Giants

JETSY14

2 minutes ago, JetsAddict said:

My point is that playoffs wise it’s a terrible field. Giants are 1-4-1 against NFC East so it’s not like that’s why they are here. 

The NFC playoff field is awful. One of the worst in sometime. 

1. Eagles: good team that unfortunately suffered key injuries at the wrong time and are crashing and burning down the stretch. 

2. San Francisco: loaded team, but one with a rookie 7th round QB who can blow up at any point

3. Minnesota: 13-4 team with a negative point differential and statistically a bottom 3 defense giving up nearly 400 yds a game. 

4. 8-9 Bucs team coached by Todd Bowles 

5. Typical Dallas team playing it’s worst football heading into the playoffs 

6. Mediocre Giants team that has gotten healthy and hot at the right time. Sounds familiar, but I don’t think they have the defense to win a Super Bowl against Burrow, Allen, or Mahomes. 

7. Seattle: Decent team, but can’t matchup with San Francisco. 

The only team I see beating the Giants is San Francisco, but I worry about Purdy against Martindale. 

Dallas healthy, which they are now, might be the best roster in the league.  Interesting team.  I could see them out tonight but wouldn't be at all shocked if the win the SB.  They have the talent.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Dallas healthy, which they are now, might be the best roster in the league.  Interesting team.  I could see them out tonight but wouldn't be at all shocked if the win the SB.  They have the talent.

all depends on which Dak shows up.  Will it be Dak? Dak? or Goose?

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Giants fans look at Gettleman the way Jet fans look at Idzik and Macc.  Except Idzik and Macc actually stunk while Gettleman gave the Giants Daniel Jones.  

and dex and leonard and xavier mckinney and andrew thomas and saquon and not sam.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

A competent QB should go to the playoffs once in his career? Once? Any team that used Fitz was a desperate team.  

The last New York Jets QB who had a competent season was Ryan Fitzpatrick. 10-6 record. 3905 yard passing with 31 touchdowns. 10-6 makes the playoffs most of the time. He did this with Todd Bowles as a head coach which makes it even more impressive. 

19 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Back home with a night out with my friends. Sitting with a massive migraine as I type this probably from aggravation. Hooters was  packed with Giants fans, and of course the place exploded in jubilation when the game ended. I just sat there simmering in all my hatred and jealousy knowing they have a bright future no matter what happens the rest of the playoffs, while the Jets are at another crossroads with their future with the  QB situation in doubt. There’s been a lot of bickering back and forth on this board with who this QB should be. What most of us agree on is that our QB is not on the roster as of yet. For Gods sake JD give me one of Jackson, Carr, or Jimmy G. 

If it makes you feel any better, the Jets won about as many games as most folks expected.  The problem is they went 7-4 and then lost the rest of their games.   With a Healthy Breece Hall and AVT even with all the issues with OC and quarterback, I think this team wins 1 maybe 2 more games.  Of course I do realize that a couple of their wins were of the freaky variety but hey, every win counts the same in the standings. 

The point is, they are not that far off.  This the most important offseasons of JD and Salehs careers.   If the can get the right OC, a capable quarterback (Carr maybe) find some decent OL and more LB/safety help in the draft, they could win 9 or 10 games next season.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The last New York Jets QB who had a competent season was Ryan Fitzpatrick. 10-6 record. 3905 yard passing with 31 touchdowns. 10-6 makes the playoffs most of the time. He did this with Todd Bowles as a head coach which makes it even more impressive. 

I want nothing to do with him. Zero.  He did what he does. Provides false hope and when it matters, he fails.  

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

When was we last in the playoffs, I can’t remember, my minds not as sharp as it once was?

Even longer.

But the suggestion was the Giants 'rebuild' took two years.  It clearly, did not.  And its not like they were in double-digit wins.  They won two more games than us.  Imagine if we had Daniel Jones this year with the WR group we have?

Daniel Jones is another example of why you don't give up on a QB after a season.

• Upvote 2

Great coaches and great offensive coordinators, make average QBs into winners, with the right complimentary players. The Giants have Saquon Barkley and Daniel Jones (a below average, under-producing QB until this year) and not much else and they are playing in the Divisional playoffs. Their playoff win and success is mostly about their coaches. 

14 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Giants have had two winning seasons since 2013, including this one, but you keep selling that SOJ agenda if it makes you happy!  

Every year they had a winning record in the years you said they made the playoffs.  When was the last time we made the playoffs??

