do u feel the we have the right coach at the right time ?

the fact that Woody is sticking with Saleh and giving him a third year after once again a implosion on offense during the last bunch of games , that took a 7 and 4 team with hope into once again lets talk about next year ...  been around since the early 70's sadly have seen it all 

not sold on him myself 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I would Much prefer the Jets made a play for Payton... We have a young team & with an experienced successful HC I see a Much More Productive & Lasting Future... I'm not too keen on how saleh has handled the team in his tenure here... he seems lost & unsure of what he's doing. 

• Upvote 1

sadly i feel the same at times he has that look in his eyes of bring lost , especially with time management.  just like all those in the past from the years after Parcells . I agree would of like to see full house cleaning on coaching staff , especially with guys like Payton and Mcvay in the markets . 

but our Jets are run just like years before looking for off season championships and headlines during the off season and not during the season.. 

• Upvote 1

No .. I feel like part of the offensive struggles have to be coming from the same defensive genius theory that you just have to play safe on offense ... Their defense will win the game.

It's been proven wrong year after year , regime after regime, and yet the Jets never learn from this mistake.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

No.  Huge collapse the second half of the season.  Poor clock management.  It seems like Saleh continues to make the same mistakes and hasn’t learned from these mistakes.  Since it looks like he’s coming back, there needs to be a drastic improvement or this has to be his last year.

• Upvote 1

I think most of the very good to great head coaches are intelligent.  After 2 years of watching Saleh, I am convinced he just isn’t very smart. From poor clock management, to poor adjustments, to poor game planning, to poor post game press conferences, he is never going to out coach anyone. He will never be a net positive for the team. 

Sadly, a new QB or OC may do just enough to save him. But this team will never reach its full potential with him as head coach. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, PepPep said:

I've said this about MLF. 

Its hard to judge a coach who doesn't have a QB. 

Ulbrich was a laughing stock last year. His defense dead last. The Jets draft Sauce and sign Reed. Boom. Top 5 defense. 

Saleh has never had decent QB play. Who? Zach? Mike White? Flacco? Streveler?

My guess is if he had a legit starting QB, this is middle of the  pack offense and this team goes to the playoffs, probably makes some noise and this is considered a successful season to build on. And nobody says a word about Saleh's ability as a coach.  

Just saying. Saleh may not be a genius head coach. But you gotta have the horses to win.  

I’m glad someone brought up how many wanted lubricant launched because the defense was bad.  The same does go for the offense except milfy didn’t get his unit to play as a team very well. This in spite of sporadic qb play. Ulbrich got the defense to buy into salehs system and, for the most part, it worked well.

20 hours ago, Dunnie said:

No .. I feel like part of the offensive struggles have to be coming from the same defensive genius theory that you just have to play safe on offense ... Their defense will win the game.

It's been proven wrong year after year , regime after regime, and yet the Jets never learn from this mistake.

the offensive struggles are 95% the fact we have sh*t at qb, our oline was sh*t and our best offensive player (breece hall) got hurt

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

the offensive struggles are 95% the fact we have sh*t at qb, our oline was sh*t and our best offensive player (breece hall) got hurt

The HC runs the show ... the offense was sh*t  regardless, and to me it looked like an EXTREMELY conservative bullsh*t approach. Don't lose the game.

Edited by Dunnie

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Robert Saleh aka Bobby Salad is a fraud.   We would have had a better season with the AI program running the team.

Saleh gets hired as a well-respected guy, defensive, by the Jets, a notoriously bad franchise.

How does he get offensive coaches?  He gets someone he know to take an upward move.  Smart.

But he knew that MLF was not really ready.   So he brought in Knapp.  Knapp tragically passed away.  I think he would have needed even more help than Knapp.  

Did he not ask for it?  Did Woody and JD not approve the budget?  We don't know. 

But just like when Sean McVay (see other thread) got elevated to a HC role and brought in Wade Phillips to basically run the defense, Saleh did not do the same thing on offense.  He will pay for it.  

• Upvote 1

Maybe. I think Saleh is a below average coach at the moment mostly because his clock management needs to get better. I’m hopeful he can become a league average HC. Which, as long as you have a good QB, is good enough to be successful.

I think we have the right coaches on defense and special teams though. The biggest issues on our team are:

1) QB

2) Offensive coaching staff

3) Saleh Clock Management

4) OL health and consistency

18 hours ago, freestater said:

I think they're going to halfass the qb search and we're talking about who the next HC is going to be this time next year, unfortunately. 

This is honestly where I'm leaning.  They'll bring in a clear upgrade but no one who will legitimately threaten Zach's claim long-term.  

do u feel the we have the right coach at the right time ?

With Gase, it was 100% no from the second him name was raised as a potential.

With Saleh, when he was hired, yes, and I had hope he would be, despite yet again another rookie DEFENSIVE Head Coach.....

At this time, no.

Not sure I'd fire him today, I respect the "needs time" concept, and even the "steady improvement" concept more with Saleh than, for example, Zach Wilson (who IMO is irredeemable as an NFL player based on what I've seen to-date).

As with QB, at this point in time I'd strongly prefer both a Head Coach and a starting QB with an actual resume of some success at the NFL level.  i.e. Veterans. 

It still galls me that our head Coach today could be Mike McCarthy and our starting QB Kirk Cousins, and we'd all be looking forward to our playoff game this weekend.

But I'm willing to have JD (who I would keep as of now) decide to retain Saleh for one more season.  2023 would determine his ultimate fate.

Not really. I think he’s taking advantage of Woody.
Funny .. I've thought this from time to time .. like Saleh was just kind of using the Jets to get some experience.

But I'm not sure that is possible in the NFL.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

The two guys the jets let walk during the coaching search: daboll and McCarthy are in the playoffs. As is a 3rd we didn’t even bother to bring in for an interview: Pedersen.

Pederson said right away that he was burned out and wanted to take a year off. I’m sure JD tried everything, but to no avail. The fact that we didn’t have the # 1 pick made his decision easy. Interesting how refreshed he was when Jacksonville came calling with Trevor. 

30 minutes ago, section314 said:

Pederson said right away that he was burned out and wanted to take a year off. I’m sure JD tried everything, but to no avail. The fact that we didn’t have the # 1 pick made his decision easy. Interesting how refreshed he was when Jacksonville came calling with Trevor. 

You’re “sure?” How? I mean i can understanding assuming but “sure” usually means you have some basis.