Colts Not Interested In Carr

THE BARON

12 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

He did very well with Olson and the Jets also need a good OC.  If you could pair them up, the Jets would instantly go from inept on offense to productive.  

Carr's problem this season was Josh McDaniel. 

No, Josh McDaniels problem this year was derrick carr.  The dude sucks.

• Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 4
  • Haha 2

The Colts pick 4th.  The Bears pick 1st and they have Justin Fields.  There will be a QB for the Colts available who will cost 25% of what Carr costs.  The Colts have not done great with the retread QBs.  Irsay is not a big spender.  I am sure that is the Colts' plan.  

As a general matter we will look at the draft rankings and predictions, but the QBs will basically gradually rise up the board.  They are valuable and worth taking chances on.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Jimmy Gorgeous can't stay on the field though.

Agree.  For the money and skill level, Jimmy G would be the better choice, but no player is a good player if they are not on the field doing their job.  I really like Jimmy G but he never makes it through a full season.  I'd expect that trend to hold up.  Carr will cost more, but he'll be on the field.  He is a very nice passer and I think he'll do well with a system and OC that helps his comfort level.  The Jets lost a pile of games by just a few points in games where their offense could not produce anything.  All due to the awful QB play.  With Carr, they wont have a Joe Borrow or Josh Allen, but they will have sufficient offensive production to win games considering the quality of their defense. 

If they do go with Jimmy G, Mike White better be practicing as if he is the starter. 

I know I will get flamed for this, but I would also be very happy to go with Carr or Jimmy and also draft a QB.  Say, perhaps... Tanner McKee or Herndon Hooker in the later rounds. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Carr is very capable.  Especially if pair with an OC that works to his strenghts.

Consider the alternatives.

ZW: Awful

Jimmy G. Cant stay on the field

Rodgers has some personality issues and appears to be washed up.

Mike White.  Not only is he a back-up at best, but also injury issues.

So... Suggest a better alternative to Carr

This is the third time you’ve mentioned Olson in this thread. You didn’t know his name a week ago.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The Colts pick 4th.  The Bears pick 1st and they have Justin Fields.  There will be a QB for the Colts available who will cost 25% of what Carr costs.  The Colts have not done great with the retread QBs.  Irsay is not a big spender.  I am sure that is the Colts' plan.  

As a general matter we will look at the draft rankings and predictions, but the QBs will basically gradually rise up the board.  They are valuable and worth taking chances on.  

pretty sure at least from early indications the colts will go all in to try to get CJ stroud in the draft.  

I see the Bears flipping Fields to the Ravens and the Ravens trading Jackson.  I am not thrilled with Lamar but compared to Carr its like winning the Powerball.
Disagree .. Lamar will RG 3 out and Carr is the better bet.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

He’s a can

not worth the money

Jimmy Handsome or bust

So Carr is not worth it but the always injured Jimmy G is? Even after seeing Brock frickin Purdy look better than Carr with the same weapons? I mean Brock Purdy. He's a better option than Lamar for sure but that doesn't mean we should sign him.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Carr is awful.  Smart by the Colts.

Awful? Really? Objectively harsh no? Overpaid, too old, overrated, bad in cold weather, throws too many INTs, hasn't won playoff games. Ok, you can make those arguments. But 'awful'. No. Simply incorrect.

You know who's awful? Zach. Zach is awful. That is an objectively fair statement. Right now Zach is an 'awful' starting QB. Easily one of the worst in the NFL. And he is the only one we currently have under contract. Him and the Strev. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I see the Bears flipping Fields to the Ravens and the Ravens trading Jackson.  I am not thrilled with Lamar but compared to Carr its like winning the Powerball.

How much will Lamar Jackson will cost the Jets compared to Carr? Then factor in Lamar Jackson's style of play. Yeah, I'll roll with Carr and hoping he's good enough to win a Super Bowl à la Joe Flacco and Nick Foles. With Carr instead of Jackson the Jets keep all their first-round draft picks going forward instead of watching the Ravens use them. Another thing, Joe W. Namath, the Ravens are a smart franchise...Would you agree to that? Ravens would be making a good decision to not blow their wad on Lamar Jackson knowing his shelf life. Whichever team trades for Lamar Jackson gives up multiple 1st rd picks, and gives him a huge contract, and they'll likely be eating a lot of dead cap space when the window closes on his career - and it's no sure thing a team will win a Super Bowl with Lamar Jackson, who has 1 win in the playoffs. He's 1-3 in the playoffs with the Ravens. He's lost to the Philip Rivers led Chargers in '18, lost to the King Henry Titans in '19, and got humiliated by the Bills in '20. 

Let's look at Jackson's stats in the playoffs.

Year Age Tm G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate
Care Care   4 1-3 76 136 55.9 900 3 5 68.3
2018 21 BAL 1 0-1 14 29 48.3 194 2 1 78.8
2019*+ 22 BAL 1 0-1 31 59 52.5 365 1 2 63.2
2020 23 BAL 2 1-1 31 48 64.6 341 0 2 68.1

Year Age Tm G Rush Yds TD Fmb
Care Care   4 54 367 1 5
2018 21 BAL 1 9 54 0 3
2019*+ 22 BAL 1 20 143 0 1
2020 23 BAL 2 25 170 1 1

I'll pass on that. Heck I would even trade for Justin Fields over Lamar Jackson. 

19 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

There are still plenty of teams that could be heavy competition for Carr.

Titans, Bucs, Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Commanders, possibly Dolphins.

Of course. 

I will say Titans? They have Tannenhill and drafted Malik. I don't see them investing big money in Carr. Maybe. I just don't see it. They would need to cut/trade Tannenhill and keep Malik benched for at least another two years? 

Dolphins? Don't see it either. Unless Tua retires. And I don't think he will. Otherwise, nobody is trading for Tua and if Tua is still a Dolphin, HE will be their starting QB.   

The rest, yes, I could see them making a move. But Falcons and Panthers will also have a shot at drafting a QB (top 10), which might make more sense for them as a franchise than bringing in a high priced vet. 

Saints don't have a draft pick in Rd. 1 but I think its also fair to say they are not quite a 'Carr' away from competing. So again, not sure how much it makes sense for them. Maybe.     

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

the guy with the most game winning drives since he came into the league is awful. who knew!?

I want Carr, but I think it's fair to say good QBs don't generally HAVE to come from behind but it's a good trait to have none the less. I'd bet his poor defenses and near perfect health has played a factor in him leading this category.

• Upvote 2