Lamar Jackson talk is completely triggering me

JohnnyLV

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Remember this when/if it’s our teams shot at a Super Bowl he screws over. We’d see how consistent you all would be then, lol.

PS Garbage RG3 is exactly why I’d never invest in Lamar. Same selfishness, same limited lifespan as an NFL QB.

Who you want at QB next season?

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Betting on Lamar to give us 7 years of great QB play seems very low-probability to me.  His legs are his game and he's already breaking down.

Carr is mediocre and doesn't elevate his team but will be paid like an elite QB.  He will cost us the chance to re-sign some of our star young players.  

The Jets are going nowhere without a franchise QB. He’s not perfect, but it’s their best chance. 

1 minute ago, JetsAddict said:

Sorry, I’m not handing out a huge contract to DJ after a 15 TD and 6.8 YPA season. 

Jackson has a five year track record. Jones does not. 

the question was, is Jones even available?  It was rhetorical, b/c Jones will not be available.  thus I don't get why the poster even brought him up.  It's not even relevant for comparison purposes.  

Once again, my concern with jackson is health.  I thiink he will be injured a lot.  I can not ignore that despite all the pleas that it doesn't matter.  

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Who you want at QB next season?

Don’t know yet, honestly.

Not Lamar. Not Brady. Not Zach Wilson. 

Plenty of time to to weigh the likely real-world options beyond them.

TBQH don’t think what I think matters. Till the Jets show us otherwise, I think THEY plan the QB to be one Zach Wilson.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Betting on Lamar to give us 7 years of great QB play seems very low-probability to me.  His legs are his game and he's already breaking down.

Carr is mediocre and doesn't elevate his team but will be paid like an elite QB.  He will cost us the chance to re-sign some of our star young players.  

TB12 is lower cost (plus wouldn't require a trade), short-term commitment, and with Super Bowl upside.   And if there's really any belief about developing ZW, he'll be the best mentor.  He is EASILY the best option we have.

I honestly don't expect Lamar to be a 7 year solution. But a solid 3-4 isn't unreasonable. Apparently his injury was sustained in the pocket, if that pimple faced kid who said it via my google searching is correct. 

Carr doesn't excite me but apparently he too has some superb numbers, especially in comparison to the garbage we have been trotting out each Sunday for a decade. I just need some sort of real effort in finding a QB upgrade. We can't go into next season with anything near what we did this season.

I don't want Tom Brady even if he paid us to play here. Petty? Sure. I just don't want it. He seemed real nozzlish about us when in NE. F him. We win without him. Or lose without him. I'm fine with both.

Someone else, like a fuggin coach whos job it is to develop Zach is the best option. I don't believe Tom is going to be going out of his way to help develop any QB. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Lamar Jackson - Injury Prone .... Missed large parts of the last 2 seasons because of the way he plays the game which is all his game has since he can't throw the ball to save his life with less than 3000 yards passing in all of his seasons but one where he threw for around 3100 yards.

Lamar Jackson was injured in the pocket the last 2 seasons, not while running.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Don’t know yet, honestly.

Not Lamar. Not Brady. Not Zach Wilson. 

Plenty of time to to weigh the likely real-world options beyond them.

TBQH don’t think what I think matters. Till the Jets show us otherwise, I think THEY plan the QB to be one Zach Wilson.

No shot Zach is QB1. You heard Woody speak, they’re def going all in on brining in a big name

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Seriously? A sprain IS a tear or a really bad stretching that can often heal itself.  A completely torn ACL is still a sprain.

For this recent injury it is a PCL Sprain Grade 2

CLASSIFICATIONS OF PCL INJURIES

Like any other ligament of the body, PCL sprains are classified according to a traditional grading system:

• Grade 1-This is a mild injury that causes only microscopic tears in the ligament. While these small tears can bend the PCL out of shape, they do not significantly affect the knee’s ability to bear weight.
  • Grade 2 (moderate)-The PCL is partially torn and the knee becomes unstable. At this level expect the knee to give out periodically while standing and walking.
  • Grade 3 (severe)-The PCL is completely torn or is separated at its end from the bone that it normally anchors. At this point the knee is very unstable and cannot bear your body weight. It usually takes a tremendous force to cause such an injury, so a grade 3 sprain is often accompanied by damage to the other ligaments of the knee.

