Saleh - Jets to be "aggressive as heck" to fix QB

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Wait.  What’s the deal with the trade deadline? Can Carr actually be traded or is it going to be one of those “ have agreed in principle “ deals ? 

I think it would have to be "agreed in principle" but not official until start of the new league year in March.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

There is a lot of room for improvement when you have had the league worst starting QB for three seasons running.  We do not need to find our Mahomes (hoepfully we do someday) but league averge QB play would be a huge improvement over what we have had for most the last decade.

I don't see a big improvement out there above Mike White, ZW is out of the picture will be cut, he can't hurt you guys anymore, move on.

The benchmark is Mike White, not ZW

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Lamar would be my choice but might cost too much. Carr or Garoppolo will likely be at a reasonable price or even nothing if released. Raiders won’t let Carr hang around once bonus goes into effect in February. I think Saleh would like to stick with familiarity, Garoppolo might be the guy, with Bevell as OC. Forced marriages with coaches hardly ever works. This will at least give Saleh a guy he has worked with before and successfully. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think it would have to be "agreed in principle" but not official until start of the new league year in March.

Same thing that happened when Washington traded for Alex Smith I believe. They agreed and did it sometime after the regular season ended but before the league year began. 

Best case scenario?

Dolphins sign Brady and fire McDaniel for some reason. Mike McD becomes our OC. 

Lamar wants out. Joe D makes the trade.

The realistic scenario?

Darrell Bevell + Gardiner Minshew (the perfect, we're not giving up on Zach, and Minshew is desperate to get on the field and sees real opportunity here, compromise choice).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 3

16 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Unfortunately Carr has a say in where he goes and I just can't see him wanting to come here with Saleh being on the hot seat. 

Not to mention he is from California.  And went to school in California.  And played his whole career in California.  I doubt he goes "YES!" Lets go move across the entire country and play in crappy cold weather for half the season!

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I think they'll just go after Carr and see what it takes to get him. He has to be done now. They can't wait the whole off season to see if Lamar is available, then be stuck going after Andy Dalton because they tag him or whatever. 

Carr and Olson, pleez... 

• Upvote 2