Lamar Jackson talk is completely triggering me

JohnnyLV

https://www.nfl.com/players/lamar-jackson/stats/#:~:text=Career Stats,QB Career

Lamar is not ever going to stay healthy from this point on. He's not playing QB now because he can't run, not because he can't play QB. He understands that if the opposition knows he can't run he can't play QB he will be exposed as a bad QB and will not get paid his 40 mil or whatever stupid team would make him that rich. Why should he expose himself as a one dimensional player that anyone with a brain knows he is ? 

I hope to god the Jets don't even think about making this move because these type of QB's NEVER win SB's and always get exposed in the playoffs. If you want to pick the outlier season of Cam Newton and his MVP year and how I had to listen to all the crap on this forum on just how great he was when I told you all he would break down you can go that route but no SB was won . 

If you told me Lamar was in-distructable and would never get hurt running for 1200 yards and still be able to actually throw the ball because of that running threat. I would still tell you no on Lamar because at some point a great defense will step up stop him running the football and beat him. Its already happened a few times . 

Running QB's do win in the NFL but they don't consistently win playoff games and they never ever win SB's

• Upvote 3

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Do you have any idea how expensive he's going to be for the Jets? You're talking mega contract and several draft picks. It'll make the Broncos look like they got Russell Wilson for a bargain. Again, I'm not selling the farm for Lamar Jackson. I don't think he's worth it. My opinion. You act like Lamar Jackson is the only option for the Jets. Get real.

It’ll be two 1st round picks if they designate him the “non exclusive tag”.. it’s a no brainer of a move. And we don’t know what these other “options” are. If we lose out on Carr than who? Jimmy G? He’s injured all the time 

Just now, Smashmouth said:

https://www.nfl.com/players/lamar-jackson/stats/#:~:text=Career Stats,QB Career

Lamar is not ever going to stay healthy from this point on. He's not playing QB now because he can't run, not because he can't play QB. He understands that if the opposition knows he can't run he can't play QB he will be exposed as a bad QB and will not get paid his 40 mil or whatever stupid team would make him that rich. Why should he expose himself as a one dimensional player that anyone with a brain knows he is ? 

I hope to god the Jets don't even think about making this move because these type of QB's NEVER win SB's and always get exposed in the playoffs. If you want to pick the outlier season of Cam Newton and his MVP year and how I had to listen to all the crap on this forum on just how great he was when I told you all he would break down you can go that route but no SB was won . 

If you told me Lamar was in-distructable and would never get hurt running for 1200 yards and still be able to actually throw the ball because of that running threat. I would still tell you no on Lamar because at some point a great defense will step up stop him running the football and beat him. Its already happened a few times . 

Running QB's do win in the NFL but they don't consistently win playoff games and they never ever win SB's

Boomer take

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2023 at 3:30 PM, GangGreened said:

Lamar Jackson is terrible idea. It’s sad fans want to mortgage everything for an injury prone, less than stellar passer who has awful numbers in the playoffs. The Ravens are smart not to give him Deshaun Watson money.

On 1/13/2023 at 3:45 PM, Rangers9 said:

I’d say don’t sign other team’s damaged goods esp for huge guaranteed contracts. Although at the QB position hard to find someone consistently healthy. 

He's the exact kind of name that you can see them trying to sell us on though.  If we were getting early-career Lamar, that would be one thing.  But he's already at the stage where he can't stay on the field and he plays that style of game that reminds you that NFL = "Not For Long" (HT Jerry Glanville).  And if he doesn't have his legs then what is he?  He's certainly not going to be worth the cost we'd have to pay to acquire him and then sign him long-term.  He's only 26 years old but, for the style he plays, he's old in football years 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Douglas/Saleh want Carr, they can’t really screw around chasing Lamar because they risk ending up empty-handed if the Lamar stuff takes too long, which it should considering the number of suitors. 

If lamar gets dealt he is likely moved closer to the draft at the end of April. Carr would sign in March, or at least agree with a team in February. 
jd would have to listen to back channels and sources to see what’s really going on to take a risk and wait for lamar.

jake asmen said la confora and Albright tweeted that lamar will be dealt per sources. I haven’t found that anywhere or at he very least on here.

apparently Carr’s older brother Darren was liking tweets about carr to the jets, and lamar liked a photoshop of himself in the black jets uniforms. All could be pointless, but it’s off-season stuff.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’ll be two 1st round picks if they designate him the “non exclusive tag”.. it’s a no brainer of a move. And we don’t know what these other “options” are. If we lose out on Carr than who? Jimmy G? He’s injured all the time 

It's worse to tie ourselves to a bad acquisition than it is to have nobody at the position.  Would you rather be in the Broncos' position with Russell Wilson (and his albatross contract) or the Jets' position with nobody but at least we're not weighed down with a horrible contract? 

I get that we're not winning without a QB but at least we currently have flexibility.  And I don't think there's likely to be a realistic answer at the position for us this coming year but I still think we're better off accepting that reality and trying to improve the team in other ways and re-examine again the following year.  

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

The Ravens have had top defenses and have much better coaches than we do. How come they haven’t won a superbowl?

