Theo Epstein

Out of the box idea, but I think it makes a lot of sense. The guy is one of the best sports executives in the world. I could see this being a fun new challenge for him. 

Also it’s pretty clear Douglas and Saleh are on a PIP. It would be nice to get them some adult supervision other than Woody. 

• Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 3
  • More Ugh 3

5 hours ago, JetsAddict said:

Out of the box idea, but I think it makes a lot of sense. The guy is one of the best sports executives in the world. I could see this being a fun new challenge for him. 

Also it’s pretty clear Douglas and Saleh are on a PIP. It would be nice to get them some adult supervision other than Woody. 

I'm thinking it may not be the Jets that you're addicted to..

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, JetsAddict said:

You do realize this is a football forum right? I can see how easily one can get confused since ball is both in football and baseball. Welcome!

9 hours ago, JetsAddict said:

We could use a computer model and would have drafted better than Jets GM almost every year except maybe last year and 2006-2007.  

For 4 years we played Josh McCown or Fitzpatrick while drafting small LB's and box safeties' with pick #1.  The number of good QB's available that we passed on is ridiculous.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

We could use a computer model and would have drafted better than Jets GM almost every year except maybe last year and 2006-2007.  

For 4 years we played Josh McCown or Fitzpatrick while drafting small LB's and box safeties' with pick #1.  The number of good QB's available that we passed on is ridiculous.  

Since you’re a very accomplished CPA, do  you think you could remove my gall bladder? It’s become cumbersome,,

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Since you’re a very accomplished CPA, do  you think you could remove my gall bladder? It’s become cumbersome,,

NO but I am confident I could have drafted better than the Jets GM's from 2000 to 2021 with the exception of 3 years.

CPA, per my (RIP) Father in law.  Chronic Pain in the Ass

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, JetsAddict said:

671937817_giphy(4).gif.fa30e811ed9b90ec4d196ba98839c584.gif

17 hours ago, CSNY said:

If I remember correctly, Didn’t the Browns hire a Baseball guy to be the GM of their Football team?  That didn’t work out so well 

Actually it was Paul Depodesta who is still with the Browns FO. He was once even GM of the Dodgers and he was with the A’s worked under Billy Beane and the Jonah Hill character in Moneyball was based on him. 

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Actually it was Paul Depodesta who is still with the Browns FO. He was once even GM of the Dodgers and he was with the A’s worked under Billy Beane and the Jonah Hill character in Moneyball was based on him. 

Not seeing the movie Moneyball I have no idea what character Hill played

What does Depodesta  do for the Browns. Is he a capologist?

I can’t see any football team hiring a baseball guy to be their GM in charge of player personnel 

15 minutes ago, CSNY said:

I can’t see any football team hiring a baseball guy to be their GM in charge of player personnel 

DePodesta is something called the chief strategy officer. He helped Haslem hire Andrew Berry so I’d imagine he is on the forefront of NFL analytics.

DePodesta is a different person than Theo Epstein. Paul has never successfully led a franchise before. He’s been best in a support role. 

6 hours ago, CSNY said:

Depodesta is Chief Strategy Officer for the Browns (whatever that is) and was involved in orchestrating the Deshawn Watson trade. He has a football background he played college football for Harvard and worked in the CFL.