Jets OC interviews (Merged OC Candidates Thread)

Larz

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

@johnnysd Maybe, maybe not. I never pretend to understand what is possible under the salary cap. 

I just think it’s gone so badly for Zach here that it would be best for all involved if he got a fresh start somewhere else. It’s very hard to imagine him putting all of this behind him and figuring out how to be an NFL QB as a Jet. basically what Shane said. 

I could see him becoming a backup somewhere, eventually getting another chance to start, and putting it all together down the road with another franchise - similar to Geno

If Zach Wilson goes to another team and ends up being anything of merit.......

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, C Mart said:

So “casting a wide net” isn’t a plan of attack? 

Is a plan of attack going after 1 or 2 candidates and then being turned down by them or they decide to go elsewhere? 

Jets don’t even have a QB. They don’t have an identity. They have zero clue what they’re doing. That much I’m sure of. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The NFL nepotism is unreal, like an exclusive country club.  The same guys, and their brothers, sons, etc., all get recycled from 1 team to another.  

Owner handshake agreements.  “Got fired?  No problem, I’ll give you a job with my club!”

And the problem is?

• Haha 3

I don’t think this would be that bad of a hire at all.  His offense was 12th in yardage and 14th in scoring in 21 with Vikings.

If you insert say Derek Carr or Garroppolo into the QB position next year and I’d say that would be VERY similar to the 21 Vikings offensive roster in terms of overall talent.  

Cousins numbers were better in 21 under Kubiak than this year under O’Connell.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t think this would be that bad of a hire at all.  His offense was 12th in yardage and 14th in scoring in 21 with Vikings.

If you insert say Derek Carr or Garroppolo into the QB position next year and I’d say that would be VERY similar to the 21 Vikings offensive roster in terms of overall talent.  

Cousins numbers were better in 21 under Kubiak than this year under O’Connell.

If its a packaged deal to get Gary to come as a senior advisor I'd pull the trigger on this. I don't think we can do much better than that.

28 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It’s usually not the post itself but the overwhelming need for some poster to share how they feel about it and not realize nobody gives a sh*t. Sometimes it’s ok to just laugh and move on. 

Touché

disappear homer simpson GIF

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s good we’re going after Hackett and Kubiak fresh off of sh*tting the bed with a loaded Broncos offense.

Lol

By many accounts prior to the start of the season, their coaching staff was supposed to be solid. Also I vaguely remember there being reports that Russell Wilson came into Denver acting like a massive douchebag and it poisoned the locker room. I guess the Jets are trying to find out if that's the case? ?

Regardless I agree with you. It's a bad look for the team.

• Upvote 1