Lamar Jackson talk is completely triggering me

JohnnyLV

23 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

But they're going to risk their future for a running quarterback whose best days are behind him? I guy who's hasn't done jack sh*t in the playoffs. Come on. I can get Carr for no draft picks, and just pay him. Why would I want to gut my future for a QB who's career trajectory is going to be Cam Newton, and that's no disrespect to Cam Newton because he at least got a team to the Super Bowl. Have you seen the Broncos with Russell Wilson? That's the nightmare scenario right there.

Just say no to Le'Veon Jackson. 

New twist yesterday; didn't even deign to show up for his team's playoff game. DOn't begin to understand that. 

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Correct. He's only been injured in 4 of 7 starts.

They took him out late in the Buffalo game which was over and he would have played the next week if Pretty boy did need another chance and rightfully so at the time since it was his first year and he was a number 2 overall pick. His next injury was a freak nerve injury he hit on a guys helmet and could not hold the football he was back the next week . The third time he sustained 5 broken ribs standing tough in the pocket to make a throw. NONE of these injuries were season ending and not one of them show the bullsh*t narrative of Injury Prone. If you don't like Mike White that's fine but don't make up stories to prove a point that does not exist. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

They took him out late in the Buffalo game which was over and he would have played the next week if Pretty boy did need another chance and rightfully so at the time since it was his first year and he was a number 2 overall pick. His next injury was a freak nerve injury he hit on a guys helmet and could not hold the football he was back the next week . The third time he sustained 5 broken ribs standing tough in the pocket to make a throw. NONE of these injuries were season ending and not one of them show the bullsh*t narrative of Injury Prone. If you don't like Mike White that's fine but don't make up stories to prove a point that does not exist. 

Mike White is injury prone and no responsible GM should rely on him being available to start an entire season. Maybe an ok backup.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I’m sorry I cannot take anyone serious advocating for MW to be the QB1 next year. He has 8 career TDs and 12 INTS and is always injured. 

• Upvote 1

“When you have something good,” Jackson posted on his Instagram story, “you don’t play with it. You don’t take chances losing it. You don’t neglect it. When you have something good, you pour into it. You appreciate it. Because when you take care of something good, that good thing takes care of you too." - Le'Veon Jackson

That's a hard pass from me. Look at some of the comments at Pro Football Talk. 

HurtsToReadComments says:
January 16, 2023 at 10:44 am
Easy to say from the cheap RB who won’t pay for a real agent and won’t be responsible for paying a busted player with bad knees who can’t throw from the pocket

u4iadman says:
January 16, 2023 at 10:45 am
Get an agent idiot.

tyelee says:
January 16, 2023 at 10:46 am
Wise words!
The Ravens NEED to get themselves a GOOD QB and not play around with a passing running back…

purplepridepolysemy says:
January 16, 2023 at 10:48 am
Wow. Jackson is good, but if I am the Ravens, I am asking myself is he that good that he is worth all this hassle and difficulty. Same question for Green Bay.

]
nunya says:
January 16, 2023 at 10:49 am
LJ thinks he’s smarter and a bigger deal than he really is. Good luck with that.

snowdood163 says:
Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya, running back.

xpensivewino says:
I’d rather have Brock Purdy………

george1859 says:
It’s not that good…..

gcsuk says:
January 16, 2023 at 10:50 am
Sounds like he should be saying that to himself instead.

nnagi says:
January 16, 2023 at 10:52 am
This dude is beyond a head case, there’s no way the Ravens can continue down this path with Lamar being so passive-aggressive and no meaningful way to get through to him.

imaginethat says:
January 16, 2023 at 10:54 am
Pretty sure he walked away from 250 million, 130 guaranteed. Not exactly victim type situation here.

jerruhjones says:
No one is going to give a 200+ million guaranteed contract to a RB with a bad knee.

naturallawandselfownership says:
January 16, 2023 at 10:55 am
Less talk and more action, Mr. Jackson.

greedyjimfromtonhicken says:
If the Ravens are smart they’ll trade Jackson and use the money they would have given him and build the team around Huntley. And then draft a young QB to back up Huntley.

blowncallssuck says:
January 16, 2023 at 10:56 am

Realistically the ravens have throw away a championship caliber kicker and defense playing with this guy. Convert back to a pocket passing offense and go win something already.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Because it's the playoffs?

