Lamar Jackson talk is completely triggering me

JohnnyLV

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Carr is not cheap.  Jimmy might be.

They will, undoubtedly, be in on Lamar if he becomes available.  Aggressively.  The question is whether or not he does become available, and what that timetable would look like, because they aren’t going to wait very long to find out and miss on other targets as a result.

Rooting for Baltimore to lose to start their offseason plans and gain clarity on Lamar's situation.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Carr is not cheap.  Jimmy might be.

They will, undoubtedly, be in on Lamar if he becomes available.  Aggressively.  The question is whether or not he does become available, and what that timetable would look like, because they aren’t going to wait very long to find out and miss on other targets as a result.

I don’t think jets will gamble their jobs on jimmy g knowing he doesn’t stay healthy!! I think carr is going to be the guy .. he is the perfect 2-3 year stopgap with a drafted Qb in 2024 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Kinda want him now just because you don't.

But anywho - 

Durability is a concern. Outside of that...

He's a dynamic playmaker with the ball in his hands. He might decline in the run aspect but I don't see that happening soon. 

They have the coach. They don't have the coordinator or the players to support him. They have failed to draft or trade for anyone worthwhile. 

Ravens would consider NOT re signing him because they're clearly at a point where they need to rebuild. Lamar is the only thing making that team respectable. Whether they want to admit it or not. Take the picks and start over. 

running qbs like lamar fall off a cliff quickly. he has already begun the decline and the injuries will just accelerate it. he is a terrible option for the jets and would end up setting the team back a decade

13 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

I don’t think jets will gamble their jobs on jimmy g knowing he doesn’t stay healthy!! I think carr is going to be the guy .. he is the perfect 2-3 year stopgap with a drafted Qb in 2024 

I would definitely agree with this.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

you aren't arguing you're name calling because you don't have a rational response 

Let's take a regular business. Do the janitors do a valuable job? Yes. Are they as valuable as the CEO? no, and how do we know that? Because of what they are paid 

maybe there are companies where the CEO is incompetent and the janitor is a Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting level genius but that doesn't make Janitors more important than CEOs 

Im not name calling, I am telling you your take on this is delusional. That is not name calling, its citing facts.

Nothing about the NFL operates like corporate America, if a CEO ran his/her company like Woody ran the Jets, they would be out of business, yet Woody gets richer and richer every year.

Your stance is severely flawed, to the point where its hard to argue with you. If coaching didnt matter at all, coaches would never get fired, every coach would make the same amount of money, and there would be no discrpancy. That is effectivley your take.

The problem is, if your take was correct, the only thing that would matter would be GM's and scouts, and scouts would be by far the highest paid in the building, becuase you would just have them scout the good robots and profit. 

I don't even want to argue this with you anymore, its such a bad point its not really worth anymore of my time

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Baltimore is pissed because Lamar is representing himself and he wants more guaranteed money than Watson, which no other owner wants to do. Lamar is pissed because the DeCosta has to tell him to his face that he’s not worth Watson money. If Lamar had an agent, the agent would be able to tell Lamar that no other team is offering up that stupid Watson contract, and he should get his ass back to practice. 

So no matter how you slice this, the Jets are going to have to be willing to pay him a contract that Baltimore is not willing to pay him, with or without an agent. And on top of it, the Jets would have to give up multiple premium draft picks to be able to sign him to the same contract that Baltimore is pissed off about

8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

So no matter how you slice this, the Jets are going to have to be willing to pay him a contract that Baltimore is not willing to pay him, with or without an agent. And on top of it, the Jets would have to give up multiple premium draft picks to be able to sign him to the same contract that Baltimore is pissed off about

Baltimore will end up re-signing him, I’d think. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

People talking about getting Lamar Jackson makes me truly angry and physically ill.

There is no possible worse scenario than trading and signing for Lamar Jackson.

What in the hell are people thinking? He makes no sense for the Jets on literally any level. He is the worst possible option

1. He should be disqualified on durability alone. The guy has finished 10 of the last 21 games for Balt. He has ended the last 2 seasons missing 5 plus games. His play style is the most unsustainable of any QB in the NFL. History shows that he WILL completely fall off a cliff and that likely has already happened. Just look at Cam (who was a much better pocket passer) he won an MVP and that fell off the face of the other. He kept getting trotted out there but all the hits add up and he was completely ineffective but people kept expecting him to magically become healthy again. Look at RG3. Even Russell Wilson's issues are related to him just being diminished from all the wear and tear and he was among the best ever at avoiding contact. Lamar does not.

2. Even when he is healthy, the wear and tear builds up in Lamar and he gets less and less effective as the season goes on 

3. He is not a pocket passer throwing mostly to the TE and we do not have Mark Andrews

4. He requires a completely unique offense just for him.  We don't have the coaching or players to support him

5. He will cost AT LEAST 2 first round picks. The Jets cannot afford to give up that draft capital

6. He will cost like $30-40 million against the cap, and the Jets really do not have it without cutting a bunch of players, possibly not re-signing players like Q and Huff 

7. It would trash any possibility of rebuilding the OL

8. Here is maybe the biggest reason. His own team, that has the coach, the coordinator, the players to best support him clearly do not want to sign him long term. So why in the hell would we consider signing him?

