Justin Herbert

SoJetsy

I don’t see why people have him as a top 5 QB, guy is 6’6 and throws with low trajectory and gets balls batted down. Herbert cannot get his team over the hump, maybe it’s the organization that always seem to have decent regular season and can’t get it done in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 4
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SoJetsy said:

I don’t see why people have him as a top 5 QB, guy is 6’6 and throws with low trajectory and gets balls batted down. Herbert cannot get his team over the hump, maybe it’s the organization that always seem to have decent regular season and can’t get it done in the playoffs.

Maybe because he's a great young QB. Something we don't have.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, SoJetsy said:

Our hump to the get the playoffs makes Mr. Everest look like a well worn speed bump. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Very good player, but I’ve argued in the past here he is not automatically elite because of the stats he compiled. Context matters, and his inability to elevate the team leaves him in the ‘very good’ category to me, for now.

I'd argue he elevates that team from a 4 win team to a playoff team.

Remember the shot he took in the beginning if the year, and still didn't miss any time?  You don't think he elevated that team playing through that kind of pain?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

he is def a second tier or star QB's....but thats not saying much. he is right behind Allen, Mahomes and Borrow.

Yea, he’s in the top 10. My argument is simply ‘not elite’.

Elite gets thrown around too recklessly, like the term genius.

Just now, chirorob said:

I'd argue he elevates that team from a 4 winter to a playoff team.

Remember the shot he took in the beginning if the year, and still didn't miss any time?  You don't think he elevated that team playing through that kind of pain?

Fair argument.

I expected that team to be a monster this year, mostly because of the defense. You might be into something. Maybe the issue is coaching, too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

1. I guess the Chargers have no running game? They came out throwing in the second half with a 20 point lead and never stopped.

2. Pederson ate up the Chargers DC (and Staley) then spit him out.

3. How amazing was it to watch a team +5 in turnovers blow a lead like that?

As someone who went heavy on the Chargers it was infuriating to watch them abandon the running game.

• Upvote 1