Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

8 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Not enough chaos for my tastes. I don't play to win. I play to cause chaos.

Opposite. Want victory. Cleaner the better. Had I not followed the tail on wanting to vet stark’s doc soft claim, peen was going to be last nights investigation subject then you really would’ve hated the game lol.

Just now, jgb said:

Opposite. Want victory. Cleaner the better. Had I not followed the tail on wanting to vet stark’s doc soft claim, peen was going to be last nights investigation subject then you really would’ve hated the game lol.

Oh you guys can play normally. I just enjoying doing crazy things. I wanted to get a deputy lynched so badly.

@DrumsWhat were the other trap triggers BTW?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Hmm. Jville moves to gseed with no real reason.

Immediately goes in on beaver, rather than reinforce his gseed vote. Hindsight the gseed vote looks like optics.

Jif then votes beaver and jville quickly moved his vote to a known townie.

This was a good call out. I knew what I wanted to execute here but it wound up being very sloppy because I had to rush it before deadline with unexpected work stuff. Said immediately in our PM that I messed it up and hoped it wouldn’t come back to bite us.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Oh you guys can play normally. I just enjoying doing crazy things. I wanted to get a deputy lynched so badly.

@DrumsWhat were the other trap triggers BTW?

Setup

1 Mason - crusher
2 Mason - hal n
3 Hated Cop - jgb
4 Deputy - barry
5 3x Doc - lurker
6 Explorer - beaver
7 Explorer - arsis
8 Explorer - stark
9 Explorer - ape
10 Explorer - jif
11 Explorer - pac

12 Lover - verbal
13 Framer - jvill
14 Suicide Bomber - smash 
15 Janitor - greenseed

16 Poisoner - 80 

Verbal was able to choose a Lover at the start of D1 and chose Jif.

80 poisons at the start of Day and his target dies at the start of the following Day and he chose Verbal.

Role Details:

Masons - share a PM, know each other are town

Hated Cop - takes 1 less vote to lynch can investigate at night and get a result of Guilty or Innocent.

Deputy - wasn't told he was the Deputy but if the cop dies he is told. Does not inherit the Hated Cops past investigations.

3x Doc - Can choose to save a player from being killed 3 times during the game but only one person per night. Can target themselves. Cannot cure or save from poison.

Lover - At the start of the game you will choose another player to seduce. You will share a separate PM thread from your other teammates. If one of you dies the other lover will die as well at the end of the next game phase. (ie if Lover A is lynched Lover B dies at the end of the next Night. If Lover A is Night Killed Lover B dies at the end of the next Day). 

Suicide Bomber - If you are ever lynched you will kill the player who threw the hammer vote.

Framer - At Night you select a player to Frame, that player will appear as Guilty to any Cops investigating that player.

Janitor - Once per game you may choose a player at Night. If that player is killed their role and alignment will be revealed to you and the rest of the game will only be told they died.

Role: Serial Killer (Poisoner). At the start of every Day phase you must select someone to poison before posting in the game thread. Unless they are healed [by the egg] that player will die at the start of the next Day.
Win Condition: Be the last surviving player in the game.

Traps

First person to post an unofficial vote count Egg - can cure poison at night - 80
First person to quote more than three different players in one post Lose vote or night action - Verbal
First person to use a gif Role is revealed to the game - Barry

First person to mention either Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or The Dial of Destiny Ends the current phase early 
First person to post Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin is unkillable for 1 phase

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Wow Town won? You guys must have massacred the scum. I'll do a longer post mortem on this game later when I have time but I just want to say right now that I purposely put in a lot of ways to die so this game would end relatively fast. Everything was designed for extra potential deaths. From a Doctor with limited protections to a Cop that was easier to lynch combined with Framer running around it was all supposed to make people drop like flies (while still hopefully being balanced). I hope everyone had some fun and a huge thank you to @Drums for stepping in to mod for me.

I also really appreciate all of your well wishes about my mom. I know you are all just people on the internet but it meant more to me than maybe it should have especially that first night/day when I found out. The situation right now is that she's awake, she can't talk or swallow, and she can only move her left side. She's shown some improvement since I first went to see her but I'm not sure how much that's going to continue. At this point my family is faced with considering my moms wishes in a case like this which is essentially to stop giving her care and letting her pass away. My mom told me more than once, and apparently my aunt (her twin) as well which I never knew until now, that if she was ever in a position where she couldn't walk or eat or shower and dress without help she didn't want to live. She never wanted to be taken care of like that and have an artificial life. I'm going to give her more time because I know strokes can take some time to even show small improvements but as it is right now her improvement has plateaued. I'll let you guys know if anything changes one way or another.

• Sympathy 13

1 hour ago, jgb said:

CONGRATS TOWN!

And @Lurker89 you deserve a ton of credit. Your doc claim gave me the idea to insist peen claim. When he picked doctor, that was all she wrote. Excellent assist.

Me:

FCn4iQzX0AMStF7.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.f75c21e395ebf1f2f2b188299391b854.jpg

But yeah in all seriousness i felt like we were extremely close to the win and it was time to put my cards on the table. Took the dragging and we got the win ... I'll take it. 

