What would you give for Geno back?

SoJetsy

Geno is pretty decent. He was a top QB prospect coming out of West Virginia some projected as top 5 but as I recall he didn’t play well in some games his last year and he fell to us in the 2nd round. So maybe he’s living up to his original projection to be a franchise QB. As for him returning here NO!

32 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I find the weird fascination to use Geno to bash the Jets pretty telling.  It’s been 7-8 years. The chargers and giants both rostered him. Yet the talk is all about the Jets for not keeping a 2nd round underachieving broken jawed QB 

Go to the game thread, there are Jets fans rooting for Geno and Seattle to stick it to the Jets?  How?  Why?  

I was listening to the game on the radio. The announcers said the Seahawks will "try to get Geno to take", a 3 year contract for between 80 and 90 million.

The announcer said I know that sounds crazy. But that is what he thought.

Let the games begin. If teams go after him, he could break 100 million. He had a crazy good year though. 70% completion % and over 4,200 yards. No joke.

Full disclaimer: I own his jersey from his Jets days. Wore it once lol.

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Don’t players usually go to whoever pays them the most

No. While they are always going to try to get the most money, they want to go where they think they can win. That’s why top tier free agents generally won’t go to CHI or HOU or any other team that is at the beginning of a rebuild; NFL careers are too short for that.

11 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

No. While they are always going to try to get the most money, they want to go where they think they can win. That’s why top tier free agents generally won’t go to CHI or HOU or any other team that is at the beginning of a rebuild; NFL careers are too short for that.

So shouldn’t he come to the Jets then? We got the better roster than Seattle

16 hours ago, SoJetsy said:

It’s not a fluke he’s good now.

He's good now, but I don't want him on the Jets.  He does very well behind a good offensive line, where he has time to throw.  Under pressure, I see him throwing interceptions, fumbling the ball and not protecting the ball when there is pressure on him from the D line.

I saw some really good things from Geno near the end of his tenure with the Jets, but I saw some things from him that I would not want repeated if he were to come back to the Jets.  There is a reason he went to several other teams after the Jets.  

I'm happy for Geno, for the great year that he had this year, but am skeptical of him long term.  And with a great offensive line that can block, there are a bunch of QB's that could fill the void for our team.  The Geno days are behind us, and that's where I would like them to stay.