Jets OC interviews (Merged OC Candidates Thread)

Larz

1 hour ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

This clown was coordinator in Buffalo for a while under Marrone and he was awful! Maybe he's improved but I suspect his success in GB was down to Rogers more than anything else

When you’re “working” with Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning (Gase), your “work” carries No weight.

Anyone with the name Hackett is a Pass.  That’s how I know they’ll hire him, they’re sadists against the fans.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

When you’re “working” with Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning (Gase), your “work” carries No weight.

Anyone with the name Hackett is a Pass.  That’s how I know they’ll hire him, they’re sadists against the fans.

I would hire him as the senior Offensive advisor or w/e after Rodgers comes on. His best attribute is "Maybe Rodgers comes" haha not ideal.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

The Jets have stated they want to emphasize running the ball. This guy needed an in-his-prime Marshawn Lynch to gain one yard, and opted to throw instead.

This reminds of when Josh McDaniels bailed on the Colts. He did us a favor.

I cant believe how many people judge someone off 1 play in their career.  Bevell was a good candidate, but I cant fault him for staying in a warm climate, with a better coaching situation, better QB and saving 8% of his income. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I did not want the guy but now that he has tuned us down I am enraged at Douglas and Salehfor not getting Bevel, the best candidate for the job.

Jets fans enraged we didn't hire Darrell Bevel or Paul Hackets son....we are in a very sad place in Jets history. lol

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

*It just might be a loyalty thing.

*Another possibility is that he likes their chances in Miami and thinks that we are a poorly run franchise.      

If I'm not mistaken, he has only been in Miami for one year. It's a bad look to quit after only one year and that ties in with your loyalty thing.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

If I'm not mistaken, he has only been in Miami for one year. It's a bad look to quit after only one year and that ties in with your loyalty thing.

Try to rationalize it but no one cares if you take a promotion. Look at any coach they’ve worked for like 6 teams including rivals. Rivals are a marketing ploy. These guys all consider themselves part of the same fraternity.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I don't blame him.  He's working for McDaniel in Miami who has a big connection to Mike LaFleur.  Bevell just watched LaFleur, a first time OC, get canned after just two seasons because his 14th ranked offense went down the sh*tter after losing Breece Hall, AVT, and watching Zach meltdown.  If you were Bevell would you come here for a, "Put up big points in 2023 or you're fired too!" job? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

By the time this is over, many of us are going to wish they just let MiLF get better.

The vast majority of these candidates are not upgrades….

I tend to agree.  Not sure about the diplomacy within the NFL but in my business if am considering a change I meet with candidates first and determine if there are any with the attributes I am seeking that are available and interested.  Then I offer them the job.  Assuming they  accept only then do I tell the previous employee that he is being moved or terminated.   It just doesn't make sense any other way to be walking around with your hat (dick) in your hand letting everyone know you are desperate.  They could have run this process as though they were seeking a seasoned veteran that would work with the current staff exactly as they had announced they were doing publicly. Then if said candidate blows you away you simply state:  "i changed my mind this guy is too good to pass up and he's only coming as OC, sorry Mike."  Another downside of hiring your best buddy's brother:  you have to take the high road when the down low road is certainly the better play in what is a highly competitive business.  Hell MLF would still being getting paid if we fired him 2 weeks later so there was no rush to let him go without a replacement in place.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

if this happens i may definitely boycott watching. dude is a total pos OC. worse than his sh*tty father

Yeah sure you will. If everyone boycotts for one reason or another, as many times as they say it, there will be no fans left. Other than the real ones, of course. 

49 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

By the time this is over, many of us are going to wish they just let MiLF get better.

The vast majority of these candidates are not upgrades….

Agreed, when there was talk of him leaving or being fired I was only in favor if I thought we would get a better candidate.  MLF made errors in the first few years but he was a rookie and like rookie players often coaches get better as they learn.

In any case the more important thing is the QB.

• Upvote 1