Jets OC interviews (Merged OC Candidates Thread)

Larz

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Lamar has been wanting to get away from Roman for a while now.

You sure as hell don’t want Roman if you want Lamar.

Lamar wanted to get away from the guy who built a scheme to maximize his talent? He won a league MVP under Roman. Sounds stupid.

I am not big on getting Lamar because I worry about his availability but I think Roman would be a home run hire.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don't know enough about Byron Leftwich, but what I do know is that Todd Bowles has been a full-time HC for 5 seasons and has fired 4 offensive coordinators. Have to wonder if some of it has to do with Bowles himself. 

Bowles is an excellent DC who, like Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, and many others, belongs at the coordinator level

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Lamar wanted to get away from the guy who built a scheme to maximize his talent? He won a league MVP under Roman. Sounds stupid.

I am not big on getting Lamar because I worry about his availability but I think Roman would be a home run hire.

It doesn’t make sense to me either. Don’t know if it’s personal or Lamar is just dead set on being in a more traditional offense and throwing the ball more.

From an X’s and O’s standpoint, Roman is literally perfect for him.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

It doesn’t make sense to me either. Don’t know if it’s personal or Lamar is just dead set on being in a more traditional offense and throwing the ball more.

From an X’s and O’s standpoint, Roman is literally perfect for him.

Is this a fact?  I thought his issues w/ the Ravens were feeling slighted by the organization for not paying him/thinking he's worth the value.

Just now, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

He resigned, wasn't fired.  Maybe he did this because JD has been having conversations with him.  I don't want Jackson either though.

Or maybe he's like, this team is dumb and is going to make me coach Tyler Huntley to 12.5 pts a game vs. paying Lamar what he's worth?

Idk I'm just being silly because this is one of the most bizarre stories in sports.  Like, a 26 year old QB, former MVP is going to leave his team?  It's legit, never happened. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFields said:

Is this a fact?  I thought his issues w/ the Ravens were feeling slighted by the organization for not paying him/thinking he's worth the value.

I’ve heard it a few times over the last two years now.

No “inside sources” or anything. One of my buddies is a big Ravens fan and I’ve heard it from him, a few talking heads on TV have mentioned it in the past, etc.

If it isn’t some sort of personal beef, then the only thing I can think of is that Lamar believes he can be one of the elite guys in a traditional offense without all of the designed QB runs and heavy RPO concepts.

• Upvote 3

Sign him with the title of Offensive Coordinator and asst. Head Coach. This way it will be an easier transition for the Team when the Jets Fire Saleh after the 3rd game next season.
Better yet…why wait ! Just replace Saleh this afternoon, so we can just get on with this nonsense.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’ve heard it a few times over the last two years now.

No “inside sources” or anything. One of my buddies is a big Ravens fan and I’ve heard it from him, a few talking heads on TV have mentioned it in the past, etc.

If it isn’t some sort of personal beef, then the only thing I can think of is that Lamar believes he can be one of the elite guys in a traditional offense without all of the designed QB runs and heavy RPO concepts.

Interesting because I recall Jackson glowing about how important Roman was to him and the team, etc.  And I also remember, Roman, not Harbaugh, defending Jackson's injury saying stuff like you can rush these types of things, etc.  While Harbaugh was butt hurt acting like Jackson was milking it and clearly frustrated he wasnt sacrificing for the team (the same team that wont pay him), meanwhile, his teammates were reporting he was walking w/ an obvious limp.

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2023 at 1:39 PM, football guy said:

Total teams who have a current OC or HC vacancy (will likely be in the market for a new OC): 

1. Arizona Cardinals* 
  2. Baltimore Ravens
  3. Carolina Panthers* 
  4. Denver Broncos* 
  5. Houston Texans* 
  6. Indianapolis Colts* 
  7. Los Angeles Chargers
  8. Los Angeles Rams
  9. New England Patriots 
  10. New York Jets 
  11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 
  12. Tennessee Titans 
  13. Washington Commanders

Teams who could lose their current OC to other jobs: 

• New York Giants 
  • Philadelphia Eagles 

... could be another few weeks before we find out who will be our OC

Updated

On 1/17/2023 at 1:39 PM, football guy said:

Total teams who have a current OC or HC vacancy (will likely be in the market for a new OC): 

1. Arizona Cardinals* -
  2. Carolina Panthers* 
  3. Denver Broncos* 
  4. Houston Texans* 
  5. Indianapolis Colts* -
  6. Los Angeles Chargers 
  7. Los Angeles Rams
  8. New England Patriots 
  9. New York Jets 
  10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 
  11. Tennessee Titans 
  12. Washington Commanders
  13. Baltimore Ravens

All have QB issues except Chargers. 

• Upvote 1

Roman is one of the best in the league at designing a running game going back to his days with Harbaugh and then Rex, but Ravens fans are throwing a party now that he finally got the axe. I would stay away from him. 

Also, for the Lamar fans, this is not the guy you want. Lamar wants to get as far away from him as possible. This is actually a positive sign for his return to the Ravens....

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Um LOL ? If he did all those things then why get rid of him ? Just say the truth that there were different directions the organization wanted to go. Don't tell us how great he was then dump him that's just a bunch of nonsense

• Upvote 1

Just now, carlito1171 said:

Roman is one of the best in the league at designing a running game going back to his days with Harbaugh and then Rex, but Ravens fans are throwing a party now that he finally got the axe. I would stay away from him. 

Also, for the Lamar fans, this is not the guy you want. Lamar wants to get as far away from him as possible. This is actually a positive sign for his return to the Ravens....

O ok so Lamar and the Ravens fans are now the prime time guru's on where and where not to hire an OC . We should check there often to see if we made the right calls. 

• Haha 2