daughter is 4 and is like my clone it will be a problem for the world lol

My little man is 1 born on Christmas day and seems like a gentle empathetic soul like his mother.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Dumb question.

That's also not what jgb is asking if I understand correctly. The question is why lurker thought to reveal. Let him answer.

If you don’t understand it correctly, then it’s exactly what you’re inferring. So, perhaps you should get clarification from jgb too.

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

You're all good man..... hope he feels better ..

Sick children is the worst situation... you just want to fix it and generally can't.

How many kids and what ages?

My daughter is 4 and is like my clone it will be a problem for the world lol

My little man is 1 born on Christmas day and seems like a gentle empathetic soul like his mother.

I’ve got, also. 9yo daughter, 5yo son. 

Daughter is me. Son is my wife, except when he isn’t and talking about poopies and farts.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I hope there is post game discussion because i would like to revisit this sequence.

It’ll happen. I’m not seeing the game today like I had been. When I play stressed, my brain just works different. 

Im mostly here for the chit chat today.

• Haha 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Confirmed? If so, then I will move on. 

Confirmed, no. But what is, really?

-We know who is alive and dead. That’s the only thing 100% ironclad bet-your-children’s-life-on it fact we have.

-The deads’ roles (save one) are basically confirmed although I have read in some variants a dead Miller will actually false flip as mafia (although it’s rare) so I wouldn’t bet my kids on that.

-I’m a cop — also basically confirmed — there’s a tiny chance I falsecountered Smash’s false claim and then got lucky there’s no real cop in the game to counter back. Then I sold out jvill to validate myself and will purposefully shoot blanks here on out. A risky play to burn two mafia but hey we are betting our children’s lives here.

-crusher is basically confirmed town but in some games masons have been opposite factions although this is basically bastard modding. 

-Barry is basically confirmed but yes it’s possible the trap is a trap-within-a-trap which not only reveals a player’s role but reveals it falsely (which is the case of a scum should be called a “boon” not a “trap.”).

So yeah, confirmed? If that means betting my child, I’d only say the first is confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’ll happen. I’m not seeing the game today like I had been. When I play stressed, my brain just works different. 

Im mostly here for the chit chat today.

That’s pretty convenient I have to say. Did you step on an undisclosed trap that silenced your ego at a pivotal juncture? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hope he feels better soon. That's never fun.

On 1/16/2023 at 8:27 PM, The Crusher said:

Vote jvill 

On 1/16/2023 at 9:51 PM, jvill 51 said:

Any reason in particular?

Okay.

On 1/17/2023 at 10:13 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

unvote

vote greenpeen

On 1/17/2023 at 11:02 AM, Greenseed4 said:

Care to elaborate?

Very deja vu.

On 1/17/2023 at 11:11 AM, Greenseed4 said:

I like my vote, and I’ll point out that jgb is likely being coached to vote for his coach to “throw us off the scent.”

So I can easily move my vote to 80.
Easily. 

The question for me now is who else is in the scum pile? We’ve got the first 2. 

Pingy.

On 1/17/2023 at 12:08 PM, Greenseed4 said:

I almost get the sense that 80 wants to be lynched, and they are making fun of us in the scum QT for how obvious this baiting is, and that we aren't falling for it.  I recall a game (probably a Nolder game) that involved some role (bus driver or commuter?) that showed results for a different person, and it got really complicated.  I could see this being a part of scum strategy, and 80 is juuust smart enough to pull it off. 

Pingy.

On 1/17/2023 at 12:48 PM, Integrity28 said:

+1 on this

In general, his case is a narrative. It keeps expanding. A fair argument can be made that a tie is might do this as they continue to convince themselves, but it’s just as often used by scum to send town in the wrong direction.

This is why I feel he’s casing like a townie, but won’t follow his vote right now.

Still believe this + the vote trains case I posted in night phase.

Isvit possible Greenis is the last scum and we’re all town playing grab ass?

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Dumb question.

That's also not what jgb is asking if I understand correctly. The question is why lurker thought to reveal. Let him answer.

I have had  literally 0 sus /FOS on me to that point so it was not a desperation claim ... I'm a self proclaimed machiavellian that post has a specific  purpose which you are doing your best to unintentionally undermine.

I'm going to stop engaging with you on it and leave it at that if you want to vote me thats fine...

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One where @Verbal gets resurrected and then dies again just after catching up on the game thread, I hope.

Simon Rex Good Luck GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

New role for JN mafia in honor of @Pac - the Humpty Dumpty.

018727F8-8D82-4DBC-A31C-B5B7619D7D44.gif.689cb9771fffd203a3c513554b485886.gif

31 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I answered above

I kept saying i felt like stark was scum and with him vanishing we don't get the answer.

He’s town. Came back innocent on my NA and was killed by mafia in the night.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

That’s pretty convenient I have to say. Did you step on an undisclosed trap that silenced your ego at a pivotal juncture? 

Haha, I’m just being human, dude.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Hope he feels better soon. That's never fun.

Thanks. He’s thrown up over 20 times. Just water basically. He’s finally asleep on my belly.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I have had  literally 0 sus /FOS on me to that point so it was not a desperation claim ... I'm a self proclaimed machiavellian that post has a specific  purpose which you are doing your best to unintentionally undermine.

I'm going to stop engaging with you on it and leave it at that if you want to vote me thats fine...

I’m sure you have a purpose but we are questioning whether it was wise

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Confirmed, no. But what is, really?

-We know who is alive and dead. That’s the only thing 100% ironclad bet-your-children’s-life-on it fact we have.

-The deads’ roles (save one) are basically confirmed although I have read in some variants a dead Miller will actually false flip as mafia (although it’s rare) so I wouldn’t bet my kids on that.

-I’m a cop — also basically confirmed — there’s a tiny chance I falsecountered Smash’s false claim and then got lucky there’s no real cop in the game to counter back. Then I sold out jvill to validate myself and will purposefully shoot blanks here on out. A risky play to burn two mafia but hey we are betting our children’s lives here.

-crusher is basically confirmed town but in some games masons have been opposite factions although this is basically bastard modding. 

-Barry is basically confirmed but yes it’s possible the trap is a trap-within-a-trap which not only reveals a player’s role but reveals it falsely (which is the case of a scum should be called a “boon” not a “trap.”).

So yeah, confirmed? If that means betting my child, I’d only say the first is confirmed.

So, no confirmation on Barry.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’m sure you have a purpose but we are questioning whether it was wise

1.) Can you clarify in the question that Barry and I interpreted differently?

2.) To what rndcfies proving it wise result in an alignment read? We aren’t hunting for IQ points, we’re hunting for believability, logic and intent.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Also no confirmation if I investigated him either Could be a lawyer in the game. No one is confirmed to child-betting status until they are DEAD. So we play the odds.

Thank you for explaining the game to me. I think you’re spending far too much time squabbling over odds and ends, what is your take on the possible ways to proceed. Run the plays.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

This talk of confirmation has piqued me actually. As de facto town leader for the moment anyways, I’m curious if there are any innocents among us and give my full blessing to proclaim such.

I already said I’m a safe lynch. Do yea, vanilla town.