Just Imagine Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, and Denzel Mims

SoFlaJets

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Part of being targeted is getting open and not dogging routes. He wasn’t good this year. 

never said he was good this year but people saying he's awful are way out of line.  the dude was obviously in the dog house - we're using him calling out the OC (that just was fired) as a bad thing.  that OC then didn't play him and significantly decreased his snap count.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, heymangold said:

never said he was good this year but people saying he's awful are way out of line.  the dude was obviously in the dog house - we're using him calling out the OC (that just was fired) as a bad thing.  that OC then didn't play him and significantly decreased his snap count.

I hate it when an OC conjures up a plan to sit good players at a position of need, just so he can get fired.

It’s the worst.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

There’s nothing special about Moore or Mims

With a decent QB, they would be perfectly acceptable 2ndary options when Wilson isn't open. Everyone wanted to kill Moore, but his frustration was totally justified. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Agree that he’s not awful, but I do think we overrated him after his rookie year 

• Upvote 1

Just now, undertow said:

I agree with this people were comparing him to Antonio Brown I think it's more likely he's Jamison Crowder.

Right. And even that remains to be seen. 

I think it’s pretty telling that Garrett Wilson was able to have the best rookie season in Jets WR history and Moore couldn’t even duplicate his production from a season ago despite playing in more games. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I know it’s fun to blame everything on LaFleur, but it isn’t his fault Moore is a jag. 

That is funny. He didn't look like a JAG as a rookie, neither Mims, admittedly both small sample sizes but when I look at the collegiate careers and rookie seasons, I find it hard to believe they both forgot how to play.  The one thing they have in common is LaFleur.  Mims actually looked decent under Gase.  BTW no one is calling these guys star players but both of them are capable of doing a lot more than they were given the opportunity to do this year.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

That is funny. He didn't look like a JAG as a rookie, neither Mims, admittedly both small sample sizes but when I look at the collegiate careers and rookie seasons, I find it hard to believe they both forgot how to play.  The one thing they have in common is LaFleur.  Mims actually looked decent under Gase.  BTW no one is calling these guys star players but both of them are capable of doing a lot more than they were given the opportunity to do this year.  

For a WR, targets = stats = ???

considering how the WR market exploded last offseason, all WRs has visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads 

when he stooped getting targets he demanded a trade and got talked into staying, hated it and went right into the tank. 

he’s easily one of my least favorite players on this team. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

So you’re going with the “play Zach he’s actually good, it’s LaFleur who stinks” defense?

That’s a bold strategy, Cotton.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Right. And even that remains to be seen. 

I think it’s pretty telling that Garrett Wilson was able to have the best rookie season in Jets WR history and Moore couldn’t even duplicate his production from a season ago despite playing in more games. 

I don't think Moore can play on the outside like people were expecting he's more of a slot guy which will make him a disppointment at his draft position but I still think he will be a good player....the problem going forward might be his attitude and ego he thinks he's Justin Jefferson. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I hate it when an OC conjures up a plan to sit good players at a position of need, just so he can get fired.

It’s the worst.

i guess that's why MiLF got fired eh?  playing Berrios over Moore/Mims, sh!t even Jeff Smith.  playing carter and knight exclusively when they showed nothing instead of even dressing robinson or giving ty johnson snaps?  trotting zach wilson out there when he's been insanely ineffective.  but yeah - the problem was moore.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

On Edit: Why can't we post the YouTube videos on JN anymore? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong.  We can still embed videos on the site.  The NFL has some protection on their videos that prevent them from being embedded on JN or siimilar sites.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

shockingly, 2 of crowder's worst years of his career were as a member of the jets.

seems like there's a OC problem here.

I was always a Crowder fan so that wasn't a insult....never understood why people were always obsessed with trading him for a 5th round pick. lol

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So you’re going with the “play Zach he’s actually good, it’s LaFleur who stinks” defense?

That’s a bold strategy, Cotton.

