Jets OC interviews (Merged OC Candidates Thread)

Larz

32 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

found it interesting that his daughter is a 4 year starter on the BYU softball team same years Zach was there.

Bevell is a Mormon, just like Zach. Maybe bonding over polygamy, magic underwear, and the great Jewish people who are commonly referred to as the Sioux People will create a rapport between the two, in hopes that it helps Zach reach his potential.

• Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Bevell is a Mormon, just like Zach. Maybe bonding over polygamy, magic underwear, and the great Jewish people who are commonly referred to as the Sioux Indians will create a rapport between the two, in hopes that it helps Zach reach his potential.

we've seen Zach. his problem is fear and mental ability. you don't really "fix" those 

• Upvote 2

Just now, mrcoops said:

Bevell is the best name linked to the job so far. He has a good track-record as an OC, that call on the goal-line in the Superbowl aside.

Tua is massively improved under Bevell, and the Phish had their 3rd string 7th round rookie playing better than our starter.

You guys are playing right into the hands of @T0mShane.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

Bevell isn't an exciting name, but he has experience and has been very good at times. His reputation has been tarnished because he chose to take a job on staffs led by Urban Meyer and Matt Patricia. 

Marshawn Lynch couldn't stand him. Gave him the finger in the middle of a game after hearing his red zone play call.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I’ll give you credit, you aren’t afraid to double down on your stupid takes!!

Listing the beliefs of the LDS faith is MY stupid take???

And before you get on me about it, yes I'm aware that they no longer take on sister wives. Kudos to them for evolving.

I think what interests them most about Bevell is how he developed Wilson and created an offense around a young guy who was not a traditional pocket passer, much like Zach. It doesn’t mean that aren’t going to bring in a vet, but it would mean that they truly do plan to try to coach up Zach.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Bevell and Pep Hamilton are my top 2 choices. We cannot hire an OC who will be learning on the job.

Absolutely - the Jets need to get this hire right, and need to go for someone with experience. Bevell, Olson, Hamilton, even Hackett - get a guy who has done the job at the NFL level before.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Bevell and Pep Hamilton are my top 2 choices. We cannot hire an OC who will be learning on the job.

Someone here mentioned that it was rumored they want to bring in Bill Callahan to coach the O-Line and serve as an advisor to the OC. Personally I love that idea.

Pair him with someone like Pep Hamilton, who has a knack for getting the most out of his QBs.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Someone here mentioned that it was rumored they want to bring in Bill Callahan to coach the O-Line and serve as an advisor to the OC. Personally I love that idea.

Pair him with someone like Pep Hamilton, who has a knack for getting the most out of his QBs.

Callahan MAY still be under contract with the Browns. 

36 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Absolutely - the Jets need to get this hire right, and need to go for someone with experience. Bevell, Olson, Hamilton, even Hackett - get a guy who has done the job at the NFL level before.

Ben McAdoo if Carolina’s new HC doesn’t retain him? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Crock of ass .. totally fixable ... they do it in the military every day.

ok... its a hope and a prayer based on what he's shown.

im ready to have a FQB, just don't think he's on the team yet. I've said all along that I hope Zachenberg can prove me wrong, he hasn't shown that he will.