Ryan Tannehill anyone?

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well list them in order of preference and we can start to decide which of the 35 is the best.

That’s what I hope JD is doing. Tannehill will be pretty far down the list, is what I’m suggesting. Yes he’s an upgrade for sure. But I suspect JD is trying to go big here.

Just now, carlito1171 said:

If we strike out with all the top options and it comes down to Tannehill or run it back with Zach.....you all would cry for it LOL 

So let's not be so dismissive.....beggars can't be choosers 

JD will go down his list. Tannehill won’t be at the top nor the bottom. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

JD will go down his list. Tannehill won’t be at the top nor the bottom. 

given where we are at QB, we should be hard pressed to dismiss anything......This isn't madden with trade override....

I fully expect us to go after the top options 1st but they could just tell us no lol 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

given where we are at QB, we should be hard pressed to dismiss anything......This isn't madden with trade override....

I fully expect us to go after the top options 1st but they could just tell us no lol 

Not dismiss, prioritize. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

If they cant get Carr, I would not have a big problem with him.  Many people will be aghast but he is better than what we have.

That's all I keep hearing- "better than what we have."  What does that get the Jets?  A wild card berth and some playoff losses?  I've been there in the late 90s and early 2000s and late 2000s and it is not enough.  I'd rather lose for a few more years if it means building a championship quality team.  Tannehill was QB on a perennial playoff team with the Titans and he was not good enough. We need to aim higher than "meh - good enough" for 9 wins.  

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That's all I keep hearing- "better than what we have."  What does that get the Jets?  A wild card berth and some playoff losses?  I've been there in the late 90s and early 2000s and late 2000s and it is not enough.  I'd rather lose for a few more years if it means building a championship quality team.  Tannehill was QB on a perennial playoff team with the Titans and he was not good enough. We need to aim higher than "meh - good enough" for 9 wins.  

That is fine to say, what is your solution?  Really great Qbs are not available, they aren't, those talking about lamar jackson are living in a dream world.  Any QB that is available has issues and even the guys that have issues will have more than one team after them.

• Upvote 1