Lamar Jackson talk is completely triggering me

JohnnyLV

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You and I think very differently then.

If in fact he is skipping the playoff game out of fiscal self-interest, I want nothing to do with that kind of player.

Of course I want nothing to do with him anyway, but I’d want even less that before.

Guy who sells out his team, in the playoffs, is a dick.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

^^^^^ this is same the guy who is arguing to sign Tom Brady.

Think Episode 9 GIF by NBC

Brady's contract will be short-term (1-2 years) and he got $15M last year (assuming I understand sportrac).  Lamar's contract will be for the long-term (maybe ~7 years) at elite QB money.  Lamar is breaking down while TB12 is still putting up elite QB stats.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/tom-brady-4619/image.png.72b9ae9ce328f2df7e3f4ee155356aac.png

56 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's got a great arm but he's not a true pocket passer (and the WR was wide open in that tweet, btw).   When his legs break down then he's not worth what it'll cost to acquire and sign him.  The Ravens got his 5 best years. We'd be paying more for the past than his future.

Bill Belichick disagrees with you…

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10049752-bill-belichick-lamar-jackson-without-a-doubt-has-proven-himself-as-pocket-passer

• Upvote 2

The people who don’t want the Jets to get Lamar would also be up in arms talking about how the Jets are doomed for a decade and same old Jets if Miami got him. Sure he has his problems, like any player who changes teams, but he is an elite playmaker and QB. The Jets have never ever had a QB of his talent

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m not even sure I want Lamar Jackson here with the Jets.
To be honest, I’m leaning against it, but the arguments people are making not to get him are incredibly bad.

The options are pretty simple

You want to keep the picks and go after Carr/Jimmy or give up picks and go after Jackson.

Jackson gives the Jets the best chance of a long term answer at QB. Jimmy G and Carr are at best stop gaps

• Upvote 1

To me it comes down to this. Nobody here would say we aren’t in desperate need of a QB. The question then becomes do you think we are a very good QB away from contending for a Super Bowl?

If you say yes, then you sign a Lamar Jackson, because he is the best QB likely to be available.

If you say no, then you continue the “rebuild”, bring in someone who gives you close to average level QB play at a low price, keep Wilson and hope he becomes better than that guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 1/13/2023 at 12:28 PM, johnnysd said:

Carr is a better option if you have to go down that road and he will likely be released.

I want ZERO parts of Carr.

He's not that good, and he's a horrible leader. He lacks self awareness and accountability. It got so bad, the Raiders had to keep him away from the team because he became too much of a distraction. And this isn't even a kid like Zach Wilson, this is a 30 year old man.

The fact that people are pushing for Carr after what we went through with Wilson is hilarious ?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

I thought I posted a reply before but maybe it didn't go through. 

BB said that before a game.  He always gasses an opponent up before a game.  And while Lamar can be an effective passer, the part of his game that makes him a star is his legs.   

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Brady's contract will be short-term (1-2 years) and he got $15M last year (assuming I understand sportrac).  Lamar's contract will be for the long-term (maybe ~7 years) at elite QB money.  Lamar is breaking down while TB12 is still putting up elite QB stats.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/tom-brady-4619/image.png.72b9ae9ce328f2df7e3f4ee155356aac.png

Tom took a discount before to get pieces around him. He doesn't have momma Gisele bank rolling his life anymore even if he does get that spousal support he is praying for. Lamar doesn't have that luxury. #tombradysadeadbeat

1 minute ago, King P said:

I want ZERO parts of Carr.

He's not that good, and he's a horrible leader. He lacks self awareness and accountability. It got so bad, the Raiders had to keep him away from the team because he became too much of a distraction. And this isn't even a kid like Zach Wilson, this is a 30 year old man.

The fact that people are pushing for Carr after what we went through with Wilson is hilarious ?

I'm with you.  The unfortunate truth is that we're probably screwed.

The only QB that seems like a good fit, imo, is TB12.  But it probably won't happen.

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Tom took a discount before to get pieces around him. He doesn't have momma Gisele bank rolling his life anymore even if he does get that spousal support he is praying for. Lamar doesn't have that luxury. #tombradysadeadbeat

I'd be fine paying TB12 big money.  He's only getting a 1-2 year deal anyway.  If he falls off a cliff, it's only a short-term problem.  But you'd also be getting Super Bowl upside with him.

If you trade for Lamar, he's going to get an albatross contract.  Heck, if we sign Carr, he'll demand a slightly shorter albatross contract.  If those guys don't work out, we're stuck.

25 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Remember this when/if it’s our teams shot at a Super Bowl he screws over. We’d see how consistent you all would be then, lol.

PS Garbage RG3 is exactly why I’d never invest in Lamar. Same selfishness, same limited lifespan as an NFL QB.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd be fine paying TB12 big money.  He's only getting a 1-2 year deal anyway.  If he falls off a cliff, it's only a short-term issue. 

If you trade for Lamar, he's going to get an albatross contract.  Heck, if we sign Carr, he'll demand a slightly shorter albatross contract.  If those guys don't work out, we're stuck.

If they work out, we are set for years! And have a shot at getting to the big dance. A shot we haven't had in a long long time. The downside is a sh1t contract for a few years. With all the years we have suffered, the upside is worth the gamble in my book. I have zero confidence this regime, owner, team, whatever can find and develop a QB on its own. Roll the dice on a proven commodity and let it be a great decision or just woody wasting more of his dads money.

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

If they work out, we are set for years! And have a shot at getting to the big dance. A shot we haven't had in a long long time. The downside is a sh1t contract for a few years. With all the years we have suffered, the upside is worth the gamble in my book. I have zero confidence this regime, owner, team, whatever can find and develop a QB on its own. Roll the dice on a proven commodity and let it be a great decision or just woody wasting more of his dads money.

Betting on Lamar to give us 7 years of great QB play seems very low-probability to me.  His legs are his game and he's already breaking down.

Carr is mediocre and doesn't elevate his team but will be paid like an elite QB.  He will cost us the chance to re-sign some of our star young players.  

TB12 is lower cost (plus wouldn't require a trade), short-term commitment, and with Super Bowl upside.   And if there's really any belief about developing ZW, he'll be the best mentor.

TB12 is EASILY the best option we have.