I have no idea what you are talking about.  I use my eyes and I know both Mims and Moore have shown they can contribute when targeted.  Mike White even started building a little chemistry with Mims before he got hurt and Mims had the concussion.   If you really think both of these receivers somehow forgot to play or get open, well that is on you.  My argument has nothing to do with Zach.  

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.  I use my eyes and I know both Mims and Moore have shown they can contribute when targeted.  Mike White even started building a little chemistry with Mims before he got hurt and Mims had the concussion.   If you really think both of these receivers somehow forgot to play or get open, well that is on you.  My argument has nothing to do with Zach.  

Your argument is based on nothing but your hopes and dreams. You want to keep believing Mims doesn’t stink, and Moore is a jag?
Go ahead, be my guest. Knock yourself out.

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Your argument is based on nothing but your hopes and dreams. You want to keep believing Mims doesn’t stink, and Moore is a jag?Go ahead, be my guest. Knock yourself out.

And you have choose to ignore the fact they were not even utilized at all this year for the most part.  I mean Berrios was getting more looks than Moore.  Do you seriously believe Berrios was a better option then Elijah Moore???  Or was his best position playing outside and asking him to out jump defenders on 50-50 balls or maybe in the slot or put in motion, where his quickness gives him the advantage? 

Likewise you have a 6'3 leaper with long arms and you don't ONCE TRY AND THROW A PASS TO HIM IN THE END ZONE... NOT. ONCE. ALL. YEAR.   Any "JAG" with a decent OC would have had better production in fact many across the league did.   Also many teams played with back up quarterbacks so I am tired of that excuse.  

Since barring a trade, it is likely that both will be back with a new OC and new Quarterback, We will see who is right.   You seem to be invested on them sucking for some reason which I will never understand about some fans.... 

20 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

And you have choose to ignore the fact they were not even utilized at all this year for the most part.  I mean Berrios was getting more looks than Moore.  Do you seriously believe Berrios was a better option then Elijah Moore???  Or was his best position playing outside and asking him to out jump defenders on 50-50 balls or maybe in the slot or put in motion, where his quickness gives him the advantage? 

Likewise you have a 6'3 leaper with long arms and you don't ONCE TRY AND THROW A PASS TO HIM IN THE END ZONE... NOT. ONCE. ALL. YEAR.   Any "JAG" with a decent OC would have had better production in fact many across the league did.   Also many teams played with back up quarterbacks so I am tired of that excuse.  

Since barring a trade, it is likely that both will be back with a new OC and new Quarterback, We will see who is right.   You seem to be invested on them sucking for some reason which I will never understand about some fans.... 

I never once said Moore sucked, I said he is a jag, but there you go with your feelings again.
Now you’re condemning Jets fans for having the nerve to have a differing opinion than yours. ”I said they’re good…  why won’t you guys believe me? I’ll never understand some Jets fans!”

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

With a decent QB, they would be perfectly acceptable 2ndary options when Wilson isn't open. Everyone wanted to kill Moore, but his frustration was totally justified. 

Moore’s biggest problem is that Zach Wilson couldn’t throw passes anywhere, but particularly to the left side of the field. Of his 241 attempts, only 42 non-screens were thrown to the left.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He’s due to make $30+ mill, and they want Brady. He’s getting cut because he has a bad contract and his coach needs specific types of players to run his system… just like MLF.

I mean.... he's the 9th highest paid QB - making less than a million more than Jared Goff. And 9th highest doesn't include: 

Murray

Herbert

Burrow

Lawrence 

Tua

Who are all on rookie deals. 

He also doesn't have INSANE future guaranteed dollars like Rodgers, Wilson, and Stafford. Unfortunately 30mm is just the going rate for a QB these days. When you ignore rookie deals and take in consideration future spending - he has a below average contract for the position. Plus w/ no future guaranteed money after 2023 a restructure would be relatively easy. 

I dunno - I think we're just not used to paying QBs b/c we never have one worth paying... as far as contracts though you could do a lot worse... 

I'm good w/ Carr - just won't be good if we have to give up meaningful draft capital unless its contingent on a restructure. 

• Upvote 1