Lamar Jackson talk is completely triggering me

JohnnyLV

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

People talking about getting Lamar Jackson makes me truly angry and physically ill.

There is no possible worse scenario than trading and signing for Lamar Jackson.

What in the hell are people thinking? He makes no sense for the Jets on literally any level. He is the worst possible option

1. He should be disqualified on durability alone. The guy has finished 10 of the last 21 games for Balt. He has ended the last 2 seasons missing 5 plus games. His play style is the most unsustainable of any QB in the NFL. History shows that he WILL completely fall off a cliff and that likely has already happened. Just look at Cam (who was a much better pocket passer) he won an MVP and that fell off the face of the other. He kept getting trotted out there but all the hits add up and he was completely ineffective but people kept expecting him to magically become healthy again. Look at RG3. Even Russell Wilson's issues are related to him just being diminished from all the wear and tear and he was among the best ever at avoiding contact. Lamar does not.

2. Even when he is healthy, the wear and tear builds up in Lamar and he gets less and less effective as the season goes on 

3. He is not a pocket passer throwing mostly to the TE and we do not have Mark Andrews

4. He requires a completely unique offense just for him.  We don't have the coaching or players to support him

5. He will cost AT LEAST 2 first round picks. The Jets cannot afford to give up that draft capital

6. He will cost like $30-40 million against the cap, and the Jets really do not have it without cutting a bunch of players, possibly not re-signing players like Q and Huff 

7. It would trash any possibility of rebuilding the OL

8. Here is maybe the biggest reason. His own team, that has the coach, the coordinator, the players to best support him clearly do not want to sign him long term. So why in the hell would we consider signing him?

To be honest, the only way to handle Lamar is on 1 year contracts because you simply cannot throw away the entire teams future on a possibility that he will somehow stay healthy and regain his form which history has show to not be true at all.

FFS

didn't he turn down 130MM guaranteed by the ravens?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I get what you are saying but put yourself in Douglas' shoes

- You need to win immediately

- You won't have the opportunity to spend your draft picks of you don't get the QB so who cares. Same can be said for cap space.

Douglas will go big game hunting if he strikes out in FA

Carr is a better option if you have to go down that road and he will likely be released.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Carr is a better option if you have to go down that road and he will likely be released.

Oo 100%. There will be an order of events prior to any Lamar trade happening. Where Carr decides he wants to play will be decided in February. Lamar may not come til after FA IMO

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Oo 100%. There will be an order of events prior to any Lamar trade happening. Where Carr decides he wants to play will be decided in February. Lamar may not come til after FA IMO

First try for Carr. Then try for Lamar. Then try for Rodgers. Then see whats up with Jimmy G. If still nothing...pray. 

• Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

People talking about getting Lamar Jackson makes me truly angry and physically ill.

There is no possible worse scenario than trading and signing for Lamar Jackson.

What in the hell are people thinking? He makes no sense for the Jets on literally any level. He is the worst possible option

1. He should be disqualified on durability alone. The guy has finished 10 of the last 21 games for Balt. He has ended the last 2 seasons missing 5 plus games. His play style is the most unsustainable of any QB in the NFL. History shows that he WILL completely fall off a cliff and that likely has already happened. Just look at Cam (who was a much better pocket passer) he won an MVP and that fell off the face of the other. He kept getting trotted out there but all the hits add up and he was completely ineffective but people kept expecting him to magically become healthy again. Look at RG3. Even Russell Wilson's issues are related to him just being diminished from all the wear and tear and he was among the best ever at avoiding contact. Lamar does not.

