Lamar Jackson talk is completely triggering me

JohnnyLV

1 hour ago, Tranquilo said:

What I'm saying is that we're not gonna be ****ed with injuries every year. This year the 49ers finally lucked out. Reminds me of fantasy football, how people didn't want to draft McCaffrey cause he always gets hurt. Of course we plan contingencies. What's happened to the Ravens and Jets goes past contingencies. It's not bound to happen every year.

Unfortunately it has for many years,  it is like we already know it’s coming. It appears the FO does as well.

10 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

So he has sources with the Jets, Ravens and Falcons? Let's pump the brakes. 

I definitely don't have sources with the Falcons. I'm just following the breadcrumbs and listening to what the agents say 

Why Atlanta?

1. Arthur Blank went all-in for Deshaun Watson after he missed the season in the midst of allegations. Lamar Jackson is a cleaner player with an even better reputation. He may not be the caliber "QB" Deshaun was thought of being, but he's certainly a top 16 QB with the kind of explosive playmaking ability to be a franchise player.
  2. They made the greatest offer to Houston compensation-wise, a deal that included #8 and #38 last year. One year later and not much has changed (they have #8 and #44 this year) so you would have to think they will again be willing to go in heavy for a QB. Blank is a believer in continuity so Arthur Smith's job is safe and if anything, Atlanta finds themselves in a more lucrative position to insert the QB after having acquired Drake London last year. 
  3. Arthur Smith built offenses around Tannehill and Mariota, with Mariota having been identified him as "his" QB entering the 2022 season; Lamar is basically Mariota on steroids, so there's very little adjustments he would need to make schematically. 
  4. Every team that makes these kind of blockbuster trades always prefers to send the QB out of conference. The player ultimately has a major say in who trades for him because of the contract (see HOU-CLE/Deshaun), but make no mistake Baltimore will rather trade him out of conference and will make that clear to Lamar's team if he's made available. 
  5. Contract: Atlanta has a ton of cap and cash to offer that most teams do not have. They were willing to give Deshaun a new deal that would pay him $45 million-plus per year, but simply could not match a fully guaranteed contract (mind you, that had anti-void language to ensure he's paid despite potential suspensions). I do think they will be willing to make the greatest contract offer to Lamar if he shies away from the "fully guaranteed" contract demands. He'll have to if he wants to get a new deal because no team is paying him $230 million fully guaranteed. 
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

... Just checking in to see if @Johnnysd is still triggered ? Or has he imploded completely as the indie talking heads like Assman are juicing this incredulous idea up ? My guess is that OC and QB are linked.

1. JD values draft capital

2. JD might still believe in Zach

3. JD believes in a balanced roster

4. JD knows Lamar will play 50% of the snaps he would get paid for.

5. JD never makes snap judgement calls.

6. JD has patience.

7. JD could give a **** about what this delusional minority thinks.

... ... i knew all along ... it was derek carr ...  (michael corleone voice)

Still  triggered. Look- I have had some massively bad takes in my life - I hated both Daboll and Pederson as head coach candidates as an example, I look to have been wrong about Zach but LaFleur was so bad there is still hope. But I also have had a ton of takes that were very unpopular that turned out to be correct. And don't think I am wrong here. I think it would a disastrous move and as you pointed out it does not fit JD at all.

In terms of Assman, I liked his content but he is one of the guys that just has so much anger targeted at Zach that he has lost all subjectivity and know he is all in on this Lamar take, so I just do not listen to him anymore

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I definitely don't have sources with the Falcons. I'm just following the breadcrumbs and listening to what the agents say 

Why Atlanta?

1. Arthur Blank went all-in for Deshaun Watson after he missed the season in the midst of allegations. Lamar Jackson is a cleaner player with an even better reputation. He may not be the caliber "QB" Deshaun was thought of being, but he's certainly a top 16 QB with the kind of explosive playmaking ability to be a franchise player.
  2. They made the greatest offer to Houston compensation-wise, a deal that included #8 and #38 last year. One year later and not much has changed (they have #8 and #44 this year) so you would have to think they will again be willing to go in heavy for a QB. Blank is a believer in continuity so Arthur Smith's job is safe and if anything, Atlanta finds themselves in a more lucrative position to insert the QB after having acquired Drake London last year. 
  3. Arthur Smith built offenses around Tannehill and Mariota, with Mariota having been identified him as "his" QB entering the 2022 season; Lamar is basically Mariota on steroids, so there's very little adjustments he would need to make schematically. 
  4. Every team that makes these kind of blockbuster trades always prefers to send the QB out of conference. The player ultimately has a major say in who trades for him because of the contract (see HOU-CLE/Deshaun), but make no mistake Baltimore will rather trade him out of conference and will make that clear to Lamar's team if he's made available. 
  5. Contract: Atlanta has a ton of cap and cash to offer that most teams do not have. They were willing to give Deshaun a new deal that would pay him $45 million-plus per year, but simply could not match a fully guaranteed contract (mind you, that had anti-void language to ensure he's paid despite potential suspensions). I do think they will be willing to make the greatest contract offer to Lamar if he shies away from the "fully guaranteed" contract demands. He'll have to if he wants to get a new deal because no team is paying him $230 million fully guaranteed. 

Yeah exactly, an educated guess. 

4 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Unfortunately it has for many years,  it is like we already know it’s coming. It appears the FO does as well.

I am convinced the new practice rules are leading to more injury. The NFL went from 2 full practices and a walkthough every day, to sometimes a padded practice once a day, but mostly "shells" and walkthroughs. No way you can be in the same football shape in the current NFL

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

They were good, solid teams. Playoff success wasn't there, but sometimes it takes time.

We aren't going to find ******* John Elway out there (who didn't win "Squat" till late in his career, btw). Every QB we go after will have warts.

