NYJ QB Savior Watch

47 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It amazes me how nobody remembers  what happened with Peyton. Parcells was coaching the Jets.  We had the top pick. Archie asked Bill is he going to draft Peyton and Bill wanted to trade the pick. That is why Peyton was not a Jet. Peyton stayed at TN. Because BP wouldn't  commit to drafting him.

But everyone LOVES parcells!!

2 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

No way the Mannings allow him to come to the Jets... just like Peyton.

You might want to review the actual history of those events unless your goal is to rewrite it yourself.  Your comment clearly shows you don't know what happened. No, it wasn't the mannings who ruined the opportunity.  It was some guy named Parcells.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

It amazes me how nobody remembers  what happened with Peyton. Parcells was coaching the Jets.  We had the top pick. Archie asked Bill is he going to draft Peyton and Bill wanted to trade the pick. That is why Peyton was not a Jet. Peyton stayed at TN. Because BP wouldn't  commit to drafting him.

Yep.  Beat me to it.  One of Parcells' most Jetsy moves ever.  Using Ray Lucas in Detroit was another.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

wonder if it was lifted ?

Even worse. How many of us have misplaced things? Had things stolen from us? Now some other student posts his misfortune. For fear of sounding naive but what a jerk for doing that. Not sure why this struck a nerve with me today (I am an educator in a NYC public school and see how young people haphazardly post and torment other students and staff members on social media)

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yep.  Beat me to it.  One of Parcells' most Jetsy moves ever.  Using Ray Lucas in Detroit was another.

It was worse, wasn’t even sure he would trade the pick, just wouldn’t tell Archie he would take Peyton.  Archie was scared out of his mind NO might make one of those Ricky Williams offer so wanted to know that Parcells would take his boy and Parcells wouldn’t commit 

• Upvote 1