Jump to content

The worst officiating is not in the NFL


More Cowbell
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't  know how many here watch the Knicks but the refs absolutely  robbed the Knicks of a win by not calling fouls. The game yesterday was entertaining and the Knicks missed foul shots that would have won the game in the last minutes but on the play where RJ dunked with .06 left to send it to OT, Barnes who was defending  clearly  had his hand on RJ's shoulder which made that dunk harder. The fact that RJ even elevated enough to dunk it is a testament to his determination. Then during the OT on an inbound, there was a lot of pushing and shoving and Grimes literally shoved Barnes off him before the inbounds. Barnes turns around and starts talking trash and waving his finger in Grimes direction. Barnes is barely a vet mind you, this is his second season. This went on for about 5 or 7 seconds. If this wasn't  taunting,  nobody ever taunted in the NBA.  The cameras were also on Barnes the entire time in a close up. Barnes should have clearly been T'd up for this. Now there is really no telling if RJ makes the FT after being fouled but he made 4 pressure foul shots at the end and there is no telling the technical gets made either but the refs clearly did not want to call these game altering fouls and they were blatant.  This was the worst officiated game I ever saw in any sport.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  know how many here watch the Knicks but the refs absolutely  robbed the Knicks of a win by not calling fouls. The game yesterday was entertaining and the Knicks missed foul shots that would have won the game in the last minutes but on the play where RJ dunked with .06 left to send it to OT, Barnes who was defending  clearly  had his hand on RJ's shoulder which made that dunk harder. The fact that RJ even elevated enough to dunk it is a testament to his determination. Then during the OT on an inbound, there was a lot of pushing and shoving and Grimes literally shoved Barnes off him before the inbounds. Barnes turns around and starts talking trash and waving his finger in Grimes direction. Barnes is barely a vet mind you, this is his second season. This went on for about 5 or 7 seconds. If this wasn't  taunting,  nobody ever taunted in the NBA.  The cameras were also on Barnes the entire time in a close up. Barnes should have clearly been T'd up for this. Now there is really no telling if RJ makes the FT after being fouled but he made 4 pressure foul shots at the end and there is no telling the technical gets made either but the refs clearly did not want to call these game altering fouls and they were blatant.  This was the worst officiated game I ever saw in any sport.

Well that is why the Knicks have a losing home record. Stupid refs make multiple bad calls like that every game at MSG. It is sickening at home that calls go against them.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bronx said:

It's a vanilla league nowadays if you look back at the 90s...

Unfortunately, the NFL is following suit as well.

Imagine steph Curry taking shots like that.

He'd barely play 20 games a year.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Bronx said:

It's a vanilla league nowadays if you look back at the 90s...

Unfortunately, the NFL is following suit as well.

Miller was known for acting and flopping. I mean Oak really hit him but I wouldn't  use a Miller foul for this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i stop watching the NBA after the 1st super team was made in Miami. i loved the Knicks in the Ewing days and my heart would have been ripped out in Ewing decided to leave to form a super team somewhere else. 

thats why i laughed at the poor Nets fans who had a super team for 5 mins before Harden changed his mind. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, doitny said:

i stop watching the NBA after the 1st super team was made in Miami. i loved the Knicks in the Ewing days and my heart would have been ripped out in Ewing decided to leave to form a super team somewhere else. 

thats why i laughed at the poor Nets fans who had a super team for 5 mins before Harden changed his mind. 

That Net team was destined to fail. Kylie for all his talent os such a high maintenance  player, nobody can win with him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well that is why the Knicks have a losing home record. Stupid refs make multiple bad calls like that every game at MSG. It is sickening at home that calls go against them.

NBA officiating is a corrupt dumpster fire. That said the Knicks are allergic to hitting free throws in the 4th qtr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2023 at 5:53 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Donaghy himself said he wasn't the only one and I believe him. 

NBA officiating is laughably bad.  The media refuses to cover it because there are only 5 major media conglomerates and half of them lose money if nba corruption with gambling gets exposed

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFL is the best-officiated major sports league. Unpopular opinion but I do think it’s true.

B19E0674-692F-465E-BF5B-A1D75C4562C0.jpeg.de17ea5afa8586b1607d6dd123ce48d1.jpeg

At least once a week I learn about an NFL rule I never heard of just by watching. This almost never happens in other sports (1-2 a season).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/17/2023 at 8:47 AM, chirorob said:

NBA games are the easiest to fix, every foul is basically a judgement call.

Does anyone really think the NBA only had 1 referree ever who was betting on and throwing games?

I've been saying the same thing since the Donaghy scandal broke.  I'm still blown away that they were able to cover it up and put it in the past.  Whoever was in charge of PR for that cover-up deserves an award.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...