Just Imagine Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, and Denzel Mims

SoFlaJets

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Why exactly do we think Moore (and especially) Mims are good?

sh*t qb play from Zach makes anyone look less skilled than actually

mims has struggled 

moore looked good last year when zach was out and started to show up again when zach got benched. Think he’s going to be fine and a pleasant surprise considering he was open a lot and the ball didn’t make its way to him. 

decent qb will be able to utilize him and we’ll learn what his value actually is

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

?????
I think fans of other teams can look up stats also.

Anyone can look up a stat.

But it helps someone if you get all the information before making ill-advised statements.

BTW......What Stark said below: 

sh*t qb play from Zach makes anyone look less skilled than actually.

Mims has struggled 

Moore looked good last year when zach was out and started to show up again when zach got benched. Think he’s going to be fine and a pleasant surprise considering he was open a lot and the ball didn’t make its way to him. 
Decent qb will be able to utilize him and we’ll learn what his value actually is.

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I never once said Moore sucked, I said he is a jag, but there you go with your feelings again.
Now you’re condemning Jets fans for having the nerve to have a differing opinion than yours. ”I said they’re good…  why won’t you guys believe me? I’ll never understand some Jets fans!”

What feelings lol? I just said we will find out soon enough.  How is that feelings?  I don't care what you believe, come on man it is not that serious. 

12 hours ago, Stark said:

sh*t qb play from Zach makes anyone look less skilled than actually

mims has struggled 

moore looked good last year when zach was out and started to show up again when zach got benched. Think he’s going to be fine and a pleasant surprise considering he was open a lot and the ball didn’t make its way to him. 

decent qb will be able to utilize him and we’ll learn what his value actually is

yea, not buying the argument. 

Garrett Wilson just had the best rookie season from a WR in Jets history with the same set of QBs Moore played with. Moore was overrated by Jets fans after his rookie year. To date, he’s had one monster game in his career - the first Dolphins game of his rookie season with Flacco throwing him the ball. He had a disappointing sophomore campaign on the field and that’s not even getting into the diva sh*t off the field.  

I think you guys are overrating him. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Go to 2:02

Love it. 

The bomb against Miami ptwtg? That is a great job by the receiver on that play too, he sncreened the defender out so that only he would have a chance to catch the ball. We hadn't seen a play call like that from LeFluer since I don't know when

21 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

There’s a reason he’s getting cut 

not to mention he’s 33

pass.

I'm serious with this question: when did you start watching football? Are you related to Zach Wilson in some way? His mother maybe? Because anybody who has been watching NFL football for the past 55 years would know that 33 years old does NOT make an old used up player especially at that position.

• WTF? 1

20 hours ago, JetBlue said:

That is funny. He didn't look like a JAG as a rookie, neither Mims, admittedly both small sample sizes but when I look at the collegiate careers and rookie seasons, I find it hard to believe they both forgot how to play.  The one thing they have in common is LaFleur.  Mims actually looked decent under Gase.  BTW no one is calling these guys star players but both of them are capable of doing a lot more than they were given the opportunity to do this year.  

Exactly right JB, go over and watch Joe Flacco's highlights from 2020, there are a lot of big plays and good catches from Denzel Mims. This is a guy who I believe still has a lot of potential, especially with a QB with some balls who is not afraid to air it out 2-3-4 times a game. Mims has a 16 yard per catch ratio through 3 seasons. Not to mention the young WRs who. should be coming on board to replace Berrios and Corey Davis

• Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, jetsons said:

I'd prefer Rodgers. 

Aaron Rodgers playing in the Metropolitan Area? Very doubtful he'd be totally distracted by the "Fake News" media here, plus the guys is maybe a 1 year roll of the dice, with a QB from Green Bay about to retire, now where have I heard THAT scenario before?

At least with a Derek Carr we'd be looking at a QB with another good 5 years or more left-and who knows, all of you who are still in love with the boy with the dimples' and the cute smile,  maybe by then he may even have figured out how to play QB in the NFL.https://youtu.be/9_fsHPE4WXs

22 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I know it’s fun to blame everything on LaFleur, but it isn’t his fault Moore is a jag. 

You think after talking about the QB being an all time bust who flat out sucked, an OC sucking having no clue how to call a game, etc that it would pop into you head to read stats with a grain of salt.

Nah

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You think after talking about the QB being an all time bust who flat out sucked, an OC sucking having no clue how to call a game, etc that it would pop into you head to read stats with a grain of salt.

Nah

I don’t have any issue LaFleur, in fact I’d have brought him back next year in hope he develops over time, just like Moore, Mims and Zach.

Now go play outside and leave me alone, nut…

22 hours ago, Bugg said:

With a decent QB, they would be perfectly acceptable 2ndary options when Wilson isn't open. Everyone wanted to kill Moore, but his frustration was totally justified. 

I lost lots of respect for him in the all 22 breakdowns from JT.  JT didn’t even point it out sometimes but he looked lost.  

Bad coaching across the board though, so hopefully he has a bounce back year and becomes the guy he teased being his rookie season. 

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean you go into goofy meme mode?  
Cute.

Given the choice between that, or the agita which comes from a back and forth with you? Yes.

