Despite the Lies The Jets Are A Desirable Place for an OC!!

4 hours ago, jgb said:

The best argument I have heard is that an OC could have inside track to become interim-to-permenant HC should Saleh fall next season.

Interesting to see if Saleh picks a highly touted OC who obviously would be in the HC conversation for a lot of teams.  A high quality OC who might be a HC candidate should be paid very good money.  Maybe very close to what Saleh makes.  I highly doubt Saleh is going to be on board with that.  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, pointman said:

I believe we are too. Best market. Stout defense. Owner who spends. GM who picks winners... sometimes. Nice young talent at wide out and tailback. Solid line foundation. A once highly touted pick at QB. Options to pick up a fancy new toy at QB (we should be praying for A-A-Ron or Lamar). Then we got a garbage safety in Ashtyn but nothing is perfect. 

I don't get the hype around Lamar.  He certainly isn't helping his team this week...  Running QB's are an injury waiting to happen 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Interesting to see if Saleh picks a highly touted OC who obviously would be in the HC conversation for a lot of teams.  A high quality OC who might be a HC candidate should be paid very good money.  Maybe very close to what Saleh makes.  I highly doubt Saleh is going to be on board with that.  

“A” leaders hire “A” talent. “B” leaders hire “C” talent.

Bowles pulled this trick to insulate himself against the possibility of an ignominious mid-season firing by surrounding himself with a sandbag wall of moron assistants that no one would put in charge even ad interim.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

“A” leaders hire “A” talent. “B” leaders hire “C” talent.

Bowles pulled this trick to insulate himself against the possibility of an ignominious mid-season firing by surrounding himself with a sandbag wall of moron assistants that no one would put in charge even ad interim.

In the current league a high quality OC should be on the hot list as a head coach.  That means low HC money.  Saleh is in the lower to mid tier of HC pay.  I agree with your sentiment but I'm suspect that we bring in an OC in the 3 to 5 million per year range.  This smells like retread with not prospects to take the next step. 

• Upvote 2

I am not sure that Saleh is going to have a lot of clout when it comes to the OC hire. He may be on the inside of the search; but I think JD will have the final say, or at least he should given the current state of the offense.

Jets' OC position will be one of the hottest. This offense went 6-3 last season with a young QB throwing for 100 yards a game. '

Give the new OC a healthy offense and a decent QB and he'll be 8-1 and the talk of the NFL w/o lifting a finger. OK, maybe 8-1 in the second half with Breece Hall fully healthy.

But you get the point. Jets have a beautiful facility, a GM who works hand in hand with his coaching staff getting them the players they ask for, and a ton of great, top 10 talent on both sides of the ball. And having a top 5 Defense that holds teams to under 20 points per game is a great thing to have also....there won't be tons of pressure on the Offense to score 30+ per game just to have a chance.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, FootballLove said:

Jets' OC position will be one of the hottest. This offense went 6-3 last season with a young QB throwing for 100 yards a game. '

Give the new OC a healthy offense and a decent QB and he'll be 8-1 and the talk of the NFL w/o lifting a finger. OK, maybe 8-1 in the second half with Breece Hall fully healthy.

But you get the point. Jets have a beautiful facility, a GM who works hand in hand with his coaching staff getting them the players they ask for, and a ton of great, top 10 talent on both sides of the ball. And having a top 5 Defense that holds teams to under 20 points per game is a great thing to have also....there won't be tons of pressure on the Offense to score 30+ per game just to have a chance.

Won’t be hard to better what MLF did in his two seasons.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Katz still makes a helluva pastrami sandwich. 

Between the deli and the pizza, that should help us lure a Long Island kid like Frank Reich back home.  If I got a job offer back in NY that included pizza and pastrami that could be enough to get me out of the midwest.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Really good question.  How comfortable would Saleh be hiring an alpha dog as OC?  

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Usually ever coach adds his thoughts but the decisions re the HCs.  
I don’t ever understand how a DC, who studies other teams offenses all day and designs plays to stop offenses doesn’t know much about offenses.  Just doesn’t make a lot of sense 

agree on saleh.  parcells knew all about offenses.  i'll bet the bellichicken and guys like mcdermott do too.  and i'll bet guys like walsh or reid or tomlin know all about defenses.

