Saleh - Jets to be "aggressive as heck" to fix QB

21 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t think there’s any way they’re blowing smoke.

I’ve been saying for a while now that Jets fans are kidding themselves if they think we’re rolling with someone like White, Minshew, etc to get this team over the hump.

I don’t care what Woody says publicly, Saleh and JD’s jobs are very much on the line next season. To rely on some backup/fringe starter at QB would be pure stupidity.

I honestly think it’s going to be one of Carr, Rodgers or Lamar.

Devils Advocate in me says they have guaranteed contracts and knew there’d be an expiration date working for the Jets regardless. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Russ was an effective runner, I agree.  Also that entire offense was run based, leaning on Lynch first.  But I was thinking more along the Lamar type.  Leads the league in rushing yards as a QB, sets the record for rushing yards and then when his team falls behind is useless trying to play catch-up.  

Yea Russ has the most rushes with a SB win. Cam and Kaep both made it to the game but lost. 

It's a little deceiving argument though. Most of the SBs this century have been won by someone with the last name Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger. I think that skews a lot. It's also been a small sample size of running QBs compared to throwers. We are definitely starting to get those more mobile QBs into the league now.

Edit* it may be correct, just saying sample size is an issue.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea Russ has the most rushes with a SB win. Cam and Kaep both made it to the game but lost. 

It's a little deceiving argument though. Most of the SBs this century have been won by someone with the last name Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger. I think that skews a lot. It's also been a small sample size of running QBs compared to throwers. We are definitely starting to get those more mobile QBs into the league now.

Thank you for using common sense here Ryan idk Wtf is up with @Jet Nut and @jgb

• More Ugh 1

I mean are we even arguing this?

Zach Wilson is a trash QB. Even in his "good" games he was bad for a decent portion of that game. Anyone who is confident that he makes a historical turnaround has a strong belief that I can't understand.

Eye test. Zach plays scared too much. doesn't use his legs when there is opportunity most games. can't consistently make easy throws, flats, screens. Misses wide a$$ open WRs many times a game. 

I don't care if he can make a "wow" throw once every game. Make the routine plays and you don' need the "wow" throws. 

Is Zach better than Mike White? does it even matter. We need to raise our level of QB play expectations if that's what we gonna argue. 

MW playing in all 6 of his NFL games appeared to be a better player at the QB position than Zach. no MW did not have the wins he also didn't have Breece and AVT to mask any difficiencies or have a run game. Zach in 2 years has shown more bad than good and plays like a bottom tier QB. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Even if a guy is not fired, he should still have to interview with the new OC to retain his job.  

With the overall lack of improvement in players and regression of some, I wonder how much of that ties to LaFleur versus the existing positional coaches. The new OC deserves to bring in his own guys if he wants and cut anybody who is part of the problem over the last two years. I don't take Saleh's comment to mean everybody else has a guaranteed job, just that they didn't dismiss the entire offensive staff with LaFleur.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Steve Young is 6th all time in QB rushing yards. John Elway is 11th.

He means quarterbacks that stay solely in the pocket and cannot scramble to create yards via their legs. You know, duds and losers like Josh Allen and Pat Mahomes. 

200.gif

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Zach Wilson started and played til mid 2nd Q. Mike White didn't have his first possession until the 3rd quarter when the Jets were down by 21.

And If as a QB wins are the stat Zach lovers use as their defense of him, why in the hell was he BENCHED for Mike White, not only benched but INACTIVE for 3 games and them after the reset replaced by the CFL guy who had not taken a snap all year?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

You do realize most if not all of these guys will have some say in where they go right?

Who is coming here that as any options whatsoever?

I honestly don't see Jimmy G as being a massive upgrade over MW. Look at how much better the 49ers were with Purdy, it wasn't even close, and that was  completely stacked roster. I used to like Jimmy G a lot, but injruies have taken their toll on him.

I think Carr would be an awful fit here, and if he has any other options, no way he comes here. If he is here and his head is in it, he is a massive upgrade, I do agree, but I dont' see him coming here.

Jackson, Rodgers are a pipe dream.