And there have been reports that his injury is actually a Grade 3 tear. The Patella was not listed in terms of severity but that was likely a slight tear as well. 

Also, the PedaL ankle sprain is ALSO a tear.

There are three grades for ankle sprains determined by the amount of force.

Grade 1: Stretching or slight tearing of the ligament with mild tenderness, swelling and stiffness. The ankle feels stable and it is usually possible to walk with minimal pain.

Grade 2: A more severe sprain, but incomplete tear with moderate pain, swelling and bruising. Although it feels somewhat stable, the damaged areas are tender to the touch and walking is painful.

Grade 3: This is a complete tear of the affected ligament(s) with severe swelling and bruising. The ankle is unstable and walking is likely not possible because the ankle gives out and there is intense pain.

So including the back, he has actually torn his ligaments already 5 fuggin times.

And people expect this guy to miracuously regain his MVP form and stay healthy when he has proven he can do neither. 

Whatever.

Not interested in playing a semantics game with you. Show me the major surgeries Lamar has had so far

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You and I think very differently then.

If in fact he is skipping the playoff game out of fiscal self-interest, I want nothing to do with that kind of player.

Of course I want nothing to do with him anyway, but I’d want even less that before.

Guy who sells out his team, in the playoffs, is a dick.

I think it 100% played a part in him not playing, I think he may have tested it if he had the contract. I understand people not liking that, I don't think it's the sole reason but Harbaugh would have been crucified if they threw him out there and he had a similar re-injury as RG3 injury prior to a massive contract or trade.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It’s all based on cost and risk.  Draft picks flying out the window, devastating financial hit +  well above average injury risk add up to: no.  Add me to the list

This. If we do sign Lamar, we definitely need a poll thread to separate the camps. It will be a glorious bump in 2025.

2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Yea he's a free agent....

That's right, the Giants didn't exercise 5th year option on him.  They'll probably re-sign him before anyone gets to him.   So it won't cost them draft picks and the 2023 cap hit would be less than the $22 MM 5th yr option would have been.  So yeah, he is technically a FA, but the likelihood of availability isn't there.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, King P said:

I want ZERO parts of Carr.

He's not that good, and he's a horrible leader. He lacks self awareness and accountability. It got so bad, the Raiders had to keep him away from the team because he became too much of a distraction. And this isn't even a kid like Zach Wilson, this is a 30 year old man.

The fact that people are pushing for Carr after what we went through with Wilson is hilarious ?

I did not say I wanted Carr just that he is a better option than Lamar.

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

No shot Zach is QB1. You heard Woody speak, they’re def going all in on brining in a big name

hope so.  One that makes sense at least.  It cant be Wilson under center.  He's got to be a clipboard guy in 2023.  

On 1/14/2023 at 8:49 AM, Dunnie said:

I'm not disrespecting your opinion ... but no way  in hell I give 200 guaranteed to an injured Running QB that has done nothing in the playoffs. No thanks, nada, never gonna happen for an QB thats 1-3 in the playoffs with a knee injury. I cannot see anything like that happening after Q signs his mega deal.

plus ... this kind of stuff.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ravens_wr_calls_on_lamar_jackson_to_play_through_injury/s1_127_38350643

“In this league, everybody is pretty much banged up, hurt,” Watkins told The Post. “I don’t want to speak for him and his situation and whatever he’s going through with the contracts. I don’t know what world he’s in. But for me, you got a chance to do something special. We all know with Lamar Jackson out there, this team is really freaking good, and special things can happen. He can will this team to a Super Bowl. I don’t think he’s thinking about it that way. . . .”

Bill Belichick says he is a pocket passer: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10049752-bill-belichick-lamar-jackson-without-a-doubt-has-proven-himself-as-pocket-passer

I’ll take his opinion over yours and that of everyone else in the “Lamar is a running QB/ a running back crowd”

On 1/14/2023 at 8:23 AM, T0mShane said:

He doesn’t need anybody to see how tough he is.

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Lol that’s why I asked him who he wants. Seems like he doesn’t like anyone 

I’m with him though when he says he thinks the Jets want Wilson to be the guy.

I just don’t see them getting rid of him and signing someone like Lamar or Carr. Hope I’m wrong, though.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

I did not say I wanted Carr just that he is a better option than Lamar.