• Upvote 1

It’s relative to the other openings and how a candidate and his agent view his “window” 

the cheaters job just came open. Titans job is open. 3 interim head coaches have to get sorted out. 

The uncertainty of Zach is huge. If I get the sense that JD is favoring him during the interview over a true competition with a legitimate veteran I’m walking out the door lol. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

I don't get the hype around Lamar.  He certainly isn't helping his team this week...  Running QB's are an injury waiting to happen 

The "Running" aspect being a cause for greater injury or being more frequently injured is not supported by data. "Pocket" passers get injured at a grater rate (ie more injuries per play). 

I think there's reasons for this perception, but the studies conducted don't back it up at this time. 

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

In the current league a high quality OC should be on the hot list as a head coach.  That means low HC money.  Saleh is in the lower to mid tier of HC pay.  I agree with your sentiment but I'm suspect that we bring in an OC in the 3 to 5 million per year range.  This smells like retread with not prospects to take the next step. 

This post got me thinking and researching.  Do you know the ONE AND ONLY HC above .500 for the entire history of the franchise?  Pathetic!

Bill Parcells 1997-1999.  Holy freaking crap!   

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

The "Running" aspect being a cause for greater injury or being more frequently injured is not supported by data. "Pocket" passers get injured at a grater rate (ie more injuries per play). 

I think there's reasons for this perception, but the studies conducted don't back it up at this time. 

The data tells me he isn’t playing this weekend when his team has a playoff game. ?‍♂️

11 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Fyi .. Lamar's knee is swollen, full of fluid and unstable ... Did you know he's a running QB ?

0ae8a23acf14757568659337650cd215.jpg

There is a reason the Ravens are in no rush to resign him.

As one or two of my posting constituents have pointed out, what is a running quarterback? Also, I are not worried. Fluid is normal. Drain that b.

7 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

You should try watching some NFL football. Or, google "LAMAR JACKSON STATS". Then when you are done, google "mike white sucks stats" then "NY JETS LOL QB play".

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

This post got me thinking and researching.  Do you know the ONE AND ONLY HC above .500 for the entire history of the franchise?  Pathetic!

Bill Parcells 1997-1999.  Holy freaking crap!   

Yeah , but the only reason is he bailed when the bills came due, otherwise he'd have a losing record like the rest. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I think about some of the other teams looking for an OC. What team would you prefer, if you were a candidate? The Texans who are terrible and fire their entire coaching staff every 10 months? LOL. Broncos with Rusell Wilson playing even worse than Zack Wilson? Another LOL.

If you're an OC candidate and you're looking at the teams who are looking for a top OC, the NY Jets HAVE to be (by far) the best team to get hired by.

Here's the teams as far as I know:

NY Jets (HC Bobby Saleh stays, just looking for a new OC)

Carolina Panthers (again)

Texans (again)

Arizona Cardinals (with a recently PAID QB in Kyler Murray that you will have to work with for the next 4 years, sink or swim)

Colts with Jeff Saturday (this one might not be too terrible, just kinda terrible)

Again, if I were a top OC in demand, the Jets would by far be the best gig.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, FootballLove said:

I think about some of the other teams looking for an OC. What team would you prefer, if you were a candidate? The Texans who are terrible and fire their entire coaching staff every 10 months? LOL. Broncos with Rusell Wilson playing even worse than Zack Wilson? Another LOL.

If you're an OC candidate and you're looking at the teams who are looking for a top OC, the NY Jets HAVE to be (by far) the best team to get hired by.

Here's the teams as far as I know:

NY Jets (HC Bobby Saleh stays, just looking for a new OC)

Carolina Panthers (again)

Texans (again)

Arizona Cardinals (with a recently PAID QB in Kyler Murray that you will have to work with for the next 4 years, sink or swim)

Colts with Jeff Saturday (this one might not be too terrible, just kinda terrible)

Again, if I were a top OC in demand, the Jets would by far be the best gig.

image.gif

And….

• Upvote 1