To be honest, the only way to handle Lamar is on 1 year contracts because you simply cannot throw away the entire teams future on a possibility that he will somehow stay healthy and regain his form which history has show to not be true at all.

FFS

Now you know how people felt when you were running around proclaiming Zach the best QB prospect you have ever seen coming out college.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I, too, get physically ill at the idea of having a MVP caliber QB, who won that award with almost nothing at WR, come here to throw to a pretty darn good WR corp, backed by a very good defense.

Ill I tell you.

Jets fans want a guy who has won MVP, leading the league in TD passes with a 113 rating while rushing for 1200 yards in that same season. What idiots. 

It's not like Lamar is one of the greatest offensive players to grace the league, or anything like that. 

• Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, derp said:

There’s no way SF does that, right? It’s a shame because taking the deal Miami did from SF was just glaringly obvious and not having done that really sets the team back. 

Could be sitting here with effectively the exact same team plus a little ammo and decide what QB they want to make a move for in this class.

It is my long-held belief that San Fran traded up to 3 in anticipation of Team Wilson pulling an Eli Manning on the Jets, and when that didn’t happen, Lynch took the guy he wanted in Trey Lance, but Shanahan wanted no part of. Shanahan plays who he wants, and a lot of those draftees fall by the wayside as a result. Given that Purdy looks like a stud, Lance is going to get Trey Sermon’d anyway, so why wouldn’t they flip him for the guy Shanahan originally wanted? From the Jets perspective, you trade out an extremely unpopular, polarizing but traitsy draft pick for an even more traitsy, but unknown draft pick so Douglas saves face unless Wilson becomes a star in San Fran…which is unlikely. You get rid of Zach, and his mom, and Steve Young. Sign whatever vet and work on developing Lance in the background. Wins all around. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It is my long-held belief that San Fran traded up to 3 in anticipation of Team Wilson pulling an Eli Manning on the Jets, and when that didn’t happen, Lynch took the guy he wanted in Trey Lance, but Shanahan wanted no part of. Shanahan plays who he wants, and a lot of those draftees fall by the wayside as a result. Given that Purdy looks like a stud, Lance is going to get Trey Sermon’d anyway, so why wouldn’t they flip him for the guy Shanahan originally wanted? From the Jets perspective, you trade out an extremely unpopular, polarizing but traitsy draft pick for an even more traitsy, but unknown draft pick so Douglas saves face unless Wilson becomes a star in San Fran…which is unlikely. You get rid of Zach, and his mom, and Steve Young. Sign whatever vet and work on developing Lance in the background. Wins all around. 

I dunno if I agree that Purdy looks like a stud, and I think even if they liked Wilson he’s not the same prospect he was when he got drafted. All of the questions you could’ve said were uncertain given his OL have been pretty clearly answered and the answers have been negative.

5 minutes ago, derp said:

I dunno if I agree that Purdy looks like a stud, and I think even if they liked Wilson he’s not the same prospect he was when he got drafted. All of the questions you could’ve said were uncertain given his OL have been pretty clearly answered and the answers have been negative.

Unless Purdy melts down in the playoffs, it’s hard to see how Lance holds any value to them as a backup option, and the bet here is that Shanahan would rather work on Wilson than Lance anyway. Wasn’t the thought that Shanahan wanted Mac Jones? It’d be trading spare part for spare part. Why wouldn’t Shanahan agree to that? 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Unless Purdy melts down in the playoffs, it’s hard to see how Lance holds any value to them as a backup option, and the bet here is that Shanahan would rather work on Wilson than Lance anyway. Wasn’t the thought that Shanahan wanted Mac Jones? It’d be trading spare part for spare part. Why wouldn’t Shanahan agree to that? 

So I think you overrate Purdy’s significance for them. He’s a product of his circumstances IMO and isn’t putting up big numbers.

Lance is bigger and more athletic than Wilson without two years of horrific tape at the NFL level. In a vacuum Lance has tons more trade value than Wilson. You’re betting on a tremendous amount of hubris from Shanahan - which is possible. But I think this underestimates how damaged an asset Wilson is. I think they’d have to add a 2 or 3 to Wilson to get Jordan Love for example so I don’t know why he’d get Lance in return.

Great bring in injury prone QB who runs before throwing almost always and with Zach as back up.  Awesome.  I like having BreeceHall, Bam and Carter take care of almost all the running.    Throw the ball to G Wilson should be #1 on list. Not scramble towards perpetual injury and missed time.  The Ravens ae not the Raiders... they are not in rebuilding mode.  I'm still scratching my head why the Ravens are so willing to move him out.  They are playoff contender and dont want him.  For me, that's a huge warning.