Team win thanks for all you did @jgb.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Drums said:

The final three men made it out of the cave alive when they noticed a man with a gun was waiting outside of the entrance.

“Verbal?” 

The man with the egg stepped to the front, towards Verbal. 

“Thank you gentlemen, but we will not need you anymore.”

That’s when Indy used his whip, striking Verbal in the groin. He didn’t even flinch. Then Indy came back with the whip a second time–this time for the gun. It swung back and landed at Mikhail’s feet. He picked it up and aimed it at the man with the egg.

“Hand over the ****in’ egg.” 

The man looked like he may have been willing to cut a deal but Mikhail got a little trigger happy, shooting the man. The egg dropped to the ground as the crotchless man ran away into the Wilderness.

Greenseed, Scum Janitor, has been killed.

TOWN WINS

Told you mother f**kers Peen was scum from the f**king jump.

I was the SK and I was the best townie in the game.  GFY’s.

Awesome game @Nolder @Drums and a few of you!  And of course strong debut performances by @jgb, @Lurker89 and @Hal N of Provo.  The rest of you GFY's.

image.gif.b88632a8841902d51db382c3f7461c46.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Drums said:

Thanks for playing everybody and thanks to @Nolder for the setup and support. Hope everything is continuing to get better. Looks like a great new batch of people to revive JN Mafia. Next up, 80...

I'll post the sign-up thread shortly!  Unfortunately, we can't start the game until the FOLLOWING Monday as I'll be in NYC from Wednesday-Sunday.  But I think some of you need a little break after this one so maybe a blessing in disguise, lol.

2 hours ago, Drums said:

You guys can screenshot from the PMs if you want or share. I know @Jetsfan80 is going to want to share something.

For starters, I submitted my poisoning of @Verbal pretty much the moment I saw the PM from @Nolder, lol.

Snip 1.png

I then received a gift to cure a poisoning, lol.  Probably for posting first or something:

Snip 2.png

Snip 3.png

Snip 4.png

Snip 5.png

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Nolder said:

Wow Town won? You guys must have massacred the scum. I'll do a longer post mortem on this game later when I have time but I just want to say right now that I purposely put in a lot of ways to die so this game would end relatively fast. Everything was designed for extra potential deaths. From a Doctor with limited protections to a Cop that was easier to lynch combined with Framer running around it was all supposed to make people drop like flies (while still hopefully being balanced). I hope everyone had some fun and a huge thank you to @Drums for stepping in to mod for me.

I also really appreciate all of your well wishes about my mom. I know you are all just people on the internet but it meant more to me than maybe it should have especially that first night/day when I found out. The situation right now is that she's awake, she can't talk or swallow, and she can only move her left side. She's shown some improvement since I first went to see her but I'm not sure how much that's going to continue. At this point my family is faced with considering my moms wishes in a case like this which is essentially to stop giving her care and letting her pass away. My mom told me more than once, and apparently my aunt (her twin) as well which I never knew until now, that if she was ever in a position where she couldn't walk or eat or shower and dress without help she didn't want to live. She never wanted to be taken care of like that and have an artificial life. I'm going to give her more time because I know strokes can take some time to even show small improvements but as it is right now her improvement has plateaued. I'll let you guys know if anything changes one way or another.

Wow, Nolder. This is a lot. Hopeful everything goes the right direction. Please, take care of yourself throughout, as well. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Told you mother f**kers Peen was scum from the f**king jump.

I was the SK and I was the best townie in the game.  GFY’s.

Awesome game @Nolder @Drums and a few of you!  And of course strong debut performances by @jgb, @Lurker89 and @Hal N of Provo.  The rest of you GFY's.

image.gif.b88632a8841902d51db382c3f7461c46.gif

Yea, I made the point about SK having a great vantage point to scum hunt. Your case ultimately helped inform my case to wrap this up, if that’s any consolation.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Drums said:

Thanks for playing everybody and thanks to @Nolder for the setup and support. Hope everything is continuing to get better. Looks like a great new batch of people to revive JN Mafia. Next up, 80...

Thanks for jumping in. @Nolder, I loved the setup and thematic stuff.

7 hours ago, Nolder said:

Peace and love, brother, sending positive vibes your way.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

This was a good call out. I knew what I wanted to execute here but it wound up being very sloppy because I had to rush it before deadline with unexpected work stuff. Said immediately in our PM that I messed it up and hoped it wouldn’t come back to bite us.

All good, you guys were very subtle.

I made a couple great reads on 80 and Smash, got a little heady in my other reads, and mired in real and prop arguments… glad I was able to sift thru some stuff. Where gut failed, good old fashioned train analysis and the clean/dirty philosophy prevailed when I had to weigh in in greenseed.

I initially tried to stay to the back in play style, but ended up with too much time on my hands this weekend and needed sone thing to do!!! Hahaha…

Anyway, good game all around. Glad to contribute to a town win. I’d play again if we have a setup.