Jets OC interviews (Merged OC Candidates Thread)

Larz

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

What are you talking about?  That was a maybe from a poster on this board, for one specific possible interviewee.  Total speculation 
So that makes it a clown show.  OK.  

Saleh said his intentions, wtf are you talking about? 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Saleh said his intentions, wtf are you talking about? 

Saleh said his intention was to hire an OC and then a separate play caller?  For any and every OC candidate?  Or did he say he wasn’t opposed to bring in two offensive coaches if one is green?  
Thats inept?  A clown show?  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Did Joe Douglas even interview Daboll?

That’s who I wanted. Say what you want about Josh Allen, but the bust potential was very high with him. What he did with him was all I needed to see. What he’s doing with Daniel jones just bums me out. That guy knows how to develop raw, project type QBs…like Zach Wilson. Not sure he wanted to coach here though.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

That’s who I wanted. Say what you want about Josh Allen, but the bust potential was very high with him. What he did with him was all I needed to see. What he’s doing with Daniel jones just bums me out. That guy knows how to develop raw, project type QBs…like Zach Wilson….

Like Hackenburg and Jamarcus Russell and Jake Locker too? Man that guy is the best aint he

3 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Like Hackenburg and Jamarcus Russell and Jake Locker too? Man that guy is the best aint he

Hackenburg had no potential. Russell was too busy spending money and drinking sizurp. Jake locker retired early because he didn’t like playing football…

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Team archer said:

Zach is garbage, its ok to admit.

I am not a Zach Wilson lover. He is terrible. I wanted the team to trade that pick to the highest bidder. With that being said, it was obvious to most that Zach was a high ceiling project pick. To get the most out of those kind of guys, you need the right coaching staff. Daboll has proven with his last two qbs that he can pull it off. Daboll will be coaching the giants for a very long time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Saleh said his intention was to hire an OC and then a separate play caller?  For any and every OC candidate?  Or did he say he wasn’t opposed to bring in two offensive coaches if one is green?  
Thats inept?  A clown show?  

You didn’t even hear his intentions but you’re attacking me for criticizing it?  Lol oh Jetnut you’re adorable. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JiFields said:

You didn’t even hear his intentions but you’re attacking me for criticizing it?  Lol oh Jetnut you’re adorable. 

You claim he said that they’re hiring a young OC without play calling experience and a senior guy to call plays. That’s the plan Saleh has talked about an it’s a clown show. 

Im saying it’s not his intention.  Not from what I’ve read.   That’s it

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You claim he said that they’re hiring a young OC without play calling experience and a senior guy to call plays. That’s the plan Saleh has talked about an it’s a clown show. 

Just out of curiosity, do you ever get tired of being the voice of reason in a sea of hysterics? I commend you for your tenacity but it has to be exhausting.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Just out of curiosity, do you ever get tired of being the voice of reason in a sea of hysterics? I commend you for your tenacity but it has to be exhausting.

If the voice of reason is agreeing with every single thing the jets have done over the last 10 years then maybe you have something there.

For all the right coaching moves, Gm moves, great players, right free agents, etc etc the jets have an amazing lack of playoff games

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If the voice of reason is agreeing with every single thing the jets have done over the last 10 years then maybe you have something there.

For all the right coaching moves, Gm moves, great players, right free agents, etc etc the jets have an amazing lack of playoff games

I meant more of the taking a measured approach on certain things like the OC interviews. Most of the people they have been linked to have been on playoff teams staffs. People are going nuts about interviewing Patullo and the guy from the Pats, cant think of his name right away and don’t care enough to look it up. Now that Miami has been eliminated Bevell should be available for interviews. I think possibly Tuesday some of the non bye playoff teams coaches can do zoom interviews. When the list gets narrowed down if it appears that another newbie is a finalist then I may be concerned, but certainly not in the beginning stages.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Sure that’s what it is.  

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I mean, no offense but you can feel however you want but I'd say you're feelings are off base observing the behaviors and actions of the team.  If something else transpires cool, I'll comment on it and if I like it, I'll praise the decision.  But right now?  I'm currently commenting on what's being reported and what Saleh himself has said about his strategy because that's the only information we have right now.  In this example, we are participating in a thread reporting on who the Jets are interviewing for OC.  These particular candidates have no play calling or OC experience.  In fact, all reported candidates so far have zero play calling an/or OC experience.  So the behaviors and actions of this team so far indicate that their intention is to hire an inexperienced play caller and have his job overseen by a Snr. Offensive whatever, despite your feelings.  And IMO that is stupid and a continuation of the clown show operation that is the NY Jets.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, JiFields said:

In fact, all reported candidates so far have zero play calling an/or OC experience.  So the behaviors and actions of this team so far indicate that their intention is to hire an inexperienced play caller and have his job overseen by a Snr. Offensive whatever, despite your feelings. 

No that’s not what it says, it says so far they’ve interviewed candidates without play calling exp.  That doesn’t mean their wide net of candidates will all been inexperienced, they may actually be working and won’t available etc. and the Snr whatever was Saleh saying he wouldn’t be opposed to it, not any hire without playcalling exp will be assigned someone.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

No that’s not what it says, it says so far they’ve interviewed candidates without play calling exp.  That doesn’t mean their wide net of candidates will all been inexperienced, they may actually be working and won’t available etc. and the Snr whatever was Saleh saying he wouldn’t be opposed to it, not any hire without playcalling exp will be assigned someone.  

Holy sh*t dude, I'm not commenting on their "wide net" and hypothetical candidates.   I'm commenting on the report that was shared, in THIS thread because that's the ******* topic of the thread.  lmfao  My gawd

6 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Holy sh*t dude, I'm not commenting on their "wide net" and hypothetical candidates.   I'm commenting on the report that was shared, in THIS thread because that's the ******* topic of the thread.  lmfao  My gawd

No, you’re claiming something no one has said is a requirement and then claiming it’s wrong and a clown show.  But you can’t stop saying it.  You’re think a handful of interviews and a post by a fan and you have all you need.  Stop

• WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, you’re claiming something no one has said is a requirement and then claiming it’s wrong and a clown show.  But you can’t stop saying it.  You’re think a handful of interviews and a post by a fan and you have all you need.  Stop

I never said any of that, I'm commenting on the report.  I swear you make sh*t up just to argue with yourself.