Sunday WIldcard Games Thread

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Lamar got offered a massive contact before the season but wanted the Watson contract which was dumb. He also can’t get off of his mom being his agent. You have to play if you can. Rivers played with a TORN acl. Baltimore winning this game would be the backfires of all backfires. Not traveling with the team is beyond bad. 

Why is it dumb?  Watson is a sex offender off the field, a QB with a near losing record on it, and he’s never won an MVP.  Why settle for anything less than what you are worth?  Especially when teams will treat you like a useless trash bag the second you have less-than-ideal value to them.

Rivers playing with a torn ACL was a monumentally stupid decision, and he did more harm to his team than good.

2 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

Ok...and the offensive was the reason they lost 6 games in a row.  You acting like the defense was already dope before he got here and he just simply neglected the offensive. Everything sucked about this team when he got here. So far, he fixed the defense so get off his ass and let him fix the offensive. But you don't care because you just want something to whine about

No actually I don't want anything to whine about. I want a winning football team and a competent coaching staff. I haven't seen that in over a decade. Saleh is not the answer. He talks a good game but he's a mush and a fraud. He will be fired after next year. You will see. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Why is it dumb?  Watson is a sex offender off the field, a QB with a near losing record on it, and he’s never won an MVP.  Why settle for anything less than what you are worth.  Especially when teams will treat you like a useless trash bag the second you have less-than-ideal value to them.

Rivers playing with a torn ACL was a monumentally stupid decision, and he did more harm to his team than good.

Yeah I wholeheartedly disagree. The guys we remember for playing always played. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The contract absolutely matters.

This guy was teammates with RGIII for years. The man threw his career away for this sort of toxic machismo bullsh*t.

His knee isn’t 100%. He’s yet to get his second contract and his game relies on his legs. He’s completely right to tell them to kick rocks. 

RG 3 was never good. Shanahan knew it too.

56 minutes ago, BP said:

The defense got schooled by pederson, Pete Carroll and Dan campbell when it counted. It wasn’t coaching (see last year) it was an increase in talent.

The false starts, mismanagement of time ad nauseam is on the great defensive mastermind lol do you remember his defense celebrating against the chiefs before they lost the Super Bowl? Just stop! You have salehs balls on your chin

First, you suck all the dicks so keep your gay acts to yourself. Second, the defense held it down like you hold down hand jobs in the neighborhood so I'm not gonna trash Saleh and the defense for the Lions game or the Jaguars game because the offense didn't do a damn thing but keep the defense on the field the whole game. If it wasn't about coaching and only about talent, then how come the offensive didn't improve this year despite having more than last year, dumb ass?

• More Ugh 2

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah I wholeheartedly disagree. The guys we remember for playing always played. 

That’s great that we remember Rivers played on a torn ACL.

I remember it being the reason they didn’t score a single touchdown in the game, and why he threw 2 INTs.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

No actually I don't want anything to whine about. I want a winning football team and a competent coaching staff. I haven't seen that in over a decade. Saleh is not the answer. He talks a good game but he's a mush and a fraud. He will be fired after next year. You will see. 

Sounds like you're proud of that. It's people like you who make me wish I wasn't a fan of this team

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The Ravens have been notoriously cheap in FA when it comes to skill position players, and they’ve been awful at drafting them as well.

So yeah, it actually is the Ravens’ fault.

Yes the franchise that makes the playoffs every year with a HOF coach and two SBs is at fault for Lamar Jackson coming up small in big games...I agree....it wouldn't be the top teams with the best defenses shutting down a one trick pony. 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

You have, hands down, the best wide receiver in football on your team, and you don’t even so much as LOOK at him with your season on the line?  Yeah, the narrative continues for Kirk.

This post is exactly why Kirk makes these stupid throws and decisions.  I, genuinely, believe that the guy would rather go down stat-padding, like he just did, to fool people into actually believing him when he says “It wasn’t MY fault….”, then take the necessary shots needed to win a big game.

I’d take him over the junk the Jets have had. A lot of Jet fans are still butt hurt that he decided to go to another team that he liked the area more and where his money was worth a lot more. You can’t blame him. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

This guy was teammates with RGIII for years. The man threw his career away for this sort of toxic machismo bullsh*t.

His knee isn’t 100%. He’s yet to get his second contract and his game relies on his legs. He’s completely right to tell them to kick rocks. 

This might be true but as a team wanting a QB, why should I want this player if I felt he was only going to play when it suited him?

11 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Why is it dumb?  Watson is a sex offender off the field, a QB with a near losing record on it, and he’s never won an MVP.  Why settle for anything less than what you are worth.  Especially when teams will treat you like a useless trash bag the second you have less-than-ideal value to them.

Are either of you guys giving Lamar Watson’s deal? 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Clipboard Jesus wouldn’t have done better

It was Billy Volek back then.

Not only would he, probably, have done better, but there is a less than zero chance he would have done any worse, which is all that should have mattered. 

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’d take him over the junk the Jets have had. A lot of Jet fans are still butt hurt that he decided to go to another team that he liked the area more and where his money was worth a lot more. You can’t blame him. 

I would too.

That doesn’t mean I’d have any faith that he could win us a big game if he needed to.  That play is a microcosm of why he’s looked at as a choke artist who can’t play under the brightest of lights.  Nothing he’s done, to date, has proven that argument wrong, and plays like that one just reinforce the narrative.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

No but I wouldn’t have given it to Watson either.

I’d be tempted with Lamar. If I felt that playing style would age well I’d be all over it but I can’t imagine him being at the same level in five years time. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If you are asking me if I would give a 26 year old dynamic NFL MVP-caliber QB a fully guaranteed contract in order to get him on the Jets knowing, damn well, that he’s just going to go to the team willing to give that to him (and that there will be one), then yes, I would give him the Watson contract.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It was Billy Volek back then.

Not only would he, probably, have done better, but there is a less than zero chance he would have done any worse, which is all that should have mattered. 

Billy Volek to Drew Bennett was a thing once 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

No but I wouldn’t have given it to Watson either.

I’d be tempted with Lamar. If I felt that playing style would age well I’d be all over it but I can’t imagine him being at the same level in five years time. 

I would presume that the vast majority of GMs in the league will feel the same way, and the owners are going to collude to not give those guarantees to anyone else. Lamar is going to burn these bridges for nothing