Watching Purdy is sickening

Bronx

JD and Saleh had the right idea to duplicate the Shanahan system.  The 49ers are not going to pay $40mm/yr to any QB, and they will find success with guys like Jimmy G and Purdy.  I don't know what they are thinking with Lance.

MLF was a failed experiment.  He was undersupported, he was not up for the job, and he was given crap to work with.  But if the Jets now go off and give up on this idea, I think it sets them back.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, pointman said:

Perfect example of why we need to take a QB every draft, even late. You never know who is going to be solid. 

I'm starting to think this is what we need to do...just take a QB every year in the 1st round until we finally pick a good one. lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

I'm starting to think this is what we need to do...just take a QB every year in the 1st round until we finally pick a good one. lol

I have a better idea, rather than playing QB lottery, lets get a competent staff in here, who knows what they are looking at, and doing, and can turn Mr. Irrelevent into a good starting QB.

Anyone who thinks Purdy would be doing this on the Jets, send me a DM, I have a nice Statue on an Island I can sell you, cheap

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Perfect example of what a great roster and great coach can do for a QB

Perfume can make garbage smell different, but in the end it still stinks. Purdy might not be A-A-Ron in his prime, but he sure isn't Mike Garbage White.

Edited by pointman
CAN! CAN! CAN MAKE GARBO SMELL DIFFERENT!
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Perfume can't make garbage smell different, but in the end it still stinks. Purdy might not be A-A-Ron in his prime, but he sure isn't Mike Garbage White.

Holy hell, put Mike White behind that line with that team and playcalling, he would be every bit as good if not better than Purdy, Jets fans are the most unknowledgeable fans on the planet

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Holy hell, put Mike White behind that line with that team and playcalling, he would be every bit as good if not better than Purdy, Jets fans are the most unknowledgeable fans on the planet

Stop yourself. Your arrogance pretending you know more than other fans is actually pretty pathetic. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Shrugs, its not hard to know more than this fan base, the idea of a QB lottery pick is up there with the tooth fairy. Do you still put your teeth under your pillow hoping for a dollar?

Yeah, pathetic. Let me guess, you once played JV in high school?

• Upvote 1

Totally agree Zach Wilson with a good OLine has a chance.

OLine is the only issue I care about this off-season... Glad someone else sees it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

what does where I played having anything to do, with anything? You have no idea who I am, I have no idea who you are. But what I do know is the idea of a QB lottery pick is tooth fairy esque

Happy Tooth Fairy GIF by Crest

We are talking about your vast football knowledge over other Jet fans, remember? You of course gained this plethora of information somewhere along the line. Keep up. For someone so smart, you're not showing so well here.

Just now, pointman said:

We are talking about your vast football knowledge over other Jet fans, remember? You of course gained this plethora of information somewhere along the line. Keep up. For someone so smart, you're not showing so well here.

I worry more when you tell me I sound smart, it may make me stick my tooth under my pillow

28 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Zach looked pretty bad before and after the injuries. 

Why am I not surprised that some are using Mr. Irrelevant going 332/3/0 in his first playoff game his rookie year as an argument that BYU doesn’t blow?

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, undertow said:

Frustrated Keyboard GIF

shrugs, I am detached from the Jets. the Jets are more a bad habit at this point in my life than a passion like they once were. Im just letting you guys know that until we get the right coaching staff in here, nothing else matters. There is no lottery QB pick, it doesn't work like that. 

Good coaches find and develop good QB's, not the other way around. The evidence is in the NFL for years and years, but Jets fans want to ignore it. Like we have just had bad luck all these years.

Let me let you in on a secret, there is no strategy in luck. Its like trying to hit the lottery. Competence is the key in life, just like football

shrugs, I am detached from the Jets. the Jets are more a bad habit at this point in my life than a passion like they once were. Im just letting you guys know that until we get the right coaching staff in here, nothing else matters. There is no lottery QB pick, it doesn't work like that. 

Good coaches find and develop good QB's, not the other way around. The evidence is in the NFL for years and years, but Jets fans want to ignore it. Like we have just had bad luck all these years.

Let me let you in on a secret, there is no strategy in luck. Its like trying to hit the lottery. Competence is the key in life, just like football

Ok you seem angry tho maybe lighten up a little shrugs

• Haha 1

Just now, undertow said:

Ok you seem angry tho maybe lighten up a little shrugs

Im not the one who posted a pic of someone smashing their head into a keyboard bloody, not angry at all Kemosabe, I find this board entertaining. A bunch of grown men yelling about playing the QB lottery, yeah, if we draft 17 more QB's, one of the 17 will be able to deal with the complete and utter ineptitude of this organization and coaches, keep on keepin on

13 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Look, the biggest troll on the board liked your post, I think you are on to something, maybe you are right after all

Didn't even check. Why? Not fragile like you. We never got to the root of your impressive resume of why you are so superior to the rest of us. Was I right about the JV in HS? 

Just now, pointman said:

Didn't even check. Why? Not fragile like you. We never got to the root of your impressive resume of why you are so superior to the rest of us. Was I right about the JV in HS? 

Lets just say, I have this amazing thing, its called a brain. I know, I know, for some people that sounds scary, to actually have this brain thingy magigy, that actually lets you collect information, and use logic to process information, and come to conclusions that don't involve emotions and fairy tails. Does that help? Or do you need me to draw some pictures?

4 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You really think the Jets can develop a late pick when they can’t develop good picks? It’s all random? 

I think we can't develop sh1t so we need to hit on someone who is good on their own. It can happen. Not all these guys are being coached into greatness. Everyone was exceptional in college if they are being drafted. Keep picking and sooner or later we will hit. Maybe not in our lifetimes but in one of our grand childrens. 

• Upvote 1

Lets just say, I have this amazing thing, its called a brain. I know, I know, for some people that sounds scary, to actually have this brain thingy magigy, that actually lets you collect information, and use logic to process information, and come to conclusions that don't involve emotions and fairy tails. Does that help? Or do you need me to draw some pictures?

No lie, I actually cringed reading your post just now. 

• Upvote 1