He has not come close to repeating the one great year Lamar had (2019).  And even 2019, he couldn't get it done in the playoffs where the Ravens, #1 seed, was one and done after facing #6 seed Tennessee Titans.  Lamar led the Ravens to a 28-12 loss.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, usanyj said:

If lamar gets dealt he is likely moved closer to the draft at the end of April. Carr would sign in March, or at least agree with a team in February. 
jd would have to listen to back channels and sources to see what’s really going on to take a risk and wait for lamar.

jake asmen said la confora and Albright tweeted that lamar will be dealt per sources. I haven’t found that anywhere or at he very least on here.

apparently Carr’s older brother Darren was liking tweets about carr to the jets, and lamar liked a photoshop of himself in the black jets uniforms. All could be pointless, but it’s off-season stuff.

It's just so typical Jets that when a QB who you can see is breaking down is about to be dealt that the Jets are the #1 in line for him.

This is going to make those 2 meaningless wins in 2020 that much worse.  We're about to screw ourselves over for another ~5 years.  Moves like this are how a team can go 5+ decades without winning.

Just now, Dcat said:

He has not come close to repeating the one great year Lamar had (2019).  And even 2019, he couldn't get it done in the playoffs where the Ravens, #1 seed, was one and done after facing #6 seed Tennessee Titans.  Lamar led the Ravens to a 28-12 loss.  

Because he’s not a top QB in the league. So I have no interest in paying him like one.

Jet fans be desperate. Let’s see if Saleh and Douglas go for the instant coffee.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's worse to tie ourselves to a bad acquisition than it is to have nobody at the position.  Would you rather be in the Broncos' position with Russell Wilson (and his albatross contract) or the Jets' position with nobody but at least we're not weighed down with a horrible contract? 

I get that we're not winning without a QB but at least we currently have flexibility.  And I don't think there's likely to be a realistic answer at the position for us this coming year but I still think we're better off accepting that reality and trying to improve the team in other ways and re-examine again the following year.  

I feel at this point just put yourself in best position to win a superbowl these next 3 years. What QB puts us in the best position? Lamar does. And yes sell the farm for Lamar. The other way hasn’t been working anyway for us all these years, might as well go all in and try to win a Super Bowl. This defense is built to win now. 

• Haha 1

We have a QB in Mike White that showed he can move this offense unfortunately he broke not 1 but 5 ******* ribs. I would much rather pay Mike White low to moderate QB money then go out and get a big dynamic Possession WR to replace that bum Corey Davis than to pay another QB 40 mil and probably lose some good players in the process.

Mike WHite has not had the chance to Play with a consistent OL nor has he had the chance to play with Breece Hall. In the situation next year all our injured players will be coming back and I think White would excel in that situation and save us the extra money to better the entire team . 

You can go out and get the 40 mil guy sure but you will still be lacking at a few important positions and in that case you get exposed in the playoffs. Since MW has already proven he can run this offense well with him still being young I think he deserves the chance to grow just like any other QB. Go out get him a real back up or if you so choose make Zach The Back up and draft a QB in the later rounds to be on the PS and I think you will have a better over all team.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

We have a QB in Mike White that showed he can move this offense unfortunately he broke not 1 but 5 ******* ribs. I would much rather pay Mike White low to moderate QB money then go out and get a big dynamic Possession WR to replace that bum Corey Davis than to pay another QB 40 mil and probably lose some good players in the process.

Mike WHite has not had the chance to Play with a consistent OL nor has he had the chance to play with Breece Hall. In the situation next year all our injured players will be coming back and I think White would excel in that situation and save us the extra money to better the entire team . 

You can go out and get the 40 mil guy sure but you will still be lacking at a few important positions and in that case you get exposed in the playoffs. Since MW has already proven he can run this offense well with him still being young I think he deserves the chance to grow just like any other QB. Go out get him a real back up or if you so choose make Zach The Back up and draft a QB in the later rounds to be on the PS and I think you will have a better over all team.

You would rather Mike White than Lamar Jackson.  Ok. 

• Upvote 1

If I'm JD, I'd do everything possible to sign TB12.  We're a win-now team (before we have to pay big contracts to the young guys) and TB12 is a win-now QB.  He'd be a short-term solution (1-2 years) which would buy us time to figure out a longer-term solution.  Plus he's a winner and would teach ZW the proper approach (if the team is serious about developing him).

He also is a UFA so he wouldn't cost anything but money.

I think he's EASILY the best solution all the way around.  

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Has to be a joke at this point. JD and Saleh are not risking their careers on Mike White 

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If I'm JD, I'd do everything possible to sign TB12.  We're a win-now team (before we have to pay big contracts to the young guys) and TB12 is a win-now QB.  He'd be a short-term solution (1-2 years) which would buy us time to figure out a longer-term solution.  Plus he's a winner and would teach ZW the proper approach (if the team is serious about developing him).

He also is a UFA so he wouldn't cost anything but money.

I think he's EASILY the best solution all the way around.  

He's going to Miami which means we don't have a SB window for the next 1 to 2 years.