Because he is, in fact, being compensated for today's game?

He just isn't compensated for next year yet.

Ne never negotiated his contract, he was told this is the contract you play o  to be a rookie in the NFL. There is no doubt he is drastically underpaid and him sitting out to protect his most valuable asset, himself, was a move I won't hold against him.

This is a different conversation if not for the rookie contract

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

“When you have something good,” Jackson posted on his Instagram story, “you don’t play with it. You don’t take chances losing it. You don’t neglect it. When you have something good, you pour into it. You appreciate it. Because when you take care of something good, that good thing takes care of you too." - Le'Veon Jackson

Easy to say from the cheap RB who won’t pay for a real agent and won’t be responsible for paying a busted player with bad knees who can’t throw from the pocket

u4iadman says:
Get an agent idiot.

tyelee says:
Wise words!
The Ravens NEED to get themselves a GOOD QB and not play around with a passing running back…

Wow. Jackson is good, but if I am the Ravens, I am asking myself is he that good that he is worth all this hassle and difficulty. Same question for Green Bay.

]
nunya says:
LJ thinks he’s smarter and a bigger deal than he really is. Good luck with that.

snowdood163 says:

xpensivewino says:

george1859 says:
It’s not that good…..

gcsuk says:

nnagi says:
This dude is beyond a head case, there’s no way the Ravens can continue down this path with Lamar being so passive-aggressive and no meaningful way to get through to him.

imaginethat says:
Pretty sure he walked away from 250 million, 130 guaranteed. Not exactly victim type situation here.

jerruhjones says:
No one is going to give a 200+ million guaranteed contract to a RB with a bad knee.

If the Ravens are smart they’ll trade Jackson and use the money they would have given him and build the team around Huntley. And then draft a young QB to back up Huntley.

blowncallssuck says:

Realistically the ravens have throw away a championship caliber kicker and defense playing with this guy. Convert back to a pocket passing offense and go win something already.

I mean do you want me to go online and post the comments wishing Lamar played in yesterday’s game? Look what his own teammates said.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

u4iadman says:
Get an agent idiot.

tyelee says:
Wise words!

]
nunya says:

snowdood163 says:

xpensivewino says:

george1859 says:
It’s not that good…..

gcsuk says:

nnagi says:

imaginethat says:

jerruhjones says:

blowncallssuck says:

Lol ravens fans hate their HC, OC and QB right now. I can’t imagine their in good spirits right now. 

8 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

u4iadman says:
Get an agent idiot.

tyelee says:
Wise words!

]
nunya says:

snowdood163 says:

xpensivewino says:

george1859 says:
It’s not that good…..

gcsuk says:

nnagi says:

imaginethat says:

jerruhjones says:

blowncallssuck says:

Good point, the Pro Football Talk comments section is a notoriously level headed community that should definitely be taken into account when making roster building decisions.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

We really have people arguing against getting Lamar? He’s a lock top 10, Superbowl caliber quarterback. We have trotted out Zach Wilson for 2 years straight. What are we doing here guys?

Except he’s the 6th best QB in the AFC.

Super Bowl caliber? What’s that mean? Mark sanchez has won 4 times as many playoff games as Lamar.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Mike White is injury prone and no responsible GM should rely on him being available to start an entire season. Maybe an ok backup.

Well then Barry you just don't understand Injury Prone.

Lamar Jackson - Injury Prone .... Missed large parts of the last 2 seasons because of the way he plays the game whish is all his game has since he can't throw the ball to save his life with less than 3000 yards passing in all of his seasons but one where he threw for around 3100 yards.

Jimmy G - Injury Prone has 100 % gotten hurt and missed large chunks of seasons most of the time out right ending his seasons. 

Chad Pennington - Injury Prone constant shoulder issues destroyed a very promising career numerous surgeries missed seasons and large chunks of seasons. 