*** Normally I’d leave a wink or laughing emoji after that comment to denote I’m joking, but when I asked @The Crusher two days ago to help me get my emogis working again, he told me he’d look into it once he finished dinner. I’m hoping that will happen by Monday, maybe Tuesday at the latest.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Given the choice between that, or the agita which comes from a back and forth with you? Yes.

*** Normally I’d leave a wink or laughing emoji after that comment to denote I’m joking, but when I asked @The Crusher two days ago to help me get my emogis working again, he told me he’d look into it once he finished dinner. I’m hoping that will happen by Monday, maybe Tuesday at the latest.

Then don’t go back and forth.  No one forced you.  I gave my worthless 2 cents and you decided to go back and forth, that’s not on me

53 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Sorry! Still no idea. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

I'm serious with this question: when did you start watching football? Are you related to Zach Wilson in some way? His mother maybe? Because anybody who has been watching NFL football for the past 55 years would know that 33 years old does NOT make an old used up player especially at that position.

Only elite QBs  perform at a high level and stay healthy in their mid 30s

PASS

On 1/13/2023 at 11:19 AM, JetBlue said:

That is nothing terrible about them either.  You put them on another team with an OC with a brain and a decent QB and they will be productive players.  Only the genius MLF decided to use them as decoys, if he used them at all. 

There’s something to be said about both of them not running their routes very well. From what I understand, milfy wanted crisp precision route running hence the knock on Mims that he didn’t know his position. But I’d also look at this about how the requirements for the routes were being conveyed to the players.  Could be Mims and Moore got tired of putting up with milfy.

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, rangerous said:

There’s something to be said about both of them not running their routes very well. From what I understand, milfy wanted crisp precision route running hence the knock on Mims that he didn’t know his position. But I’d also look at this about how the requirements for the routes were being conveyed to the players.  Could be Mims and Moore got tired of putting up with milfy.

Yeah the seemed to be able to get open and catch passes in other offensive systems.  I think MLF was way to rigid, especially for a first time Coordinator.  He should have been smart of enough to utilize the talents of his players while having the receivers coach continue to work with them to improve their route running.  It is not mutually exclusive. 

On 1/13/2023 at 10:47 AM, SoFlaJets said:

having throws like this tossed their way https://youtu.be/zJpIobiHpr4  

On Edit: Why can't we post the YouTube videos on JN anymore? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

On a reasonable short-term contract maybe.  But he's going to want elite starter money on a long-term deal with a lot of guaranteed money.  And he's so great that the Raiders, who don't have an obvious replacement, are happy to move on from him.  

On 1/14/2023 at 9:24 AM, SoFlaJets said:

Exactly right JB, go over and watch Joe Flacco's highlights from 2020, there are a lot of big plays and good catches from Denzel Mims. This is a guy who I believe still has a lot of potential, especially with a QB with some balls who is not afraid to air it out 2-3-4 times a game. Mims has a 16 yard per catch ratio through 3 seasons. Not to mention the young WRs who. should be coming on board to replace Berrios and Corey Davis

Absolutely SoFlaJets, and there was a game in 2020 that if I remember correctly Mims drew three pass interference penalties in one game!   Yet, they rarely sent him deep for 50-50 catch opportunities.  Yet our opponents did this to us every week.... 

I fully expect Mims to be back and with the right OC and Quarterback, he can be a contributing member of the offense.  He is already the best blocking receiver on the team which will be important with the return of Breece Hall. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2023 at 11:34 PM, slimjasi said:

yea, not buying the argument. 

Garrett Wilson just had the best rookie season from a WR in Jets history with the same set of QBs Moore played with. Moore was overrated by Jets fans after his rookie year. To date, he’s had one monster game in his career - the first Dolphins game of his rookie season with Flacco throwing him the ball. He had a disappointing sophomore campaign on the field and that’s not even getting into the diva sh*t off the field.  

I think you guys are overrating him. 

I agree.  I think WR2 is a big hole on this team.  Eli Moore hasn't proven he's the guy and he's also a malcontent.  Mims kind of stinks, Corey Davis will likely be cut and Berrios has reverted toward below average (and wasn't even good on ST).  GW is outstanding and Eli Moore has some potential but, other than that, we really have almost nothing at the position.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Absolutely SoFlaJets, and there was a game in 2020 that if I remember correctly Mims drew three pass interference penalties in one game!   Yet, they rarely sent him deep for 50-50 catch opportunities.  Yet our opponents did this to us every week.... 

I fully expect Mims to be back and with the right OC and Quarterback, he can be a contributing member of the offense.  He is already the best blocking receiver on the team which will be important with the return of Breece Hall. 

Agreed that Mims is a good blocker but he's not a good receiver.   He's been disappointing overall.

On 1/13/2023 at 12:10 PM, Beerfish said:

He is not terrible but his current level of play is 'jag' easily replaced.  Now not all of this is his fault but he needs to come into next year with a great attitude and produce right off the bat.

Elijah Moore was right about everything 

The Jets are garbage as long as Zach is on the roster. Moore knew it, mims knew it and Garrett Wilson isn't far behind

People are blaming MLF like the OC is telling the qb to skip screen passes off the turf 

And spoiler alert Derek Carr isn't going to save the franchise either