OBJ is a classless POS

Bronx

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah I think the problem is people like you don't have enough respect for air travel and the fact you are in a metal tube that's traveling at 30,000 feet and 600 MPH....maybe Greyhound is a better fit for you.

I have respect for my son experiencing a disorienting drop in his blood sugars.  The flight was delayed by the flight attendants trying to kick us off - my son was already in his seat and buckled.  I take it you don't have kids or know anyone with Type 1 diabetes and how that might impact a six year old.  And why I am a huge advocate for kids at the JDRF.  Maybe you're ok with a total stranger yelling at us to get the f off the plane - in front of my six year old.   Maybe you're that guy.  I'll let your comments stand as I'm sure anyone who has dealt with a situation with their kids might be a bit more understanding,  Have a nice day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

He got kicked off because he refused to put his seatbelt on. If you’re hammered and plan on passing out immediately you just put it on and no one bothers you. He had his own seat too so it’s not as if other passengers were coming. 

The lady was telling him to put his seat belt on while he was passed out, can you do sh*t in your sleep? Because I can’t, he wasn’t refusing to put his seat belt on he was passed out 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Never thought I'd be defending OBJ's behavior, but the guy did nothing wrong IMO.

I watched the whole video on TMZ. OBJ had come straight from a club and wanted to pass out, so what - free country, this is Miami.  The flight attendants had a difficult time waking him to put his seatbelt on.  They called medics who came and said he was fine, but the Karen flight attendants said he couldn't stay on.  He wasn't happy, I'd have been furious, but he kept his composure until some other Karen passenger inserted herself and started yelling at him to "get off." He gave her some sh*t.  

I can actually see why the attendants would be nervous to keep him on board, but I'd be every bit as upset as he was to be taken off a plane after Medics cleared him.

People only read what they want to read,  they jump to conclusions not knowing the full story, but are quick to say he’s classless 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I have a tangential story along these lines.   At the University I used to work at there was this tale that the mens football team sent a whole bunch of donuts to a girls residence of which one of the girls was a girlfriend of a football player.  The girls were all delighted and happy, then the next day the men sent a photo of a bunch of them naked with donuts on their dicks.  Now they 'said' it was not the same donuts and it was years ago so it did not cause too much of a kerfuffle like it would today.

So that's how Krispy Kreme originated?  Wow.  makes sense.  

kk-delivery-icon.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

The lady was telling him to put his seat belt on while he was passed out, can you do sh*t in your sleep? Because I can’t, he wasn’t refusing to put his seat belt on he was passed out 

He's not on the N97 if you can't stay conscious for takeoff go get a hotel room.  

16 minutes ago, PavlovsDogs said:

I have respect for my son experiencing a disorienting drop in his blood sugars.  The flight was delayed by the flight attendants trying to kick us off - my son was already in his seat and buckled.  I take it you don't have kids or know anyone with Type 1 diabetes and how that might impact a six year old.  And why I am a huge advocate for kids at the JDRF.  Maybe you're ok with a total stranger yelling at us to get the f off the plane - in front of my six year old.   Maybe you're that guy.  I'll let your comments stand as I'm sure anyone who has dealt with a situation with their kids might be a bit more understanding,  Have a nice day.

All I hear is a lot of my, me, and I.  You and your family aren't the only people who exist. 

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Why on earth would you not buckle up after you sit down? Was he airlifted into the plane while sleeping? 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, PavlovsDogs said:

Yeah - can't believe I'm defending OBJ but I have seen much worse behavior on flights and the passenger didn't get kicked off.  Then all the passengers walk by him and blame him for what was going on.  I think the flight attendants were Karens.

I have an interesting story - my son is a Type 1 Diabetic, and we were coming home from Hawaii when he was around six years old.  Right before we boarded he had a huge drop in his blood sugars - if you're unfamiliar how that can impact an adult with Type 1 Diabetes - it can make you disoriented and emotional.  My son began to cry loudly that he was scared, and wasn't staying in his seat.  I was doing my best to calm him, as were two very nice elderly passengers - obviously it was a little kid in distress.  The flight attendants then decided to kick our entire family off the flight.  I argued with them about what he was experiencing, and in five minutes he will be fine.  Our disagreement was delaying the flight, and the entire plane started looking at my family like we were a bunch of assholes.  One actually yelled us to get the **** off the plane.  We complied, but when I passed that guy I told him to never have kids - he would be a terrible dad and probably produce another a-hole like him!  I'm surprised I didn't get arrested. 

Don't underestimate how much flight attendants can create problems when there aren't any.  And in five minutes, my kid calmed down from the blood sugar drop, and started to cry that we got kicked off.  It took us another 12 hours to get home.

Food for thought.

