Reported List of Jets OC Candidates Surprisingly Thin on Experience or Success

JetNation

Apparently McDaniel wanted to take Caley to the Raiders, but Belicheat blocked it. Caley then declined to extend his contract, so is free to go elsewhere this year: 
https://985thesportshub.com/listicle/albert-breer-nick-caley-might-already-be-out-the-door/

I mean he doesnt have the resume and McDaniel liking him is a negative. Unless he is in charge of filming the other team’s practice I am not interested

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Its been said many times by many people but ignored and even made fun of by several Jets fans. Would you take a job where if your department has a bad year next year, by no fault of your own, you would be fired? No good candidate is coming here. The sooner people realize this, the easier the disappointment will be.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Meh. Any job in the NFL is a risk. You take one when you can get one, especially a promotion. They just need to be sold on the QB plan…whatever tf that is. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Cool, another passing game coordinator.   Nice to see Saleh learning from past mistakes…Lol. 

My take on this is that Saleh is intimidated by the potential of someone that may be able to easily replace him. 

sh*t goes bad up until week 8 or 9, and Frank Reich is your OC? Maybe Woody steps in and blows sh*t up, hands the reigns over until end of season. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, AFJF said:

But why?  Why even consider somebody who has never done the job before?  How about casting a wide net of experienced play callers?  They bring in a rookie OC and that dude has to be a prodigy to save their jobs.

I hate to inform you, but despite what you may think, there's not a long line forming up of good experienced play callers who are jockeying for this position  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FootballLove said:

This is just weird. Successful, veteran OC's with a good track record of coaching up young QBs aren't looking for work. I would never have guessed.

Except Greg Olson is available and teams are reportedly still making calls.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

I hate to inform you, but despite what you may think, there's not a long line forming up of good experienced play callers who are jockeying for this position  

Teams shouldn't be waiting for coordinators to show up at their door.  Be the aggressor and find out what it'll take to get guys to come in.

22 minutes ago, JTJet said:

My take on this is that Saleh is intimidated by the potential of someone that may be able to easily replace him. 

sh*t goes bad up until week 8 or 9, and Frank Reich is your OC? Maybe Woody steps in and blows sh*t up, hands the reigns over until end of season. 

They’ve never fired a HC during the season. 

Let’s wait and see some of the other names before jumping to conclusions. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, JTJet said:

can you give us a few examples of where a HC was fired and an assistant on staff was hired to be the full time replacement? i don't think that happens a lot.

lets think about it logically... if the jets suck next year it's likely because the offense is still terrible.. so why would OC get a promotion?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

can you give us a few examples of where a HC was fired and an assistant on staff was hired to be the full time replacement? i don't think that happens a lot.

lets think about it logically... if the jets suck next year it's likely because the offense is still terrible.. so why would OC get a promotion?

I didnt say full time replacement. 

Hire Greg Olson. period. he is more qualified than any of the other so called interviewees ... this is not that difficult...but like the fools in WDC, they think its improtant to have the right optics rather then substantive substance. What a cluster F...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, AZSOJ said:

Hire Greg Olson. period. he is more qualified than any of the other so called interviewees ... this is not that difficult...but like the fools in WDC, they think its improtant to have the right optics rather then substantive substance. What a cluster F...

Yeah, it’s a joke that they’re even ******* around with these unknowns kids for OC. It’s a one-year tryout position—if Caley or whoever is worth sh*t around the league, they’re not even entertaining taking the Jets gig. The Pats openly stated that they’re going to hire a new OC this offseason, but they’re letting this guy walk. Saleh and Douglas have to man up, admit they have no Plan B for Zach being a nuclear bust, and just hire Bevell or Olson to come in a clean up their mess on the offensive side of the ball. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, it’s a joke that they’re even ******* around with these unknowns kids for OC. It’s a one-year tryout position—if Caley or whoever is worth sh*t around the league, they’re not even entertaining taking the Jets gig. The Pats openly stated that they’re going to hire a new OC this offseason, but they’re letting this guy walk. Saleh and Douglas have to man up, admit they have no Plan B for Zach being a nuclear bust, and just hire Bevell or Olson to come in a clean up their mess on the offensive side of the ball. 

The giants winning today changes things. Woody cannot continue to listen to JD’s garbage nonsense that all Zach needs is a new OC.  He hates the Maras and the giants and his face is getting rubbed in it bad now plus this team was good enough to make the playoffs we just had nothing at qb

Woody is signing one of Brady, Carr or Rodgers now.  Lamar Jackson is also in play

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Ok so all these offensive coordinator candidates look like total azz.  Just a simple question to the knowitall Jets fans how is the patriots TE coach or Brian Schottenheimer or Darrell Bevell - what is the plan with these guys to make Zach Wilson into Pat Mahomes?

I think they are just looking for clear positive steps but it's entirely possible Zach never plays another down for us too. It wouldn't shock any of us if they went for Carr or Lamar

I think they are just looking for clear positive steps but it's entirely possible Zach never plays another down for us too. It wouldn't shock any of us if they went for Carr or Lamar
I expect Lamar. .. and I expect him to suck for the Jets.

I'm hoping irrationally for a legend QB in his last throws of playing. TB12 or Rodgers.

But acknowledge that the team probably overpays for a guy that will be injured 50% of his career since the OL cant protect him.

I'd much prefer to build a rock solid roster with 'good' or developing QBs.

A Dodge Viper ain't a Ferrari, Maserati or Lamborghini.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

The giants winning today changes things. Woody cannot continue to listen to JD’s garbage nonsense that all Zach needs is a new OC.  He hates the Maras and the giants and his face is getting rubbed in it bad now plus this team was good enough to make the playoffs we just had nothing at qb

Woody is signing one of Brady, Carr or Rodgers now.  Lamar Jackson is also in play

Woody loves the Mara's.  He had great makeup sex with them when the Olympic committee blew off NYC bid.  

Brady will probably be on Miami next year.  

• Haha 1

The Chargers and their brilliant Brandon Staley defense with Joey Bosa, Derwin James and Asante Samuel had 5 turnovers against the Jaguars.  They lost.  

The Chargers have to hire an offensive HC to maximize Justin Herbert.  I don’t know what the Jets were thinking with Saleh, MLF and Zach Wilson.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/16/2023 at 9:05 AM, varjet said:

The Chargers and their brilliant Brandon Staley defense with Joey Bosa, Derwin James and Asante Samuel had 5 turnovers against the Jaguars.  They lost.  

The Chargers have to hire an offensive HC to maximize Justin Herbert.  I don’t know what the Jets were thinking with Saleh, MLF and Zach Wilson.  

Just fired Joe Lombardi !!