Saleh - Jets to be "aggressive as heck" to fix QB

26 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

“Such a player” Russ won stop it

I was responding to jet nuts post talking about a specific QB type. The type he describes I do not believe has won one. I brought up Wilson as a dual threat QB that won it all, weirdo.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Steve Young is 6th all time in QB rushing yards. John Elway is 11th.

Elway averaged 213 yards per season running the ball and 3217 passing the ball.  He wasn't a running QB.  Steve Young ran the ball but he was primarily and in the pocket QB when he didn't suck which was a good part of his first 5 years in the league.

• Upvote 1

The idea that we have had nothing at QB in forever yet there are people opposed to Lamar because he might not hold up long term, according to their armchair quarterback knowledge based on nothing, is wild. Yeah, lets pass on a proven elite talent and go gamble on Gardener Minnieshoe or whatever his name is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

It is an interesting point who is the last dual threat QB to win a Super Bowl?? Russell Wilson I guess you could say was a plus scrambler in his prime?

He was but when he actually won the SB their running game was insane and so was their D.   He was also a rookie I think or second year player and hadn't been banged up yet.  He looks like he's an old boxer who can't throw the jab now. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, pointman said:

The idea that we have had nothing at QB in forever yet there are people opposed to Lamar because he might not hold up long term, according to their armchair quarterback knowledge based on nothing, is wild. Yeah, lets pass on a proven elite talent and go gamble on Gardener Minnieshoe or whatever his name is. 

Seriously it’s insane but many of these same people will try and sell you on Zach or Mike white when Lamar is one of the top QBs on the planet (with all his flaws)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Seriously it’s insane but many of these same people will try and sell you on Zach or Mike white when Lamar is one of the top QBs on the planet (with all his flaws)

He is a top QB.  He also has got the crap kicked out of him and can't stay on the field.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

It's utter insanity.

These are fat guys with stains on their shirts who just divorced their ugly wives, their friend offers to set them up on a date with Margot Robbie and they be like... "Ehhhh, her teeth are too weirdly spaced for me".

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This is all a waste since Baltimore won't ever let him get away. He is too good. But BUT in the insane situation he is somehow available, us not taking a run at him would be the ultimate sign of stupidity. Mike White is terrible. Terrible. He isn't even a guaranteed solid backup in this league on a contender. Lamar's flaw is he gets banged up short term. According to google he has had a few sprains and nothing broken or long term lay offs. For what he provides, the gamble is tiny. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

It's utter insanity.

These are fat guys with stains on their shirts who just divorced their ugly wives, their friend offers to set them up on a date with Margot Robbie and they be like... "Ehhhh, her teeth are too weirdly spaced for me".

"bro, you see her elbow skin?? She has wrinkles on her elbow when she straightens her arm. Barf."

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

It's utter insanity.

If you wanna be happy
For the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
So from my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her
Then she starts to do
The things that will break his heart.
But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You'll be happy for the rest of your life,
An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,
She'll always give you peace of mind.

If you wanna be happy

Don't let your friends say
You have no taste,
Go ahead and marry anyway,
Though her face is ugly,
Her eyes don't match,
Take it from me she's a better catch.

If you wanna be happy

2 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

another clown MW shill BOZO changing the subject to some random weirdo sh*t about the postal service when facts are presented 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

thanks for playing

I’m good, man.

You’re the one who’s all emotional with your panties in a bunch.

Re-read your own post.  You sound like a psychopath.  

I said I didn’t blame MW for the NE loss (a game your boy Zach Wilson started) and you lost your sh-t.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I’m good, man.

I said I didn’t blame MW for the NE loss (a game your boy Zach Wilson started) and you lost your sh-t.

He is a psychopath. Facts only.

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I’m good, man.

Damn this team have all of us fighting each other Lmfao I’m seriously sry @Jet Nut

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

ditch Wilson, bring in car AND draft McKee to lean in back of Carr.  That would be an "aggressive" series of moves to fix the qb. I'd say...

JFC with McKee already 

"Current Draft Projection for Stanford QB Tanner McKee

McKee has enough physical upside to drive his stock up down the stretch. But off the available tape, he grades as a mid-to-late Day 3 prospect in the developmental mold. One could argue McKee declared a year early, but regardless, he’ll generate interest from a number of teams."

You guys want to take this trash with a first because we're desperate?... Desperation does not lead to good decision making.

His is not the profile I'm  looking to drop a first round pick on .... if he is there and we want to take a shot on early day 3 sure but I don't understand the infatuation with burning premium picks on sub premium prospects.

I don't want Levis either...if Levis is there at 13 please someone stop us.

Hmmm.... if it was between Minshew and Marriotta, which would  you (settle) for?  BTW this assumes we would be drafting a quarterback in the 2-5 rounds.  I kind of slightly lean toward Marriota but I really hope it doesnt come down this either of them.    

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm not even sure he would look for an extension. He just got a massive one from the Raiders.

He'll look for the most favorable landing spot, but if I'm Carr and his agent, the biggest thing for me would be to keep my current contract that makes him like the 7th highest paid QB in the league.

If he gets cut...is he really going to get $40+ million a year in FA?  I'm not so sure he would.

He'll demand some sort of guaranteed money.

Once you're traded all the upfront money is penalized to the original team.  

They have less time than they think. They need to get the offensive coordinator on board asap.  He’s going to have to evaluate zwilson to see if he can be fixed and how long it will take. If it’s something with a short time horizon then they can go for a qb like Matt Ryan or other willing to start for this season but no guarantees in the future. If zwilson can’t be fixed then they need to go for a younger and higher priced guy like a Carr or jimmy g who will want to be starter from day 1. The new oc should also be capable of being a hc in class saleh’s wheels come off.  Bevell seems to be a decent choice as he was a hot coaching prospect not too long ago.  Reich is also good. So is kubiak. Olson? Don’t know. Wasn’t he a te? If so tes make pretty good coaches.  Others will be available.

the main thing is getting this done so they can evaluate zwilson before free agency and the draft. And who knows, maybe the new guy will be able to impart his wisdom to zwilson.  Lafleur was too young to have much of that.

