However unlikely, If the Jets sign Tom Brady poll

JETS SB

If the Jets sign Tom Brady  

140 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets sign Tom Brady

• I will love it, forget about the past - We want a Super Bowl
    • I will throw up in my mouth a little - But still cheer for him
    • I will take a hiatus from being a Jets fan until he retires

As much as I hate the guy, he would likely bring us pretty far in the playoffs and possibly to a Super Bowl, with the group we have, adding a couple of offensive lineman. But then again, its like dressing up Jabba the Hutt and taking him out on a date.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

What about the option that I wouldn’t care on a personal level but don’t think he has the goods any longer?

This would be my only caveat......at 46 years old how much does he have left? 

Otherwise...if I knew I was still getting the Brady from a year ago I'd be all for it....the banter about disowning the team if we were to sign him is childish IMO 

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

This would be my only caveat......at 46 years old how much does he have left? 

Otherwise...if I knew I was still getting the Brady from a year ago I'd be all for it....the banter about disowning the team if we were to sign him is childish IMO 

Yup, but had to put it as an option, since he is likely the most hated Jets opponent in our history... and the vote is confirming that.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, undertow said:

Brady to the Jets is the dumbest discussion in Jets land.....there's zero chance New England God Brady is ruining his rep by playing with the Jets....it's like Jeter playing for the Red Sox....plus it's pathetic any Jets fan would want this.

Many times, players at the end of their careers, left to sign with a rival and teams they hate (Favre to Vikings, Terrell Owens to the Cowboys, Marcus Allen to the Chiefs). Brady wants to win. If he looked at the roster realistically, he is the missing piece. Bring a 3rd team to a super bowl and it’s his hated rival who hasn’t won in 50+ years?

1 minute ago, JETS SB said:

Many times, players at the end of their careers, left to sign with a rival and teams they hate (Favre to Vikings, Terrell Owens to the Cowboys, Marcus Allen to the Chiefs). Brady wants to win. If he looked at the roster realistically, it could be his last hoorah. Bring a 3rd team to a super bowl and it’s his hated rival who hasn’t won in 50+ years.

Imagine thinking the NY Jets are the best place for Brady to win. lol

10 minutes ago, undertow said:

Imagine thinking the NY Jets are the best place for Brady to win. lol

Very few teams are just a QB and a few pieces away from being a legit contender to compete for a super bowl. I think the Jets are there and Brady could even choose his own OC. 

6 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

I don’t think he comes here, but at the same time there’s still enough bad blood between him and BB for it to at least be possible. It could be enticing to sweep the pats and win a bowl with Jets to end his career. 

Imagine those games against the Pats in Foxboro. 

The only player I ever vetoed watching Jets games over was the Dogkiller, Mike Vick.  My morals > my fandom.

I will not watch a Tom Brady-led Jets.  That is my starting point if it happens.  

Maybe I'll relent, who knows, but watching our single-most-hated-rival play for us is everything that I find wrong with the modern "no real rivals, who is on your fantasy team" NFL fandom mindset.

I'd rather lose with some else than win with Tom Brady or Bill Bellichek.

JMO, you're all entitled to your own.

• Upvote 2

It's not about liking or disliking Tom Brady.  I used to hate him but have given up whatever animosity I had against him; grudges in sports are asinine and mean nothing.

It's about Brady's reputation and the Jets' reputation.  If Brady came here and won a SB, it would be about Brady and not the Jets.  You'd look back in the history books and see "And here's the time Tom Brady won a superbowl for the Jets." or "Brady brings Lombardi trophy to bottom-feeder Jets."

I don't hate Tom Brady or even care about him but I am NOT interested.  The Jets need to earn their own respect.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

It's not about liking or disliking Tom Brady.  I used to hate him but have given up whatever animosity I had against him; grudges in sports are asinine and mean nothing.

It's about Brady's reputation and the Jets' reputation.  If Brady came here and won a SB, it would be about Brady and not the Jets.  You'd look back in the history books and see "And here's the time Tom Brady won a superbowl for the Jets." or "Brady brings Lombardi trophy to bottom-feeder Jets."