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Has to be a joke at this point. JD and Saleh are not risking their careers on Mike White 

I'm a big MFW fan but I haven't seen any indication that JD and Saleh view him as "the guy".  I don't even think they're going to bring him back next year (though I'm hoping against hope that they do).  It's a real shame he broke his ribs against Buffalo.  Would've loved to see a healthy MFW the rest of the way.  But I do think there's something to him not avoiding the rush.  He's as tough as they come but nobody can survive in the NFL taking the kind of punishment he subjects himself to.  Well, maybe Big Ben but he's the only example I can think of.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

True guess we will see what happens. Either way it’s obvious we need a new QB. Hopefully we get one and aren’t left with Jacoby Brisset or Andy Dalton 

As uninspiring as Dalton/Brissett would be, I feel like they would be better than making a splashy move for a guy with an albatross contract. 

I still think TB12 is the best available solution we've got. And he's actually a legit solution because he still puts up huge numbers (even this season where he had all the personal life stuff going on).

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

But they're going to risk their future for a running quarterback whose best days are behind him? I guy who's hasn't done jack sh*t in the playoffs. Come on. I can get Carr for no draft picks, and just pay him. Why would I want to gut my future for a QB who's career trajectory is going to be Cam Newton, and that's no disrespect to Cam Newton because he at least got a team to the Super Bowl. Have you seen the Broncos with Russell Wilson? That's the nightmare scenario right there.

Just say no to Le'Veon Jackson. 

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

But they're going to risk their future for a running quarterback whose best days are behind him? I guy who's hasn't done jack sh*t in the playoffs. Come on. I can get Carr for no draft picks, and just pay him. Why would I want to gut my future for a QB who's career trajectory is going to be Cam Newton, and that's no disrespect to Cam Newton because he at least got a team to the Super Bowl. Have you seen the Broncos with Russell Wilson? That's the nightmare scenario right there.

Just say no to Le'Veon Jackson. 

I’d be fine with Carr or Jackson. Bottom line is Jets will be all in next year and better walk away with one of those guys at least 

27 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Jets aren't a playoff team.  I doubt Mike White signs with us unless we fix the OL.  Mike White doesn't strike me as stupid. 

They’re absolutely a playoff team with a good QB. 

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

irrelevant.  Lamar Jackson off the field up to 50% of the time simply is not worth the cost or risk.  For the 8 or 9 games he sits, I guess we would have Zach ready to go.  Sure he has talent.  Great running QB.  Loves the TE.  Doesn't throw much to WRs. Not worth the cost.

Lol. How is it irrelevant? It’s reality. I’d rather take a chance on someone like Lamar then do nothing with Jacoby Brissett. 
Doesn’t throw much to WRs? Prob because their only best option is a tight end. 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

So you prefer an inury prone broken down running QB to Mike White ? OK.

Baltimore is a pretty smart organization ever wonder why they want to trade Lamar ? 

Mike White has been injured in literally every game he’s ever played in

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’d be fine with Carr or Jackson. Bottom line is Jets will be all in next year and better walk away with one of those guys at least 

I agree the Jets are going all in. I was reading @football guy in the Aaron Rodgers thread. I'm all for Rodgers too. I'm not sure if the Bears are really going to consider trading Justin Fields now that they possess the #1 overall pick in the upcoming draft, but if they do, I think the Jets should be on the phone with them. I bet you Fields cost less than Lamar Jackson. 

6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

They’re absolutely a playoff team with a good QB. 

Lol. How is it irrelevant? It’s reality. I’d rather take a chance on someone like Lamar then do nothing with Jacoby Brissett. 
Doesn’t throw much to WRs? Prob because their only best option is a tight end. 

He's on the decline physically and will be injured way too much.  Totally sick of injury prone QBs.  To give up all that capital and a guaranteed immense contract for a player for whom the odds of being injured are way higher than your typical QB.  

No. 

25 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I feel at this point just put yourself in best position to win a superbowl these next 3 years. What QB puts us in the best position? Lamar does. And yes sell the farm for Lamar. The other way hasn’t been working anyway for us all these years, might as well go all in and try to win a Super Bowl. This defense is built to win now. 

you quoting injuries all over this thread yet you sell the farm for a broken down running QB who has missed more games the last 2 years than any other QB besides Jimmy g . Keep making sense man . What did Lamar do with a very good coach a very solid defense and over all talented team the past 5 years ???? Oh that's right NOTHING yet now that's he's actually starting to break down like any sensible fan knew he would and his productive years are all but over just go ahead and pay him 40 mil and sell the farm ? Ridiculous

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

White gets injured a lot tho, no?

Actually he's had injuries that would have only cost him 1 game other than the Rib's which that hit would have broken any QB's ribs. The other injury he sustained was his elbow hitting a defenders helmet causing a nerve issue and he was back the next week. None of this shows he's injury prone. None of this shows he would miss huge parts of the season either. Playing behind a patch work OL usually causes problems with QB's health and causes the type of injuries MW has sustained. Like Missed blocking assignments letting Milano come free and White standing tough to make that throw. Give Mike White the chance to have a training camp start the season and get him a Big Possession WR and get that OL healthy and I guarantee you he plays well not to mention Breece Hall coming back.