Should we really trade for a QB with these stats?

slimjasi

I don't know if Rodgers still has any motivation to play, but part of his lackluster performance is due to a lackluster roster. The last few years in GB has been like the ghost of christmas future for any team that thinks they can survive on a big name QB alone. The more you spend on QB the less you have to spend everywhere else. If you can't develop a young team around a highly paid QB, the offense will rarely produce value for the QB's contract. 

IMO Rodgers is not worth his contract and he doesn't seem interested in playing with much intensity. It would be like Farve all over again but we already have a Mark Sanchez on the team. 

That said, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Douglas tried to bring in a coveted name at QB to attract a reputable OC. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

QBR - 39.4 (26th in the NFL - behind Matt Ryan!)

Completion Percentage - 64.6 (20th in the NFL - behind Mac Jones!)

Yards per attempt - 6.8 (23rd in the NFL - behind Zach Wilson and Russell Wilson!)

Age - 39

Is this worth multiple first round picks?

Absolutely not.

I get that the Jets absolutely LOVE to obtain future HOF'ers in their last check-cash'in years in the NFL.

But no.  Nope.  Nada.  No thank you.

Not the kind of Veteran I want.

Not @ $50M/season and not at the cost of several 1st round picks.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Absolutely not.
I get that the Jets absolutely LOVE to obtain future HOF'ers in their last check-cash'in years in the NFL.
Tbh .. there are NO veterans I'm drooling over.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yards per attempt - 6.8 (23rd in the NFL - behind Zach Wilson and Russell Wilson!)

Age - 39

That, after coming off 2 consecutive League MVP’s, I’d give him another shot…

the main issue I see for Rodgers in deciding to play for the jets is that he doesn’t/didn’t have the best relationship with his HC, saleh’s best friend.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Age - 39

Where was it reported that trading for Rodgers would require multiple 1st rounders?  Is this really the case, or would it be more a matter of GB trying to clear cap space and move on to Jordan Love?

14 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Where was it reported that trading for Rodgers would require multiple 1st rounders?  Is this really the case, or would it be more a matter of GB trying to clear cap space and move on to Jordan Love?

Oh, it would cost a lot. I’d be very surprised if it didn’t. 

A-Rod’s stats picked it up once Christian Watson became a target. I don’t think the Jets will get him, but I don’t think he’s done in the NFL. We are talking about the guy who won the last two MVP awards.  He lost Davante Adams. Give him Garrett Wilson and watch out. 

• More Ugh 1

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Oh, it would cost a lot. I’d be very surprised if it didn’t. 

You could be right.  Who knows?  I see it a lot differently.  Given the stats you alluded to in your OP, given the perpetual drama, given needing to decide on Love's 5th year option soon, given the team probably needs a rebuild, I'd be surprised if GB wouldn't deal Rodgers for a modest return to get out from under that contract.  Whether Rodgers is worth it to the Jets or anybody else is a separate matter...

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Absolutely not.

I could see Jets doing this if they still have asinine hope in the future of BYU. Bring in a Carr, that dream is over since he will want and get 5+ years. Rodgers or Brady is a 1-2 year bandaids giving one more shot (gag) for Twerp Wilson before his rook deal is up.

25 minutes ago, jgb said:

I could see Jets doing this if they still have asinine hope in the future of BYU. Bring in a Carr, that dream is over since he will want and get 5+ years. Rodgers or Brady is a 1-2 year bandaids giving one more shot (gag) for Twerp Wilson before his rook deal is up.

Yaw mad a him so you don’t caw him his name

its really obnoxious