Lamar Jackson talk is completely triggering me

JohnnyLV

On 1/18/2023 at 12:01 PM, ToonforPrez said:

You sure that wasn't the isles themselves giving you those blue balls ?  I'm an isles fan proudly but they have been so meh these past 20 years lol

lol very true, but I'm used to them never being able to bring in good players.  Worst was when Bob McKenzie tweeted out on the day before UFA "Panarin to the Islanders"....not "looks like....", not "I'm hearing,...", not "my guess is...."....literally confirmed it, like it was a done deal.  FML.  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

lol very true, but I'm used to them never being able to bring in good players.  Worst was when Bob McKenzie tweeted out on the day before UFA "Panarin to the Islanders"....not "looks like....", not "I'm hearing,...", not "my guess is...."....literally confirmed it, like it was a done deal.  FML.  

When the whole Panarin thing went down i was excited but of course we didn't get him and the Rags did lol such a kick in the gut my man!!

15 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

@Green Ghost

Something factually incorrect here? It was an incentive laden one year deal IIRC.

if you think the Pats signing Cam Newton in his twilight is comparable in any type of way to them signing Lamar Jackson, more power to you. 

My bad… I screwed up there.

I was skimming through that page very quickly and completely misunderstood your post. I thought you were suggesting that as an offer we should make.

I’ll remove that reaction I left right now…

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

My bad… I screwed up there.

I was skimming through that page very quickly and completely misunderstood your post. I thought you were suggesting that as an offer we should make.

I’ll remove that reaction I left right now…

Hey the worst thing that could happen- he says no.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

They franchise him..What's Lamar going to do not play and collect $35M+?

I mean it sounds like many of his teammates thought that he could have played in a playoff game and he sat out. Didn't even fly with the team. So do I think he's above a holdout? No, no I don't. Especially if he sticks with his demands on a watson contract.