Jets OC interviews (Merged OC Candidates Thread)

Larz

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

The brilliant idea was to fire Lafleur with any concrete idea what the alternatives might be. There was no thinking this all through. RWetaining Lafleur would have been proferabelt to this new game of musical chais. whe  the music stops, youe can be assured the jets don't have a chair. they'll end up with who ever is left to take their $. Like Nat Hackett.

Not good. 

Definitely proferabelt. How do you know what ideas they had?

The only stint that he had that was worth a damn was one with an offensive minded HC and a HOF QB....that's a red flag if I ever seen one

Every other QB he's touched has descended into a trainwreck(EJ Manuel, Blake Bortles, Russ WIlson)

This would be more of Saleh going with connections over the best person for the job 

?

• Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, kmnj said:

that would be actually the worst possible guy in football they could bring in-bringing in a guy worse than the guy you just fired(who was not good himself)

his offenses were terrible.

the broncos were a total trainwreck with him-they have talent too even if you think russ is washed

hard pass on this hire 

You mean the 1 that lead the NFL in scoring 2 straight years and had Aaron Rodgers with 91 TDs and 9 INTs in 2 years?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Jets fans: LaFleur has got to go he sucks; all these guys they are interviewing have no experience, we should have just kept LaFleur; these has beens that they are interviewing all suck, they should have just kept LaFleur.

This. It's an absolute shame that he was let go despite the fact that JD chose the wrong QB in the draft two years ago and haven't provided any good alternatives over that time span, and some of the critical players that he did draft or acquire got hurt.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I understand (if perhaps not agree) that an ancient Rodgers is the best shot at a 2023 Super Bowl for the Jets.

With that said, how much of the organizations future are you willing to mortgage for that shot (and it'd only be a shot, far, far from a sure thing it would even work out).

• Rodgers will cost $50M/year, minimum, for multiple seasons guaranteed.  
  • To acquire him will cost several 1st round picks and then some, minimum.
  • And at that price point, we do start having limited ability to sign other, new players and our own FA's.

If a defacto one-year shot with Rodgers worth the next several years worth of the team's ability to financially/roster-wise compete?

Maybe it is.  I don't know.

But it's one very pricey one-year shot.

I think if Rodgers is traded, many will be surprised by the compensation.  I don't think it will take multiple 1st round picks given his age/threats at retirement.  I could see a conditional (Rodgers being on the roster for 2 years) 2024 first getting it done, with the pick getting knocked down to a 2nd rounder if he retires after 1 year

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

A few thoughts.

1) Rodgers is not coming to the Jets.  Are Jets fans really falling into the same trap as Broncos fans last year?

2) Pursuing Hackett signals that parting with LaFleur was indeed mutual.  LaFleur wanted to leave and pursue other opportunities as much as the Jets wanted a fresh face and a scapegoat for their struggles.  Hackett is so close to the LaFleurs and essentially runs the same offensive system.  If the Jets want continuity on offense, Hackett makes a ton of sense.

3) Pursuing Hackett suggests that the Jets feel that execution was the main problem on offense, not the system or playcalling themselves.  I've been saying the same for much of the season.  The Jets left a ton of plays on the field this season (off target throws to open receivers, drops, missed reads, failure of the quarterback to gain yards and first downs on the ground when the space was there, and poor run blocking in the second half of the season).

• Upvote 4

If hired, hopefully this time he can ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................hack it.

I'll be here all day.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I understand (if perhaps not agree) that an ancient Rodgers is the best shot at a 2023 Super Bowl for the Jets.

With that said, how much of the organizations future are you willing to mortgage for that shot (and it'd only be a shot, far, far from a sure thing it would even work out).

• Rodgers will cost $50M/year, minimum, for multiple seasons guaranteed.  
  • To acquire him will cost several 1st round picks and then some, minimum.
  • And at that price point, we do start having limited ability to sign other, new players and our own FA's.

If a defacto one-year shot with Rodgers worth the next several years worth of the team's ability to financially/roster-wise compete?

Maybe it is.  I don't know.

But it's one very pricey one-year shot.

i really doubt it's going to cost more than 1 first round pick.

i think GB would love to get rid of him.

Just now, batman10023 said:

i really doubt it's going to cost more than 1 first round pick.

i think GB would love to get rid of him.

I guess we'll see, but I honestly think some of you are dreaming on this.  

But maybe GB wants rid of him vastly more than I think, who knows.  Price will tell the tale, presuming he actually leaves GB (which I still doubt happens).

They're not going all in on Love, IMO.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I really thought he’d be the hire because of Zach Wilson. Hughes had him as the front runner a few days ago. 

He might have been the Jets frontrunner, just not Bevells. This is a job for a desperate OR younger coach who needs a shot and experience. We probably should go with desperate and experienced and not take a flyer on the young guys this cycle. 

• Upvote 1