5 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Great coaches and great offensive coordinators, make average QBs into winners, with the right complimentary players. The Giants have Saquon Barkley and Daniel Jones (a below average, under-producing QB until this year) and not much else and they are playing in the Divisional playoffs. Their playoff win and success is mostly about their coaches. 

you want to give them credit for doing what every coach would do and that is center there offense around their superstar player like Barkley? he was 3rd in rushing yards and lead them in receptions. they did the same as Tenn does every year with Henry or any team with a superstar. 

i still think Jones is a below average under producing QB. the Giants probably think that too cause they never offer him a contract at the deadline. in the last 3 years he has less TDs than games played. yeah his comp % went up 3 points but to me he seems like a Mac Jones who can run. 

this will be an interesting off season for them. its a slim QB market so they might have no choice but to sign Jones who wont be cheap. and do they give Barkley that big contract he wants with his injury history? but he is their whole offense.

it probably wasnt good for them long term to make the playoffs and lose out on one of the top QBs coming out this year. i dont think Jones is the guy.

• More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

you want to give them credit for doing what every coach would do and that is center there offense around their superstar player like Barkley? he was 3rd in rushing yards and lead them in receptions. they did the same as Tenn does every year with Henry or any team with a superstar. 

i still think Jones is a below average under producing QB. the Giants probably think that too cause they never offer him a contract at the deadline. in the last 3 years he has less TDs than games played. yeah his comp % went up 3 points but to me he seems like a Mac Jones who can run. 

this will be an interesting off season for them. its a slim QB market so they might have no choice but to sign Jones who wont be cheap. and do they give Barkley that big contract he wants with his injury history? but he is their whole offense.

it probably wasnt good for them long term to make the playoffs and lose out on one of the top QBs coming out this year. i dont think Jones is the guy.

Jones was absolutely great on the road in the playoffs.   The new GM and HC didn't want to give him the option based on his production prior to this year.  It's going to cost them money.  

I would be much happier going forward with Jones right now than either Carr or Lamar.  He showed a lot of leadership this season and stepped up big in the playoffs.   Classic size to pass from the pocket and enough speed and athletic ability to move the chains when things get mucked up.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Jones was absolutely great on the road in the playoffs.   The new GM and HC didn't want to give him the option based on his production prior to this year.  It's going to cost them money.  

I would be much happier going forward with Jones right now than either Carr or Lamar.  He showed a lot of leadership this season and stepped up big in the playoffs.   Classic size to pass from the pocket and enough speed and athletic ability to move the chains when things get mucked up.  

well they had a chance i think it was there bye week which was week 9 to offer him a contract and they didnt. they offered Barkley one and he turned it down.

Jones was bad for 3 years, i dont want to risk it with someone who play ok with a 1300 yd runner for one year. i rather have Carr, hes done it at a high level for longer.

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

well they had a chance i think it was there bye week which was week 9 to offer him a contract and they didnt. they offered Barkley one and he turned it down.

Jones was bad for 3 years, i dont want to risk it with someone who play ok with a 1300 yd runner for one year. i rather have Carr, hes done it at a high level for longer.

Jones was bad for 3 years.  He was also good this year.  He's 25 years old.  He had a good year.  He had a great playoff game.

You penalize Jones for Barkley but don't penalize Carr for Josh Jacobs who actually lead the NFL in rushing this year and averaged 4.9 per to Barkleys 4.4 per.  He also had one of the best WR in the NFL in Adams, Jones had one of the worst WR groups in the league.  

Carr actually sucked in the playoffs last year and Jones was really good in the playoffs this year.  Carr is a desending player and Jones is a rising player who's just entering his prime years.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:08 AM, Biggs said:

They played in a division with 2 of the best 6 teams in the NFL.  The NFC East is by far the best division in the league.  It's not close.   The AFC east has 1 good team in it.  Miami without Tua sucks and so do the Pats and Jets.  

They are a solid division, but just because most of the NFC sucks doesn't mean their division is great. The AFC East was the best top to bottom until the very end of the season. If the Giants were in our division they would be fighting for last place. They had it very easy early on and the Vikings were always winning by the skin of their teeth. I totally believe the Giants would be in last place this year - especially if they had to play our schedule. They get out of the gates 3-5 or 2-6 with our schedule. But hey, you play who is in front of you. Their offense is not very good or talented but they are well coached. 

