Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

Rules

1.       DO NOT REVEAL YOUR CHARACTER AT ANY TIME.  IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHAT THIS MEANS PLEASE ASK IN YOUR PM.  You may reveal your role at any time.  Mass reveals are discouraged.  

2.       NO OUTSIDE COMMUNICATION IS ALLOWED.  You can only speak to one  another on the game thread or in a Private Message if your role PM states that you can.  

3.       When voting a player, you must post this in bold type.  For instance:  Vote Jetsfan80.  You may change your vote at any time during the day period.  You may also remove your vote the same way by saying Unvote. You do not need to unvote before voting someone else because only your most recent vote is counted. You may also vote to end the day with No Lynch if you choose.

4.       Each day, you will vote to lynch (remove from the game) one player.  If you are TOWN, You are looking to find SCUM (aka Mafia).  If you are SCUM you are looking to avoid getting lynched.  Majority vote rules.  I.E. if 11 players are alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch. If I think a Day is taking too long I will set a deadline at my discretion. If a majority hasn't been reached by the deadline the Day will end with No Lynch.

5.       At night, the SCUM team will select a player to kill (remove from the game).  You will make these decisions with your teammates in your Private Message.   

6.       Each night, those of you with actions to perform (check your PM) will have 24 hours to submit your night actions.

7.       The rest you’ll figure out as you go.  Ask lots of questions.  Whatever you do, don’t go off and do something dumb, like get yourself killed.  

Addendum:

Note to newbies: Non-players are allowed to post in the game thread, but only if making jokes. They can't--and won't--comment on actual gameplay. Early game is more relaxed, and you'll see less of this as the game goes on. The same can be said of dead players. You can still be present and joke after you're dead, but you should avoid commenting on gameplay. 

Something we we're also discussing in last game is that once you are dead, you should even refrain from upvoting (or downvoting) posts, UNLESS it is purely reacting to a joke. For example, don't upvote someone's reads list that you agree with. Again, as with non-players, the more the game ramps up, the less dead players will be joking around in thread. It's not forbidden, per say, but just "read the room" before you do so, and doing it too much may be distracting.

Alright let's get this game started! Three quick notes.

First: Vanilla Town members are referred to as Explorers in this game for flavor.

Second: In keeping with the theme there will be a few "traps" that can be triggered as you play. They are predetermined and will only happen once per trap. Watch your step!

Third: Due to the large size of the game and the fact we have several new players Day 1 may last a bit longer than I usually let it but after that deadlines may be shorter going forward depending on the momentum of the game.

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Vote @Verbal

Shoot Verbal

Knife Verbal

Set Verbal on fire

Throw Verbal out of a plane with no parachute 

Stab Verbal in the eye with John Wick’s pencil 

That felt good.  Welcome back buddy.  

Vote: 80

Kill him and skull**** his corpse.

Now it's proper.

57 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I like your* style voting verbal and all. 

vote Verbal 

i c wat u did thar

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

16 players?! Holy sh*ttttt…..For you new guys, a word of advice…

The trick to winning is to wait for one of @JiFields @Pac or @Integrity28 to solve the game in the first few days. So just wait and follow their lead.  Unless they are Mafia, in which case do NOT listen them. 

Updated advice:  literally do the opposite of this.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I actually dont know, didnt read my PM, just saw the only thing I needed to see.  Didnt read the intro either, might do that, idk, not sure yet

Was it Hess that played an entire game without reading his role PM and won?

Miss that guy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

16 players?! Holy sh*ttttt…..For you new guys, a word of advice…

The trick to winning is to wait for one of @JiFields @Pac or @Integrity28 to solve the game in the first few days. So just wait and follow their lead.  Unless they are Mafia, in which case do NOT listen them. 

Dude they had the game figured out last night . And all of them will still probably lose

26 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Was it Hess that played an entire game without reading his role PM and won?

Miss that guy.

ha, not sure if he won, but yes.  I also failed to send him a PM once for like 3 days and he thought it was some type of mechanic so didnt say anything. 

• Haha 3

*** A TRAP HAS BEEN TRIGGERED ***

As you are all standing uneasily in the rain the pitter patter of the droplets starts to pick up and the sky darkens. It is no longer a light rain but has turned into a heavy downpour. You all move to find some cover and then... CRACK! There is a sudden flash of lightning and for just a second Barry, who failed to move under the awning sticking out from the hotel quickly enough, is illuminated and you all get a really good look at him for the first time.

The name of Barry's role is: Deputy

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

As you are all standing uneasily in the rain the pitter patter of the droplets starts to pick up and the sky darkens. It is no longer a light rain but has turned into a heavy downpour. You all move to find some cover and then... CRACK! There is a sudden flash of lightning and for just a second Barry, who failed to move under the awning sticking out from the hotel quickly enough, is illuminated and you all get a really good look at him for the first time.

*Derpity

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nolder said:

neat, i guess I need to read things and stuff, including this post

9 hours ago, Nolder said:

Players

1. The Crusher

2. 80

3. Lurker

4. jgb 

5. Jvill

6. Verbal 

7. Stark

8. Arsis

9. Jif 

10. Pac

11. Ape

12. Smash

13. Green seed

14. Beaver

15. Barry

16. Hal N

Sub1. Drums

Very exciting line up, good on you Nolder.  Lots of dudes Id bang in this group. 

• Haha 1