I don't hate Tom Brady or even care about him but I am NOT interested.  The Jets need to earn their own respect.

Great point. Didn’t think about it that way. 

8 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Great point. Add this to the list of other reasons not to bring him here:

1) Maybe the most hated opponent ever.  When it gets to this time of year, my favorite team is whoever is playing vs Brady and/or the Pats (I'm a big Cowboys fan this week)

2) He's very old

3) I'm very concerned that he's not that good any more

4) He's retired once already

5) He's an a$$hole

6) I'm so freaking sick of watching him play for any team.  I'd be physically ill watching him play for the Jets

• Post of the Week 1

There’s a lot the team and coaches could learn from Brady that could be beneficial to the team even after he retires.  
I hate him much less since leaving the Pats, and it showed how good he really is, vice always wondering who made who in foxboro. 

I could tolerate it for the benefits it would bring. 

Semper Fi 

47 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I think u nailed it

46 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The only player I ever vetoed watching Jets games over was the Dogkiller, Mike Vick.  My morals > my fandom.

I will not watch a Tom Brady-led Jets.  That is my starting point if it happens.  

Maybe I'll relent, who knows, but watching our single-most-hated-rival play for us is everything that I find wrong with the modern "no real rivals, who is on your fantasy team" NFL fandom mindset.

I'd rather lose with some else than win with Tom Brady or Bill Bellichek.

JMO, you're all entitled to your own.

You seem like a good poster and a knowledgeable guy, but I just don't understand this take.  You can have a real rivalry yet understand that a player is great and accept that they'll make your team better.  Imagine Yankees fans back in the day like "Babe Ruth?  **** that guy...I don't want no Red Sox trash here".

It's whatever.  Brady didn't kill dogs.  He was a great QB who clapped our cheeks for 2 decades.  Yeah, that sh*t sucked, and I hated him.  I hated him in the same was I hated Chipper Jones as a Mets fan.  He brought me a lot of pain and suffering but I respected the greatness and sure as hell would have preferred him on my team.  

Who knows if he even wants to come here, but pretending like we should be like "nah thanks" at one of the all time greats who still - in his worst season this past year and at 46 years old - put up the kind of numbers that Carr supporters point to as why we should be bringing him in.  In reality I do think JD and Co. would prefer a short-term option so they can attempt to salvage Zach, instead of being forced to take the L this offseason.  I'd be surprised if Brady is on some kind of "do not want" list.  In fact he's probably on a short list of guys that they would target.  

Not watching because of Brady wearing Green and White?  I just can't relate to that.  

• Post of the Week 1

As a person I have nothing against TB. I always thought most of the cheater talk was sour grapes on our part. He seems to be an ok person off the field. But as a Jets fan I just don’t like the guy. If he signed with the Jets which he won’t (but who ever thought Favre would sign here) I’d still root for the Jets. 

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

You seem like a good poster and a knowledgeable guy, but I just don't understand this take.  You can have a real rivalry yet understand that a player is great and accept that they'll make your team better.  Imagine Yankees fans back in the day like "Babe Ruth?  **** that guy...I don't want no Red Sox trash here".

It's whatever.  Brady didn't kill dogs.  He was a great QB who clapped our cheeks for 2 decades.  Yeah, that sh*t sucked, and I hated him.  I hated him in the same was I hated Chipper Jones as a Mets fan.  He brought me a lot of pain and suffering but I respected the greatness and sure as hell would have preferred him on my team.  

Who knows if he even wants to come here, but pretending like we should be like "nah thanks" at one of the all time greats who still - in his worst season this past year and at 46 years old - put up the kind of numbers that Carr supporters point to as why we should be bringing him in.  In reality I do think JD and Co. would prefer a short-term option so they can attempt to salvage Zach, instead of being forced to take the L this offseason.  I'd be surprised if Brady is on some kind of "do not want" list.  In fact he's probably on a short list of guys that they would target.  

Not watching because of Brady wearing Green and White?  I just can't relate to that.  

I think it's a generational thing, as I said.  Generally, not always.

To each their own (and thank you for the compliments btw).

I think he's the GOAT.

And I don't want him, and happily I don't think there is any real-world scenario where he comes here, same as Rodgers.