We missed out big time on Doug Pederson

So you think a coach that goes down 27-0 and makes a miraculous comeback is the guy we all should want? JET fans. Peterson would be eaten alive in NY.

Both teams are just not very good yet. How do you blow that lead? Wildcard teams are usually just not vey good. Free money for the NFL. Fans love it but it rarely goes anywhere.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Because he wanted a year off after being fired by the Eagles.

Yup.  He was never a serious candidate when we had an opening.  We were already well into our coaching search when he was fired in Philly. 

I sometimes thinkn people don't realize that there are 31 other teams in the league.  There will be talented players and coaches that go to other teams.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Marrone is a better coach than we’ve had since fat Rex early 2011.

5 years ago, the Jaguars beat the Bills in the Wild Card round, then the Steelers in the Divisional round, and I remember how much Jets fans were crying how we missed out on Doug Marrone? If my memory serves me correct, a lot of fans were blaming Manish Mehta for writing articles that dissuaded Woody from hiring Marrone. I just find it funny that it's 5 years later and there is another head coach named Doug in Jacksonville that Jets fans are saying we missed on - PRISONER OF THE MOMENT.

Biggest thing the Jets missed out on was that trade package from the 49ers that the Dolphins took, which came after blowing their chance at the #1 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. Swap Trevor Lawrence for Zach Wilson or even Trey Lance at quarterback and I imagine nobody would be saying the Jets missed out on Doug Pederson.

• Upvote 1