2. Even when he is healthy, the wear and tear builds up in Lamar and he gets less and less effective as the season goes on 

3. He is not a pocket passer throwing mostly to the TE and we do not have Mark Andrews

4. He requires a completely unique offense just for him.  We don't have the coaching or players to support him

5. He will cost AT LEAST 2 first round picks. The Jets cannot afford to give up that draft capital

6. He will cost like $30-40 million against the cap, and the Jets really do not have it without cutting a bunch of players, possibly not re-signing players like Q and Huff 

7. It would trash any possibility of rebuilding the OL

8. Here is maybe the biggest reason. His own team, that has the coach, the coordinator, the players to best support him clearly do not want to sign him long term. So why in the hell would we consider signing him?

To be honest, the only way to handle Lamar is on 1 year contracts because you simply cannot throw away the entire teams future on a possibility that he will somehow stay healthy and regain his form which history has show to not be true at all.

FFS

I agree with 1-8... but I wouldn't even sign him for a year... An oft injured inaccurate scat back who plays the QB position... that would just be more regression. 

• Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Lamar Jackson 1-3 in the playoffs with 3 TD's and 5 INT's and 5 FUMBLES.

LeT's GiVe Up ThE FaRm FoR ThaT.

Question…. If the Lamar Jackson situation was the same as Derek Carr, where he’d be getting cut in February, would you still be against signing him?

I don’t want to give up the draft capital and still have to pay the contract, but if he were a FA I’d be all in. In fact I’d prefer him ove Carr.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

He gets hurt one season and now he's not durable

Learn the game, watch how he runs the football, he runs it like a RB not a QB, thats why he can absorb hits and play a long time. 

Your point is exactly why we shouldn't touch him. RB's on 2nd contract always fade, their bodies can't take the work for too long. So you get to trade a ton of draft capital, and pay huge QB $$ for him, and get 2nd contract RB expectations, hard pass. IF he is a FA, and its only about money, maybe, but having to trade 3-4 premium picks and pay him enormous money???

• Upvote 2

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Question…. If the Lamar Jackson situation was the same as Derek Carr, where he’d be getting cut in February, would you still be against signing him?

I don’t want to give up the draft capital and still have to pay the contract, but if he were a FA I’d be all in. (On both)

Yeah I'd take Lamar Jackson for the Derek Carr price. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

He gets hurt one season and now he's not durable

Learn the game, watch how he runs the football, he runs it like a RB not a QB, thats why he can absorb hits and play a long time. 

Lamar hasn't played a full season since 2020 (ignoring game he missed due to covid) and his style of play makes him more vulnerable to injury. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Your point is exactly why we shouldn't touch him. RB's on 2nd contract always fade, their bodies can't take the work for too long. So you get to trade a ton of draft capital, and pay huge QB $$ for him, and get 2nd contract RB expectations, hard pass. IF he is a FA, and its only about money, maybe, but having to trade 3-4 premium picks and pay him enormous money???

Right but he's not a RB, he's a QB. So he has less carries and less mileage on him than RBs typically do at this point in their careers. You are getting a RB and a QB for the price of one. 

He would be incredible in this offense that I think is a perfect fit for a running QB with Breece Hall's speed and Garrett Wilson's downfield prowess

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, hotrodcharlie said:

Right but he's not a RB, he's a QB. So he has less carries and less mileage on him than RBs typically do at this point in their careers. You are getting a RB and a QB for the price of one. 

He would be incredible in this offense that I think is a perfect fit for a running QB with Breece Hall's speed and Garrett Wilson's downfield prowess

He has more mileage on him than many RB's who have played the same amount of years. You don't need a RB and QB in one, you need someone who can pass from the pocket and beat good defenses

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets fans really watched Flacco, Zach, Mike White and Streveler play this season and then make a post saying “we do not want Lamar Jackson”! Lmao can’t make it up

It’s insane bro

they want Jimmu G or Carr - the definition of jag QBs who fan bases hate them 

truly amazing stuff 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

He has more mileage on him than many RB's who have played the same amount of years. You don't need a RB and QB in one, you need someone who can pass from the pocket and beat good defenses

No he doesnt

He just completed his 5th season and has 727 career carries. LeVeon Bell for comparison had nearly 1,300 after year 5