Colts Not Interested In Carr

THE BARON

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I want Carr, but I think it's fair to say good QBs don't generally HAVE to come from behind but it's a good trait to have none the less. I'd bet his poor defenses and near perfect health has played a factor in him leading this category.

agree - I point it out as a counter to the losing record people bring up without mentioning the defense. It's not that he's a loser giving games away - clearly he's making plays at the end of games to win them. That to me is a strong indication of a guy who can win games for you if the defense and special teams can uphold their part of the bargain.

For some reason there are a lot of people who hate the idea of Carr. I believe a lot of it has to do with the losing record with the Raiders. If he played a big part in why they were losing so much I could see that argument but it's not the one people are making.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

the guy with the most game winning drives since he came into the league is awful. who knew!?

His defenses have been really bad. That gives him more of those types of opportunities than most. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

And he has come through a lot of the time. Is this supposed to be a knock on him?

That was probably a deadpan post. 

That terrible defense thing cuts both ways, though. It puts him in a lot of those playing from behind situations where he has to throw the football. It’s cool that he’s been successful with these comebacks, but he also probably has a lot of garbage time yards padding his stats, too. And a relatively low number of TDs to go with those yards. So yeah, still not a big fan, lol. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, THE BARON said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-one-qb-needy-team-not-interested-in-derek-carr-trade/ar-AA16hA8l?cvid=f33e0f1ea68a49e084da79719cf93a2f

"The Indianapolis Colts will not be trading for Carr, according to Zak Keefer of The Athletic.

That is not much of a surprise. The Colts have not found a long-term solution at quarterback since Andrew Luck retired in 2018. They have cycled through three veterans — Philip Rivers, Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan — the past three years and the results have gotten progressively worse each season"

This is good for us.  Give me Carr and Greg Olson.  One less obstacle in the way.

Wasn’t this posted days ago? 

The solution for Jimmy G is pretty straight forward. 

Pay him $1.5mm or so for every game he starts, with a guaranty of $20mm.   Or something like that.  

I think the Cousins experience is pretty relevant.  From what I recall, it was only the Jets and Vikings in serious bidding for Cousins.   The Jets bid more, and lost.   If the prizes are Jimmy G and Carr, all it takes is two other teams bidding.   

Getting either of those QBs will be a long shot.  

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The solution for Jimmy G is pretty straight forward. 

Pay him $1.5mm or so for every game he starts, with a guaranty of $20mm.   Or something like that.  

I think the Cousins experience is pretty relevant.  From what I recall, it was only the Jets and Vikings in serious bidding for Cousins.   The Jets bid more, and lost.   If the prizes are Jimmy G and Carr, all it takes is two other teams bidding.   

Getting either of those QBs will be a long shot.  

paying him that way doesn't solve the problem of him not being able to complete a season. we would still have no qb

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, varjet said:

The Colts pick 4th.  The Bears pick 1st and they have Justin Fields.  There will be a QB for the Colts available who will cost 25% of what Carr costs.  The Colts have not done great with the retread QBs.  Irsay is not a big spender.  I am sure that is the Colts' plan.  

As a general matter we will look at the draft rankings and predictions, but the QBs will basically gradually rise up the board.  They are valuable and worth taking chances on.  

A QB needy team will be picking first - and I wouldn't rule out the Bears taking a QB if they fall in love with one. Fields hasn't shown he can throw in the NFL yet and he is prone to getting hurt since he looks to run all the time. I wouldn't blame them if they picked more of a pocket passer and dealt Fields. It has to at least be on the table.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

One more vote for Jimmy G over Carr. If contracts were equal, Carr would be a better choice, but $35-$40 million a year is just too much for Carr. 

Why Jimmy G if he can't stay healthy? The only reason to get him is if MLF stayed. He will not fit into the new system as well and he never plays. I'm sure Zach is hoping for Jimmy G so he'll get a lot of playing time next year. Also, Jimmy G doesn't seem like a very good teammate or player that an organization can rely on.

• Upvote 1

This really works out. Except for Brady to Bucs, Manning to Denver, and Brees to Saints - 3 times in the past how many years. Also, these were exceptions. Brady and Manning were at the end of their careers and BB wanted to prove he was the one and the Colts wanted a rebuild. Brees was injured and traded away.

Colts been through three in three years. In addition to being a long shot, there is normally a ton of cash and capital sent in exchange. These block buster trades rarely work out for the team. While it is too soon to tell about Cleveland, they gave away their next 3 years in drafts and salary cap. This clearly didn't work out for Denver this year.

Rodgers is an overpaid aging malcontent. Lamar is going to be too expensive in trade and if Baltimore doesn't want to pay him, why should we.

Colts learned their lesson, why hasn't JetsNation?

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

So Carr is not worth it but the always injured Jimmy G is? Even after seeing Brock frickin Purdy look better than Carr with the same weapons? I mean Brock Purdy. He's a better option than Lamar for sure but that doesn't mean we should sign him.

Listen none of these options are ideal

Carr will be asking for TOO MUCH MONEY for simply FAR TOO LONG

I'm convinced Derek Carr ****ed @Joe W. Namath's wife or something with the irrational hate lol. You don't put up the stats he has in his career and suck.

And McDaniels is an awful HC and has been in the past. Carr is a better QB than he is coach.

Carr is this year's Kirk Cousins basically. Glad the Colts aren't interested, one less obstacle to worry about. Carr + Olson would be a good combo for the offense.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I'm convinced Derek Carr ****ed @Joe W. Namath's wife or something with the irrational hate lol. You don't put up the stats he has in his career and suck.

And McDaniels is an awful HC and has been in the past. Carr is a better QB than he is coach.

Carr is this year's Kirk Cousins basically. Glad the Colts aren't interested, one less obstacle to worry about. Carr + Olson would be a good combo for the offense.

He did bang my wife.  And she said he stunk in bed just like he does at qb.

19 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

He’s a free agent he’s gonna have tons of options why would he do that Dan?

More of your false dilemna fallacy nonsense.  You are acting like 32 teams want to sign Carr

only a handful of teams need a starting qb.  Brady, Rodgers, Lamar Jackson are all available plus the top guys in the draft like Young and Stroud.  Plus the colts who are one of those teams isn’t pursuing Carr 

zach is done Chris.  Sorry about what happened to your reputation 

• Thumb Down 1

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I see the Bears flipping Fields to the Ravens and the Ravens trading Jackson.  I am not thrilled with Lamar but compared to Carr its like winning the Powerball.

and you will need to win the Powerball in order to meet his salary demands