Report: Jets ‘doing homework’ on Bills QB Joe Brady

maury77

24 minutes ago, heymangold said:

He at least has NFL experience as an OC

“Briefly”. The qualities that I’m looking for are communication, teaching, adjustments, flexibility and strategery. A young guy can have that of course but the first cut on the candidates list should be years in the NFL imho

33 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

This is the most intriguing name so far mentioned.....

Everyone knows he was a hot shot offensive mind a few years back(Interviewed for Jets HC job in the last search) and didn't have the greatest results in Carolina, but it definitely wasn't all his fault. 

After a year working with Josh Allen I wonder if he's ready to make the leap again. Sometimes it takes that 1st failure to learn from and get back on track. Also a good sign that Saleh isn't really married to scheme, and willing to bring in an innovative mind. 

I agree. Maybe the year away from being an OC allowed him to reflect and become a better coordinator. 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"But McCarthy only won one Super Bowl....."

Jets Fans, lol.  No to McCarthy, no to Kirk Cousins, got it.

McCarthy since we skipped on him:  30-20, 2 playoff seasons out of 3.  (Jets 13-37 same period).

Cousins since we failed to seal a deal, 5 seasons, 1 missed game, 46-33-1 as starter, 20,934 yards, 153 TD to 50 INT.

Jets over same period, 9 different QB's and numbers so putrid they're not worth writing down.

But yeah, Cousins and McCarthy, that sure woulda sucked.  Thank god we dodged those bullets, right!

So, who is out next rookie Head Coach and 1st round draft QB, I'm excited!

Not-perfectism in action

24 minutes ago, Larz said:

“Briefly”. The qualities that I’m looking for are communication, teaching, adjustments, flexibility and strategery. A young guy can have that of course but the first cut on the candidates list should be years in the NFL imho

It was more experience than MiLF had!  Hopefully he learned from it - then built on that under Dorsey and McDermott.  He’s the most intriguing option in my opinion.

• Sympathy 1

I don’t know about picking the bills oc.  There might be some reason that we can’t see but the guy has a pretty gifted qb in Allen and receiver in diggs and those guys can make on offense look good, especially if Allen runs.  See how the bills would be if they told Allen to stay in the pocket and never run. The offense is just not that good.

But since we’re looking at guys ( or want) guys who can teach the players maybe Brady is the guy. One issue is he won’t come on board until the bills get knocked out. It could be a while.

14 minutes ago, heymangold said:

It was more experience than MiLF had!  Hopefully he learned from it - then built on that under Dorsey and McDermott.  He’s the most intriguing option in my opinion.

That’s kinda my point. It would seem like touching the stove again to make sure it’s hot lol

he also went backwards to QB coach. We just disagree 

2 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

After a year working with Josh Allen I wonder if he's ready to make the leap again. Sometimes it takes that 1st failure to learn from and get back on track. Also a good sign that Saleh isn't really married to scheme, and willing to bring in an innovative mind. 

I'm not really for or against Brady at this point, but this logical fallacy that guys who work with the best QBs are the best coaches needs to go.. on top of that Allen's number dropped quite a bit (not that I think it's Brady's fault), but I just don't think 1 year working Allen has demonstratably changed his knowledge or abilities on being an OC. 

I'd find more weight that their staff has like 2 or 3 former OCs (psst, Saleh/Douglas) on it.  

• Upvote 1

I'm not really for or against Brady at this point, but this logical fallacy that guys who work with the best QBs are the best coaches needs to go.. on top of that Allen's number dropped quite a bit (not that I think it's Brady's fault), but I just don't think 1 year working Allen has demonstratably changed his knowledge or abilities on being an OC. 
I'd find more weight that their staff has like 2 or 3 former OCs (psst, Saleh/Douglas) on it.  
The unexplained accuracy improvement is intriguing though. That attribute rarely improves.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Lol and Scarlett Johansson has a freckle on her butt. 0/10

McCarthy sucked in GB, Rodgers couldn’t wait to get rid of his antiquated offense.  He went to Dallas and had the team turn on him and his approach, lots of turnovers, lots of penalties, lots of poor play and 6-10.  Makes the playoffs the following year with a 12-5 record and loses to the 10-7.  This year, lots of talk about bringing in Payton. 
More than an ass pimple, he’s not good.  

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

That statement wasn't a stamp of approval either way for Brady....just stating the man's current role 

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’d prefer a guy who has overachieved with what he has. This guy has an elite unicorn QB to work with. Is it just a Gase/Manning situation? How about the QB coach for San Fran or something? 

San Fran:

Has the best defense in the league that creates nothing but turovers

Has George kittle

Has deebo samuel

Has christian mccaffery

Has perhaps the best oline in the league.

Just now, Beerfish said:

San Fran:

Has the best defense in the league that creates nothing but turovers

Has George kittle

Has deebo samuel

Has christian mccaffery

Has perhaps the best oline in the league.

3rd string rookie Mr. irrelevant QB looking like the best jets QB in 8 years

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

Its great that the Jets are doing their homework on Joe Brady.  Didn't they interview him for HC awhile back?  

He was great at LSU, not so great in Carolina, and now is assistant to OC (not OC) in Buffalo.  

Yup, interviewed him for HC before Saleh was hired.

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

His numbers went up slightly

(inappropriate)

The following stats are lower for Allen in the 2022 season compared to the 2020 or 2021 seasons:

Completions

Completion Percentage

TDs

Yards

Sacks are up

Joe Brady had zero to do with Allen. He was still in Carolina. 

Edited by jeremy2020