Despite the Lies The Jets Are A Desirable Place for an OC!!

I believe we are too. Best market. Stout defense. Owner who spends. GM who picks winners... sometimes. Nice young talent at wide out and tailback. Solid line foundation. A once highly touted pick at QB. Options to pick up a fancy new toy at QB (we should be praying for A-A-Ron or Lamar). Then we got a garbage safety in Ashtyn but nothing is perfect. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yes Jets fans, don't believe the hype that the Anti-Jets noise machine has going and for which many of us out here can't help but feed into!

Repeat this slowly ......

WE ARE A DESIRABLE LOCATION

Now here are some of the reasons why, enjoy...

Let's Go!!! :) 

Katz still makes a helluva pastrami sandwich. 

• Haha 3

No QB and a shambolic offensive line with a GM that has an atrocious track record of recruiting in those areas. 

A team that has been bottom 5 offensively each of the last 4 years with a coach/GM that are very likely gone if things aren't turned around next season. 

Yeah. It's not good. 

• Upvote 3

I believe we are too. Best market. Stout defense. Owner who spends. GM who picks winners... sometimes. Nice young talent at wide out and tailback. Solid line foundation. A once highly touted pick at QB. Options to pick up a fancy new toy at QB (we should be praying for A-A-Ron or Lamar). Then we got a garbage safety in Ashtyn but nothing is perfect. 
Fyi .. Lamar's knee is swollen, full of fluid and unstable ... Did you know he's a running QB ?

0ae8a23acf14757568659337650cd215.jpg

There is a reason the Ravens are in no rush to resign him.
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Fyi .. Lamar's knee is swollen, full of fluid and unstable ... Did you know he's a running QB ?

If Lamar had an agent he'd be telling him to shut the f*ck up lol. 

Better to have teams thinking you're just holding out for the money. Doubt anyone would blame him. 

• Upvote 1

If Lamar had an agent he'd be telling him to shut the f*ck up lol. 
Better to have teams thinking you're just holding out for the money. Doubt anyone would blame him. 
Totally .. it would be SO Jersey to sign him for $100m and have him on IR for the majority of his stay.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Team archer said:

If Im an OC, id wait to see who the QB is first. This place isnt desirable until then cause your risking being another LaFleur with being burdened with sh*t QB play. 

if i'm considering the job i'd want to be in on the discussions as to what qb they are looking at.  and i'd also want to evaluate zwilson objectively and not be forced into using him because the owner or gm want to.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

if i'm considering the job i'd want to be in on the discussions as to what qb they are looking at.  and i'd also want to evaluate zwilson objectively and not be forced into using him because the owner or gm want to.
Spot On.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

The Jets should hire you as a consultant. That’s what an intelligent person would want to do in this situation.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

No QB and a shambolic offensive line with a GM that has an atrocious track record of recruiting in those areas. 

A team that has been bottom 5 offensively each of the last 4 years with a coach/GM that are very likely gone if things aren't turned around next season. 

Yeah. It's not good. 

Riddle me this Batman - if the offense was a fine tuned machine, we wouldn't be making a change. The O stinking is almost a requirement for an OC candidate. If you believe that the GM is good. If you think that a good part of the problem was coaching, it is a great opportunity to excel. I believe in addition to the injuries, coaching was a significant part of the problem, therefore if the injuries are not as bad and the coaching improves the O should make significant jumps. That makes the job attractive.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

The OC doesn’t have final say as to who starts at QB for any team.  At best he’s in the conversation with the HC.  

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

Besides high taxes, cost of living, pollution, rats and a$$hole people/media; a very desirable place. 

None of that bothers you if you're a millionaire.  The 10 percenters don't worry about any of that.  :)  There might be other reasons but those listed, not so much.  

• Upvote 1

None of that bothers you if you're a millionaire.  The 10 percenters don't worry about any of that.    There might be other reasons but those listed, not so much.  
Have lived in Bergen County for 45 years .. never seen a rat.

But I have seen an abundance of assholes ... So I am torn on my verdict.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Riddle me this Batman - if the offense was a fine tuned machine, we wouldn't be making a change. The O stinking is almost a requirement for an OC candidate. If you believe that the GM is good. If you think that a good part of the problem was coaching, it is a great opportunity to excel. I believe in addition to the injuries, coaching was a significant part of the problem, therefore if the injuries are not as bad and the coaching improves the O should make significant jumps. That makes the job attractive.

The voice of reason, Ty B'majet.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Team archer said:

If Im an OC, id wait to see who the QB is first. This place isnt desirable until then cause your risking being another LaFleur with being burdened with sh*t QB play. 

NFL calendar just doesnt work that way. Coaching carousel comes first. with free agency not till March and draft in April

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Team archer said:

If I'm an OC, I would have a hand on who the Jets get at QB.

Also, LaFleur sucked, plain and simple. 

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The OC doesn’t have final say as to who starts at QB for any team.  At best he’s in the conversation with the HC.  

true but if i took the job i'd want to make sure i'm heard.  saleh has said that he consults with his coaches. maybe true, maybe not. but since saleh doesn't really know much about the offense i would hope he would listen to those that do.

7 hours ago, rangerous said:

true but if i took the job i'd want to make sure i'm heard.  saleh has said that he consults with his coaches. maybe true, maybe not. but since saleh doesn't really know much about the offense i would hope he would listen to those that do.

Usually every coach adds his thoughts but the decisions re the HCs.  
I don’t ever understand how a DC, who studies other teams offenses all day and designs plays to stop offenses doesn’t know much about offenses.  Just doesn’t make a lot of sense 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Claymation said:

If I'm an OC, I would have a hand on who the Jets get at QB.

Also, LaFleur sucked, plain and simple. 

I’m sure one of the first questions in the interview will be who the candidate would like to work with at QB.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I saw his statement but I can't help but feel this was as much of a precautionary move as anything else. Lamar is going to get paid this offseason, he's not going to RG3 himself at the end of the year.

I think the biggest negative for an OC coming here is that Saleh is probably on the hot seat, regardless of what Woody said.  If we miss the playoffs again and Saleh gets the axe, that probably means our new OC is gone as well and our new HC is bringing in his own guys.  Any OC coming here is probably going to be under the assumption that they have one season to turn things around.  That might not be what they're looking for.

But I will say, the young players we already have in place, the fact that we're willing to spend to address the QB position, and the fact that we're probably going to invest heavy draft capital into the OL - would all make me feel pretty good about taking the Jets job under normal circumstances.  

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

watching arrested development GIF

The best candidate is one that is looking for a promotion.  Wants to use a year as the Jets OC, hopefully with a degree of improvement in Zach to flip for a better position somewhere else.

Like a Judge and Patricia pairing.  
Adam Sandler Comedy GIF by Netflix Is a Joke