Sorry that sucks.  I saw a family get kicked off their plane cause their 3 year old wouldn’t wear a mask.  It was early during COVID and my family was flying home after Christmas or something   

The flight attendants wanted a pat on the back and encouragement for it.  Someone came on from the gate came in and quietly encouraged them to not kick the family off, but the one flight attendant stuck to her guns and the others just backed her.  Kid had his mask on and was eating but raising the mask to please them and started choking.  

It was so freaking awkward and dumb.  Flight attendants can be very VERY dumb.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, PavlovsDogs said:

Your story is obviously completely different than a drunk athlete not wearing pants or refusing to put his seatbelt on. He had his own seat, put it on then pass out. Overzealous flight attendants are not fun. The Odell situation wasn’t that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I have a tangential story along these lines.   At the University I used to work at there was this tale that the mens football team sent a whole bunch of donuts to a girls residence of which one of the girls was a girlfriend of a football player.  The girls were all delighted and happy, then the next day the men sent a photo of a bunch of them naked with donuts on their dicks.  Now they 'said' it was not the same donuts and it was years ago so it did not cause too much of a kerfuffle like it would today.

That's been a tall tale spread around for quite some time - even back when I was in college in the early 80s.

But we should send some doughnuts to the Pats, you know, as a kind gesture.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, undertow said:

All I hear is a lot of my, me, and I.  You and your family aren't the only people who exist. 

If that's what you took from the story, I genuinely feel bad for you.  I recommend reading this book - my son absolutely loved it.  Perhaps it will give you some perspective on the challenges that kids with Type 1 Diabetes face, including not being in control of their emotions - especially at 6 years old. 

https://www.amazon.com/No-Days-Off-Diabetes-Journey/dp/1982155892/ref=sr_1_1?crid=VRIE1K4LFHOP&keywords=No+Days+Off%3A+My+Life+with+Type+1+Diabetes+and+Journey+to+the+NHL&qid=1673562171&sprefix=no+days+off+my+life+with+type+1+diabetes+and+journey+to+the+nhl%2Caps%2C353&sr=8-1

51yRICy5gwL._SX429_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• More Ugh 1

49 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

People only read what they want to read,  they jump to conclusions not knowing the full story, but are quick to say he’s classless 

Nobody’s reading anything, he’s on a video arguing with people.  
At some point shut up and sit down, you’ve become disruptive at that point.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Really? You never boarded a plane while you were tired? Must live in a perfect world! I book early flights just so I can sleep on the plane!

He has a single seat.   He walked on.  Sit.  Buckle up.  Shut up.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Your story is obviously completely different than a drunk athlete not wearing pants or refusing to put his seatbelt on. He had his own seat, put it on then pass out. Overzealous flight attendants are not fun. The Odell situation wasn’t that.

appears he was in 1st class as well.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PavlovsDogs said:

Yeah - can't believe I'm defending OBJ but I have seen much worse behavior on flights and the passenger didn't get kicked off.  Then all the passengers walk by him and blame him for what was going on.  I think the flight attendants were Karens.

I have an interesting story - my son is a Type 1 Diabetic, and we were coming home from Hawaii when he was around six years old.  Right before we boarded he had a huge drop in his blood sugars - if you're unfamiliar how that can impact an adult with Type 1 Diabetes - it can make you disoriented and emotional.  My son began to cry loudly that he was scared, and wasn't staying in his seat.  I was doing my best to calm him, as were two very nice elderly passengers - obviously it was a little kid in distress.  The flight attendants then decided to kick our entire family off the flight.  I argued with them about what he was experiencing, and in five minutes he will be fine.  Our disagreement was delaying the flight, and the entire plane started looking at my family like we were a bunch of assholes.  One actually yelled us to get the **** off the plane.  We complied, but when I passed that guy I told him to never have kids - he would be a terrible dad and probably produce another a-hole like him!  I'm surprised I didn't get arrested. 

Don't underestimate how much flight attendants can create problems when there aren't any.  And in five minutes, my kid calmed down from the blood sugar drop, and started to cry that we got kicked off.  It took us another 12 hours to get home.

Food for thought.

Wow, that's messed up. What year was this? Please tell me it was a long time ago.

How hard is it to put on a seatbelt when you sit down.The amount of people who have no concept of flying is something. But then again these are probably the people who stand in the aisle with the overhead open the second the plane lands. 

Reports stated that he also had his pants down around his knees. I believe that is frowned upon as well.

I won’t pass judgement on what May or may not have occurred on the plane, but I will critique his football abilities. He drops a lot of passes that hit him in the numbers. He can catch some balls that seem uncatchable and make the highlight reels, but doesn’t consistently make the more routine catches. Maybe that’s what got him kicked off?