You want Carr…

Problem with settling for a QB that's 10 million times better than anything we have had for years is we get stuck in the Bengals vortex. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. 

Trust me, we'll get tired of one-and-done in the POs just as fast as never making the POs. But we won't get the Sauce Gardners and Breece Halls of the world, and our cap will be tied up in a QB that's 10 million times better than anything we have had for years....when what we need is a QB that's 11 million times better.

• WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Hope you watched the Giants game, Stat compilers don’t win. 

I watched all the jets games this year… they played 4 qbs… one wasn’t alive, one had no ribs, one was a dark version of tim Tebow, and one couldn’t complete a forward pass and ran backwards.

This is what so many fans on here keep forgetting. sh*t on carr and Jimmy g all you want… we played football with 10 guys on offense this year.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Teams like the Patriots and the Steelers needed a QB and found one in the middle of the first round at a reasonable cost.  At least one of them will be in the playoffs next year.  

Spending crazy money on a QB is not without its perils.  it is worse to pay the money and give up draft picks.  The Broncos will be screwed for years if Russell does not play better.  The Packers basically sold their soul for last season and are stuck with Aaron Rodgers for at least the next two years.  

Bur if the Jets can plug their QB hole for $35mm/year for the next two years, and make then push to make the playoffs, they should try and do that.   

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Hope you watched the Giants game, Stat compilers don’t win. 

What the what? QBs with the best "stats" in the history of the NFL

Tom Brady

Drew Brees

Peyton Manning

10 Super Bowl victories.

Kirk Cousins has no defense. Thats why they lost.

• Upvote 1

Carr ain’t the answer but he’d at least get the Jets into the playoffs

Daniel Jones is a nice blend of pocket QB with rushing upside 

He doesn’t rush too much where you worry about wear and tear, and he’s good enough from the pocket to get it done 

QBs who can’t use their legs at all like Brady are a dying breed

I’m sick of going into a season feeling hopeless 

Give me Lamar

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, extmenace said:

The Vikings have a bad defensive and we’re literally winning games by catching good break after good break during the regular season. They are good team but not as good as their record indicated. Cousins didn’t allow around 450 yards of offense. Hard to win in the playoffs when you’re defense can’t stop a nose bleed.

I had the Vikings as a paper tiger almost all season for a reason. Not shocked at all they lost to the Giants today. Nothing to do with Kirk Cousins, he did his job.

• Upvote 3

Carr is, quite literally, the Anti-Cousins.  Since entering the league, he leads all quarterbacks in 4th quarter comebacks.

If there is one situation, out of all the available QBs, that mirrors the Stafford “Detroit-to-LA” situation, it’s the Carr one.  

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Carr is, quite literally, the Anti-Cousins.  Since entering the league, he leads all quarterbacks in 4th quarter comebacks.

If there is one situation, out of all the available QBs, that mirrors the Stafford “Detroit-to-LA” situation, it’s the Carr one.  

Kirk Cousins literally just tied the single season record for 4th quarter comebacks in 2022 with 8. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

What did Kirk win, 13 games this year? Pretty sure that would be the franchise record for wins in a season. His 4,500 passing yards would’ve shattered the Jets single season record as well, if I’m not mistaken.

So in summary, sounds great to me

He was also pretty much their best player yesterday. Was pressured on half his dropbacks.

The final play was brutal but blaming the loss on him was laughable. Their defence looked like it was on the beach. 

• Upvote 3