Daniel Jones won't be avaialble, and was considered a huge bust before Dabol took him

ZW is done here, move on. Mike White is on par with largely anyone we can bring in. 

Correct.So what QB with options or with a no trade clause signed up for lame duck Saleh and a spanking new OC implementing the next vaunted new system? Same idea; what great OC is signing up for lame duck 2023 Saleh who jsut threw his palunder thebus.Mayonly be 32 teams, but this isn't among the better jobs for either. 

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

But Cam was a 4K hard type passer while Lamar has thrown for 3K once.  
Kaep went to a SB throwing for 139 yds per
That’s a lopsided win for passing QBs 

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I do think this defense will look even better with an Offense that forces other teams to throw. We were built to rush the passer and intercept balls thrown under pressure. When the offense can't score, teams just run on us which neutralizes all those assets we spend on DL and DB

Well then force fumbles, right?  Take the ball away from the other team.  I'm not giving our D a free pass for generating 1 turnover in the last 6 games.

1 minute ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

And If as a QB wins are the stat Zach lovers use as their defense of him, why in the hell was he BENCHED for Mike White, not only benched but INACTIVE for 3 games and them after the reset replaced by the CFL guy who had not taken a snap all year?

It's okay to get benched. It's another thing if they don't believe in him. Right now they are not relying on him but still believe in Zach, or at least it's what they are saying publicly. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stark said:

seems like he wants a very specific player, ala Mike Vick to a lesser degree Steve McNair,  Cam, Russ, Kyler, 

pretty simple.  A QB in 5 or 6 season has one year with over 3K yards but set the all time rush mark for a QB is not Joh Elway unless you’ve never watched the game 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But Cam was a 4K hard type passer while Lamar has thrown for 3K once.  
Kaep went to a SB throwing for 139 yds per
That’s a lopsided win for passing QBs 

Sure, that's true. I also think it's fair to say we have never really seen a QB quite like Lamar. Vick was the closest thing, maybe RG3 but we never got more than his rookie year

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well then force fumbles, right?  Take the ball away from the other team.  I'm not giving our D a free pass for generating 1 turnover in the last 6 games.

Not a free pass but a valid reason for the decline we observed. But 3 (i think) since the Denver game is absurd

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Sure, that's true. I also think it's fair to say we have never really seen a QB quite like Lamar. Vick was the closest thing, maybe RG3 but we never got more than his rookie year

It’s such a bush league argument tbh

wity such a small sample size how can you make any fair judgments? 

@Jet Nut is just doubling down on a terrible take, shame

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

And none of them have won a thing.  
Or come close

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

It’s such a bush league argument tbh

wity such a small sample size how can you make any fair judgments? 

@Jet Nut is just doubling down on a terrible take, shame

Steve Young had 4,200 rushing yards in 15 seasons, 280 per season

Lamar Jackson has 4,400 rushing yards in 5 seasons, 880 per season

Doubling down

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Steve Young had 4,200 rushing yards in 15 seasons

Lamar Jackson has 4,400 rushing yards in 5 seasons

Whats a running QB?

What’s a pocket QB? 

brady manning types, correct?

Compared to them young is a running qb, stop with the bush league nonsense 

46 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

he came in cold (in his 1st career appearance) as an injury sub for ZW vs NE in '21

I'm not putting that loss on him

Dude probably had zero practice reps with the Ones all season prior to that

he came in cold

LMFAO what a JOKE

you dont put any losses on him because you're just another delusional Mike White fanboy clearly

POST HIS NUMBERS IN THE LOSSES KID

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

It's okay to get benched. It's another thing if they don't believe in him. Right now they are not relying on him but still believe in Zach, or at least it's what they are saying publicly. 

Yes and if the "Winning" record meant so much then he would not have been benched!....Obviously they did not believe he was the guy because they sat his ass down and inactive, not back up or sit for a game but 3 games inactive....You know how awful you have to be that as the #2 pick in the draft in your second season you have to be benched an inactive?.....Does anyone really believe this is a move they wanted to make?......The kid was a total mess and an embarrassment to the QB position so much so they lost the belief in him........