13 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

JFC with McKee already 

McKee has enough physical upside to drive his stock up down the stretch. But off the available tape, he grades as a mid-to-late Day 3 prospect in the developmental mold. One could argue McKee declared a year early, but regardless, he’ll generate interest from a number of teams."

You guys want to take this trash with a first because we're desperate?... Desperation does not lead to good decision making.

His is not the profile I'm  looking to drop a first round pick on .... if he is there and we want to take a shot on early day 3 sure but I don't understand the infatuation with burning premium picks on sub premium prospects.

They would be insane to draft a quarterback at 13 this year unless the guy sets the off season on fire and really projects well in todays modern NFL offense.  Mobility and accuracy are two essentials you need in todays game...   

I would much rather take one in the 2nd through 5th rounds, depending who is on the board at that time.  Some like a Henton Hooker (I don't care if he is a little older) and he can compete with Zach for the Back up.  Bringing in a experienced "average" quarterback is an absolute must, above average would be ideal. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, rangerous said:

They have less time than they think. They need to get the offensive coordinator on board asap.  He’s going to have to evaluate zwilson to see if he can be fixed and how long it will take. If it’s something with a short time horizon then they can go for a qb like Matt Ryan or other willing to start for this season but no guarantees in the future. If zwilson can’t be fixed then they need to go for a younger and higher priced guy like a Carr or jimmy g who will want to be starter from day 1. The new oc should also be capable of being a hc in class saleh’s wheels come off.  Bevell seems to be a decent choice as he was a hot coaching prospect not too long ago.  Reich is also good. So is kubiak. Olson? Don’t know. Wasn’t he a te? If so tes make pretty good coaches.  Others will be available.

the main thing is getting this done so they can evaluate zwilson before free agency and the draft. And who knows, maybe the new guy will be able to impart his wisdom to zwilson.  Lafleur was too young to have much of that.

Bruh

the Zach Wilson ship has sailed 

2 minutes ago, RJIII said:

These comments guarantee that Wilson is gone/traded/cut and we move forward with a veteran QB. Wilson's downside is not a quick-fix if it's even fixable at all. 

No they don't.  That is just your projection of the comments.  There is a lot of time between now and camp and alot of things can happen.  We have no idea whether Zach is back or not.  I tend to think he will be back as Saleh refuses to accept the Kid is as bad as he looked this season, and with better coaching, better play design he might resemble the player they thought they were getting.   It remains to be seen what they do and who they bring in as the starter.     Many people has Mims to be cut the minute the season ended last year and yet here he is still with the team.  There is no benefit I can see to cutting Zach.  If it is up to me, he gets one more season to show growth and progress unless a deal comes along I can't resist. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

If you wanna be happy

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her
Then she starts to do
The things that will break his heart.
But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You'll be happy for the rest of your life,
An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,
She'll always give you peace of mind.

If you wanna be happy

Don't let your friends say
You have no taste,
Go ahead and marry anyway,
Though her face is ugly,
Her eyes don't match,
Take it from me she's a better catch.

If you wanna be happy

This is the lyrical version of this:

think.png.a5318d34e775cd8c33d2167907cfa1ad.png

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I’m good, man.

your direct quote

LOL MW losses:

’21 BUF (11-6)

‘22 MIN (13-4)

’22 BUF (13-3)

’22 @Seattle (5 broken ribs aggravated before halftime)

4 losses, not 5

3 of 4 losses came vs teams with combined record of 37-13

And Minnesota game was lost by Berrios

you forget to take ur meds? post his numbers in these losses kid

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

They would be insane to draft a quarterback at 13 this year unless the guy is unless the guy sets the off season on fire and really projects well in todays modern NFL offense.  Mobility and accuracy are two essentials you need in todays game.   

I would much rather take one in the 2nd through 5th rounds, depending who is on the board at that time.  Some like a Henton Hooker (I don't care if he is a little older) and he can compete with Zach for the Back up.  Bringing in a experienced "average" quarterback is an absolute must, above average would be ideal. 

Agreed. The guy their clamoring for is already 23 years old with 13 tds to 8 picks in 2022. Its comical really.  Didnt set the pac12 on fire but sure burn the 13th pick on.

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

21 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

JFC with McKee already 

Wanna bet he goes late first early second ???

22 minutes ago, rangerous said:

They have less time than they think. They need to get the offensive coordinator on board asap.  He’s going to have to evaluate zwilson to see if he can be fixed and how long it will take.

If any of the potential OC candidates say they can fix Wilson, Douglas and Saleh should end the interview immediately and move on to the next guy.

8 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Wanna bet he goes late first early second ???

I bet he does... I also bet the GM that takes him there gets fired in the next 3 years or so.

There are trash hype beasts who are "Toolsy" with "prototypical size" but lack the production and actual skill to warrant the hype every year. Tanner isn't even all that toolsy. Watch some tape breakdown read some analysis and you'll see a plethora of red flags with both Levis and McKee. I'm not sold on Bryce or Stroud and they are leagues ahead of anyone else in the class.

Good luck to you and Tanner you make a beautiful couple.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Aaron Wilson (who was first with the Lafleur news yesterday) says  Calabrese is gone too.

I don't see any way you could have kept the OLine or QB coach after this past season.

Will Miles Austin return? I wouldn't bet on it.  (See what I did there?)

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1