But our o-line can be dominant if guys stay healthy, our running game will be better cause Hall is better, and our WRs are objectively better. What we can supply is a dominant defense, and that's the name of the game.

Nothing is guaranteed. Jackson is good, and you can build around him to be a winning team. That's worth it, IMO.

No need for the bullsh*t "so help me understand, please." We can disagree and leave it at that.

I wasn't picking at you I really wanted to know what you thought.

I was a BIG BIG Jackson fan when he originally came out and if the Jets got him I knew we would have to do things in a way we had never done them before, I was skeptical and seasons later and the Jets with no QB coach, and Gase proved my fears right.

Now, I want JACKSON, I WANT HIM ON THE JETS! 

But I have those concerns that I already outlined and I want someone to say don't worry, ABC will happen and we will be fine!

So I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, how can I?

We currently have Zach Wilson under center who can't throw a basic screen pass to save his life under center and Jackson would be 100000000 Times better right now, so I apologize if my prior post seemed sarcastic it wasn't meant to be.  I just want a realistic path to get him.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I wasn't picking at you I really wanted to know what you thought.

I was a BIG BIG Jackson fan when he originally came out and if the Jets got him I knew we would have to do things in a way we had never done them before, I was skeptical and seasons later and the Jets with no QB coach, and Gase proved my fears right.

Now, I want JACKSON, I WANT HIM ON THE JETS! 

But I have those concerns that I already outlined and I want someone to say don't worry, ABC will happen and we will be fine!

So I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, how can I?

We currently have Zach Wilson under center who can't throw a basic screen pass to save his life under center and Jackson would be 100000000 Times better right now, so I apologize if my prior post seemed sarcastic it wasn't meant to be.  I just want a realistic path to get him.

My fault! Yeah, I don't think it's like a given that he will get the job done here but I think he's worth the risk and a major reason why is because we have the talent to take that risk

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

BTW, I understand all the logical points of why people don't want Lamar, but even those most opposed to bringing him in will still be half-mast the first time they see him wearing Green & White.  C'mon now.  

of course.  If he becomes a Jet, I'll be cheering for him.  And praying for his health and for him to learn how to look for a WR before running or TE on most plays.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

of course.  If he becomes a Jet, I'll be cheering for him.  And praying for his health and for him to learn how to look for a WR before running or TE on most plays.

I think if you get Lamar, you let him be Lamar.  I get what you're saying though.  If it comes down to trading for him but telling him "we need you to be more of a QB", we might as well just look somewhere else.  

1 minute ago, bonkertons said:

I think if you get Lamar, you let him be Lamar.  I get what you're saying though.  If it comes down to trading for him but telling him "we need you to be more of a QB", we might as well just look somewhere else.  

Id like to keep Garrett Wilson very happy.  We haven't had a potential top 5 WR in decades.  He needs to get the ball.  Lamar does not pass to his WRs and his apologists do nothing but blame it on Ravens WRs. Complete nonsense.  WR is a 3rd option for him, almost always.  And that's the way they ran it in Baltimore.  It will be no different here.  

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Id like to keep Garrett Wilson very happy.  We haven't had a potential top 5 WR in decades.  He needs to get the ball.  Lamar does not pass to his WRs and his apologists do nothing but blame it on Ravens WRs. Complete nonsense.  WR is a 3rd option for him, almost always.  And that's the way they ran it in Baltimore.  It will be no different here.  

Raven WRs are mediocre to bad. All you have to do is look at how they've done with other teams (other than Bateman, who when healthy, has flashed something with Jackson).

When Hollywood was there, he got 1,000 yards with Jackson.

10 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Raven WRs are mediocre to bad. All you have to do is look at how they've done with other teams (other than Bateman, who when healthy, has flashed something with Jackson).

Yeah I was just gonna say, Robinson and Watkins are what they are at this point.  The same as they've been with other teams.  It makes sense why Andrews is his go to guy, the same way Garrett would be his go to guy here.  You get the ball in the hands of your best receiver.  

Garrett just put up over 1100 with historically bad QB play.  A revolving door of QBs, playing behind a revolving door of backup OL.  I have a hard time seeing him not at least repeat those numbers with Lamar and an upgraded OL.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Generally playing against better defenses and teams that can score more points.

Sounds like issues that will definitely go away once he puts on a green jersey.

I was hoping there was key injuries or something, rather than he’s just worse against better competition.

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

BTW, I understand all the logical points of why people don't want Lamar, but even those most opposed to bringing him in will still be half-mast the first time they see him wearing Green & White.  C'mon now.  

You mean right before he rushes on first down, takes a typical "only legal/no flag when it's against the Jets" massive hit, tears both ACL's and never plays another down?

Yeah, totally half-mast already, lol.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You mean right before he rushes on first down, takes a typical "only legal/no flag when it's against the Jets" massive hit, tears both ACL's and never plays another down?

You and me both, brotha.  I'm torqued.  Chub brothers forever ❤️

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This sounds pretty much spot on with how it would go, and be the Jetsiest thing ever. The good news is this would have such a staggeringly bad effect on the Jets for years, and it might actually make Woody change the way he goes about running the Jets. Then again, maybe nothing will change Woody

2 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

Brown is good and they have an offense that doesn't focus on WRs... its up to Lamar to run, or toss to RB/TE with WR as his last option.  Not sure if it was designed that way or thats just what Jackson ends up doing when he's under center.  

20 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.thumb.png.d24f322075c14a954d5217a8e07c81ed.png

Wow looks like the wheels are in motion. The NFL is turning into the NBA where star players get to choose their destination. And for whatever reason, Lamar has his sites set on the Jets

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What?!?!?!   Is this real?!?!

No, some weirdo on Twitter photoshopped it.

• Upvote 1