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

They are a solid division, but just because most of the NFC sucks doesn't mean their division is great. The AFC East was the best top to bottom until the very end of the season. If the Giants were in our division they would be fighting for last place. They had it very easy early on and the Vikings were always winning by the skin of their teeth. I totally believe the Giants would be in last place this year - especially if they had to play our schedule. They get out of the gates 3-5 or 2-6 with our schedule. But hey, you play who is in front of you. Their offense is not very good or talented but they are well coached. 

The NFC had over 500 record against the AFC.  The AFC sucks.  The NFC sucks but slightly less.  MN beat the entire AFC East this year and went 5 and 0 against the AFC.  The Giants just beat them in the playoffs on their field.  If they were in our division they likely beat Miami twice without their starting QB and win at least one game against the Pats.  The Giants beat the Ravens and Jags this year.  We lost to both of them.  

Stop with the BS narrative about the AFC.  The NFL, both divisions are full of bad teams.  The Jets are one of them.  The Giants are in the next tier of decent not great teams.  The league, both divisions are full of them.  There are a couple of elite teams in both conferences.  

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Biggs said:

So was Mike White against the Vikes D , just sayin. 

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The NFC had over 500 record against the AFC.  The AFC sucks.  The NFC sucks but slightly less.  MN beat the entire AFC East this year and went 5 and 0 against the AFC.  The Giants just beat them in the playoffs on their field.  If they were in our division they likely beat Miami twice without their starting QB and win at least one game against the Pats.  The Giants beat the Ravens and Jags this year.  We lost to both of them.  

Stop with the BS narrative about the AFC.  The NFL, both divisions are full of bad teams.  The Jets are one of them.  The Giants are in the next tier of decent not great teams.  The league, both divisions are full of them.  There are a couple of elite teams in both conferences.  

The Giants went 1-4-1 against their division. The Jets went 2-4 against their division.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

So was Mike White against the Vikes D , just sayin. 

Mike White had a QB rating of 59.8 against the VIkings.  3/16 in third down conversions.  2/5 in 4th down conversions.  He was terrible.  Jones had a 114 plus QB rating against them and ran for 78 yards.  7/13 third down conversions 2/2 4th down conversions. 

I get it, the Jets QB play has been so bad that a bad performance seems good.  White actually sucked against the Vikings it's the reason we lost the game.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The Giants went 1-4-1 against their division. The Jets went 2-4 against their division.

Because the NFC East is a much better division.    The AFC East sucks when you take Tua off of Miami.  The NFC East has two elite teams the AFC east has 1.  

It's okay Woody the Giants probably don't make it to the third round of the playoffs.  

Just now, Biggs said:

Mike White had a QB rating of 59.8 against the VIkings.  3/16 in third down conversions.  2/5 in 4th down conversions.  He was terrible.  Jones had a 114 plus QB rating against them and ran for 78 yards.  7/13 third down conversions 2/2 4th down conversions. 

I get it, the Jets QB play has been so bad that a bad performance seems good.  White actually sucked against the Vikings it's the reason we lost the game.

No the real factor you're overlooking is the Vikes D is that bad.  I agree White didn't play well , but they had 6 RZ trips against a shiity D and if he's halfway competent the Jets win that game easily. Jones statistically had a good day but the Vikings D is putrid. If Jones puts up similar stats on the road in Philly then I might agree but I'm not convinced. Daboll and staff have done a great job with DJ this year but look at the teams they've beaten . 

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Because the NFC East is a much better division.    The AFC East sucks when you take Tua off of Miami.  The NFC East has two elite teams the AFC east has 1.  

It's okay Woody the Giants probably don't make it to the third round of the playoffs.  

Giants got beat by Cooper Rush, and tied with Taylor Heinecke. 

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

No the real factor you're overlooking is the Vikes D is that bad.  I agree White didn't play well , but they had 6 RZ trips against a shiity D and if he's halfway competent the Jets win that game easily. Jones statistically had a good day but the Vikings D is putrid. If Jones puts up similar stats on the road in Philly then I might agree but I'm not convinced. Daboll and staff have done a great job with DJ this year but look at the teams they've beaten . 

You said a couple of posts ago that White played well against them, he sucked against them.  If you don't think Jones met the eye test and that's why you threw in "Statistically" your smoking something.  He played in his first playoff game and his game was as good as it gets.  Statistically.  He passed the eye test.  Jones had a good not great year this year.  Good!  He had a great not good playoff game.  Great!

The guy with a pretty mediocre to bad offensive roster played well all year.  It was a well coached desiplined team with solid desiplined QB play.  Better than game manager.  He made plays.

• Upvote 2