One Player who you could compare to Mike White in the injury department was Ben Rothlesberger and guy who was constaly banged up . Missed 1 to 4 games in almost every year of his career but most of the time has was back after a few games. This is exactly what White has had happen he's not missing half of seasons and he comes back usually in the next game. I think the Jets made a big mistake as did Mike White playing with 5 broken ribs since it was obvious he could not get anything behind his throws. He should have sat out but hey hes a tough SOB the exact toughness this position needs. Will he take hits and get nicked up do to his toughness yes he probably will but if its of the one game variety that does not make him injury prone which by very definition is a player probably suffering from the same type injures Legs ... Shoulders .... for extended periods like Lamar Jackson and his knee issues. But hey Jets fans are all in on a running QB who can't throw because he has the exciting play from time to time. This team and its stupid fans deserve what they get if they sign a guy like Lamar or Jimmy G rather than a guy who has already proven the offense is on a different level when he plays.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Sorry Green, but Lamar is trash, and I'm not a Ravens fan, nor do I got a problem with guys trying to get paid. 

Lamar is trash but yo, lets go sign the dude they averaged 12.5 per game w/

We have entered the Twilight Zone...

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

We really have people arguing against getting Lamar? He’s a lock top 10, Superbowl caliber quarterback. We have trotted out Zach Wilson for 2 years straight. What are we doing here guys?

We’re calmly evaluating the pros and con here.

We’re talking about what the Ravens message boards are saying now to help us with that.

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’m sorry I cannot take anyone serious advocating for MW to be the QB1 next year. He has 8 career TDs and 12 INTS and is always injured. 

And I'm sorry I can't take you serious ... When Mike White was driving this team up and down the field were you sitting there rooting against him ? I could see if he was putting up 100 yard games like Zach but that was not the case. Mike White was throwing for 300 yards + and the offense was in the 400 yards + When he was driving us constantly into the red Zone and our RB's were fumbling and our WR's dropping TD passes and running the wrong routes did you want Mike White to go catch the ball as well. Were you sitting there watching some other game ? Were you mad at White when is team failed all around him ? Were you mad at White when McGovern was double teaming a player that was already blocked letting Milano run free untouched and slam Mike White into the ground braking 5 ribs  ?? Im just curious WTF you were watching .

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We’ve now reached the portion of our program where people argue Sanchez and Huntley compare favorably to Lamar Jackson…

You do realize Lamar Jackson is now having major problems with his knees which is about 90 % of his game running the football and when he's forced to throw he fails miserably ? What is this infatuation with a god damn QB who cant throw when he's forced too? you do realize he did not play in the playoff game yesterday because he knew he would have to throw the football and be further exposed and a terrible passing QB right ? Lamar made the smart move and stayed off the field because he wants to get paid and I promise you whomever pays him will really be paying the price when they destroy their football team,

• Post of the Week 2

23 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is hilarious a SB caliber QB who can't win a playoff game .... just can't make this sh*t up

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

His 68.3 cumulative rating in 3 playoff games when he was healthy really doesn't indicate that.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You do realize Lamar Jackson is now having major problems with his knees which is about 90 % of his game running the football and when he's forced to throw he fails miserably ? What is this infatuation with a god damn QB who cant throw when he's forced too? you do realize he did not play in the playoff game yesterday because he knew he would have to throw the football and be further exposed and a terrible passing QB right ? Lamar made the smart move and stayed off the field because he wants to get paid and I promise you whomever pays him will really be paying the price when they destroy their football team,

“Lamar can’t throw” 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’ll be two 1st round picks if they designate him the “non exclusive tag”.. it’s a no brainer of a move. And we don’t know what these other “options” are. If we lose out on Carr than who? Jimmy G? He’s injured all the time 

So don't get Jimmy G because he is always injured but do get Lamar even though he is always injured.   What am I missing here?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The Ravens got the best years of his career and are now trying to sell him just as he's starting to break down.  They need to find a sucker team to overpay for him so of course we read that the Jets are "first in line!"

• Haha 1