Sunday WIldcard Games Thread

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Not to sound like a jerk here, but every time I look at Daboll I worry about him staying healthy carrying all that weight and having such a stressful job. I really would like to see him take better care of himself.

I get what you're saying, but coaches, especially head coaches, have on more than a few occasions not exactly been in the greatest of physical health.  These days a lot of them are probably in better shape than many of them used to be, what with more former (legit) players taking on the roles, but still far from all of them.

I mean, I feel like we're all just waiting for the day that Andy Reid starts doing commercials about diabeetus.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Offense is fun. Who knew?

Meh, I hate that defense has been wiped out from the league.  Makes the "big plays" far less interesting when they happen all of the time (obviously excluding the team that shall not be named).

And with that, all it takes is one good defensive play for the flags to immediately start flying.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Meh, I hate that defense has been wiped out from the league.  Makes the "big plays" far less interesting when they happen all of the time (obviously excluding the team that shall not be named).

And with that, all it takes is one good defensive play for the flags to immediately start flying.

That's part of the reason why I liked this season more than previous ones. Defense has actually been relevant against pretty much every team. Offenses weren't nearly as dominant.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

That's part of the reason why I liked this season more than previous ones. Defense has actually been relevant against pretty much every team. Offenses weren't nearly as dominant.

I guess that's fair, the regular season was a bit better this year in that department than it has been.  So far in the postseason though it's more like we're watching no-pad scrimmages.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Just no defense at all.

Pretty good money bet that Vikings tie it up on the next drive and, unless they can totally eat up the clock to push it into OT, the Giants get a game-winning FG drive.

Vikings are undefeated this season if the margin of scoring is 8 points or less.