Ryan Tannehill anyone?

3 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

What’s your opinion? There’s a good possibility that he’s free.

Me, if they sign this guy, fire up the planes.

The thing with tannehill is that he needs a run game.  He’s a good passer and has come around since his punk days in Miami. I think I would look on his hire as something of a two year stop gap until zwilson comes around or some other young qb.  The other thing is there are a lot of players who are primed to win now on both sides of the ball, especially defense. They need a good improvement in offense.

14 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

What’s your opinion? There’s a good possibility that he’s free.

Me, if they sign this guy, fire up the planes.

This was the best year to watch him.  The Titans had a good amount of prime-time games. I was not forced to watch them.

He is a JAG.  With Garrett Wilson and a healthy Hall, he will get you 8-11 wins, but he is not a long-term solution.

14 hours ago, jgb said:

I’m was the biggest — maybe only — advocate for bringing him in when Miami put him on the block. But the ship has now sailed and he is not the player he was then. 

I always thought he was underrated but I haven't followed his career since Miami.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That's all I keep hearing- "better than what we have."  What does that get the Jets?  A wild card berth and some playoff losses?  I've been there in the late 90s and early 2000s and late 2000s and it is not enough.  I'd rather lose for a few more years if it means building a championship quality team.  Tannehill was QB on a perennial playoff team with the Titans and he was not good enough. We need to aim higher than "meh - good enough" for 9 wins.  

THIS!

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The price point for a good QB is set. The number will only go up. In free agency teams overpay. It's how it works. 

People are thinking they can get a good QB for $20mm a year or something. Not happening in 2023.

If that's what Tannehill is demanding then move on to a different QB.  Someone like an Andy Dalton or Sam Darnold.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

If that's what Tannehill is demanding then move on to a different QB.  Someone like an Andy Dalton or Sam Darnold.

I'm not into Tannehill but I don't understand this mentality. Let's save Woody Johnson money and go with a garbage option at QB! 

F that. We have a defense that is capable of going deep into the playoffs. Go get a good QB and let's win games. 

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm not into Tannehill but I don't understand this mentality. Let's save Woody Johnson money and go with a garbage option at QB! 

F that. We have a defense that is capable of going deep into the playoffs. Go get a good QB and let's win games. 

This has NOTHING to do with saving Woody Johnson money.

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's worse than "meh- good enough ."  Might as well stick with Wilson and White and hope one of them improves than go with what we know about these two- an old timer who wasn't good enough to win playoff games in his prime (Dalton) and a bad starting QB who might have a career as a back up (Darnold).  

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That's worse than "meh- good enough ."  Might as well stick with Wilson and White and hope one of them improves than go with what we know about these two- an old timer who wasn't good enough to win playoff games in his prime (Dalton) and a bad starting QB who might have a career as a back up (Darnold).  

We need to add a veteran to this mix because ZW's future is unclear and MFW has been injured both years where he got a shot.  Dalton is a veteran presence who is cheap.  Sam will also probably come cheap and is still only like ~25 years old but a veteran.  

Its seems like every year we have large shoes to fill on offense. Do you really believe there is really any chance that this will get fixed next year.

Please no Jimmy G. (Purdy seems to be better), no Carr (can he even throw in cold weather), no Lamar (the cost along will set the team back for 10 more years).

I would take Rodgers or Brady and draft a another QB (is Bennett really too small to take a flyer on as a day 3 pick?)

When will this same garbage end.

19 hours ago, jbt said:

if we miss out on Carr, Garropolo, Rodgers, Brady, Minshew, Brisette, Mike White and anyone else available then yes

He is better than minshew and brissett, imo. And he is less of an injury risk than Jimmy G and Mike White.

Tannenhill is certainly not at the top of my list but is also not an the bottom. I'd take him if options start to dry up.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, BigB said:

Its seems like every year we have large shoes to fill on offense. Do you really believe there is really any chance that this will get fixed next year.

Please no Jimmy G. (Purdy seems to be better), no Carr (can he even throw in cold weather), no Lamar (the cost along will set the team back for 10 more years).

I would take Rodgers or Brady and draft a another QB (is Bennett really too small to take a flyer on as a day 3 pick?)

When will this same garbage end.

Carr has done so much in his career that to just shut down the idea of him coming to the Jets. The Freakin' Jets! Because 'he's bad in cold weather' is absolutely absurd.

If the Jets signed him he would immediately by the best QB we have had here since...Vinny? Chad? Namath??!!!

Rodgers is a smug a$$hole but yes I would love for him to be a Jet on a short term contract (assuming we're not giving up a ton of draft capital in the deal).   

The idea of Brady playing for the Jets makes my stomach turn. I just can't see this happening. If somehow, someway he did. Sure, that would vastly improve our QB position. 

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You may want to review the list of QB salaries. He will.

Tannehill and his agent will be laughed out of many rooms this coming offseason if they ask for a number even close to that

hes getting a one year deal probably neighborhood of $7-8 mil to be a backup

• WTF? 1

45 minutes ago, PepPep said:

He is better than minshew and brissett, imo. And he is less of an injury risk than Jimmy G and Mike White.

Tannenhill is certainly not at the top of my list but is also not an the bottom. I'd take him if options start to dry up.

Minshew stinks and Brisset is a JAG backup.  Tannehill is only marginally better than those 2

36 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Carr has done so much in his career that to just shut down the idea of him coming to the Jets. The Freakin' Jets! Because 'he's bad in cold weather' is absolutely absurd.

If the Jets signed him he would immediately by the best QB we have had here since...Vinny? Chad? Namath??!!!

Rodgers is a smug a$$hole but yes I would love for him to be a Jet on a short term contract (assuming we're not giving up a ton of draft capital in the deal).   

The idea of Brady playing for the Jets makes my stomach turn. I just can't see this happening. If somehow, someway he did. Sure, that would vastly improve our QB position. 

Carr's cold weather stats just dont lie.