I agree that he is a better option.  And all you ppl who confuse the phrase "he is a better option" with "he is the better QB", remember that "better option" involves health risk, draft pick losses and contract size, length and cost.  So saying Carr is a "better option" is NOT the equivalent of "Carr is a better QB".  FWIW.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m with him though when he says he thinks the Jets want Wilson to be the guy.

I just don’t see them getting rid of him and signing someone like Lamar or Carr. Hope I’m wrong, though.

Did you hear Woody speak saying they need a QB? They’re obviously brining in someone. No chance Zach is the week 1 starter. I’m surprised you guys would even think that honestly 

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Lol. You specifically said Where’s the ligament tears? And I showed you. It is not semantics. Fact hurt obviously.

So in other words, you don't have an answer because he doesn't have any major surgeries LOL. Got it! ?

Otherwise to insinuate that a sprain has the same long term lingering effects as a tear that requires surgery or a broken bone is disingenuous at best. There's a classification between the grades of a sprain, and a tear for a reason. 

But you continue being "triggered" over an unsubstantiated rumor ? 

18 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Good point about Woody. I read that more as wanting to upgrade the position though.
I don’t think @Warfish (or myself) is saying Zach would start the year as #1 though. Rather that the Jets still see him as the long term solution…

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

He's not worthing gutting our future for. Any questions?

At same point you gotta compete now. The NFL changes to much from year to year to be banking on the future... plus Salah and JD do not have the job security to worry a bout the Future. 

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Remember this when/if it’s our teams shot at a Super Bowl he screws over. We’d see how consistent you all would be then, lol.

Has he done this before? I do believe this is, in part, contract related. Unless I'm missing something in his past, this seems like 1 of 1. 

I have no issue with college players doing similar things for bowl games. Not quite apples to apples but it's a similar arena

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Lol that’s why I asked him who he wants. Seems like he doesn’t like anyone 

I'm not overly happy with the available, real-world options, no.

Right now, today, I'm leaning towards a veteran, a Carr, a Minshew, a Mayfield, a Garrapolo type.

Someone with some displayed resume of successful production (if not also actual team success) at the NFL level at QB.

I'm for maximizing likely passing production, and minimizing risk, both short-term and long term.

Lamar is out for me, as he's a inadequate passer and a meaningful injury risk at a massive cost in terms of trade cost, and contract cost.  I think he'd be a disaster here, on a team poorly designed to support his specific style of play.

Brady is out because he is our worst enemy.  And I'm old school about things like that.

Wilson is out because he is a top-10 all-time NFL Draft bust, no matter how long we give him to get his poop together.

I've not yet really looked at this QB draft class, but they're likely out for the same reason.  Huge risk (i.e. Sanchez, Geno, Darnold, Wilson, and over a decade of losing because of them) and low chance of success, but the low cost is nice, and as I said, I haven't really researched this class yet (I don't follow minor league, i.e. college, football till after our season is over.  A curse of not having attended a school with a football team, no rooting interest for me).

So that is where I am today.  Sorry I don't have a definitive hot take as yet, but I prefer to make those calls when I feel they're at least considered and informed, even if I may ultimately prove wrong (which so far hasn't happened much with our QB's, but still).

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Did you hear Woody speak saying they need a QB? They’re obviously brining in someone. No chance Zach is the week 1 starter. I’m surprised you guys would even think that honestly 

I'm equally surprised you're ignoring everything else they've been saying.

To be fair, you could be 100% right, there are ood odds you are in fact right.

But like I said, till I see it actually happen, lol.....

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Has he done this before? I do believe this is, in part, contract related. Unless I'm missing something in his past, this seems like 1 of 1. 

I have no issue with college players doing similar things for bowl games. Not quite apples to apples but it's a similar arena

It's part contract related and part he's not ready to go and he's not gonna sacrifice himself on 60-70% when the Ravens and the other 31 teams are gonna look the other way if he RGIII's his knee.  

To insinuate that this is or will be some part of a trend is disingenuous IMO 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd be legit curious what the Venn diagram would look like between "Jets Fans supportive of Lamar healthy-scratching himself from a playoff game" and "Jets Fans who want the Jets to sign Lamar".