"Open Mic Night"

AFJF

9 minutes ago, slats said:

This is the primary reason I was against firing LaFluer. There is no backup plan. The owner and the fans bagged their pound of flesh, now what? They have no ****ing idea. But I’m sure the plan will be to hire another rookie rookie OC and refuse to let him learn on the job. If anything is SOJ, it’s that. 

Ultimately, this is the problem with the way the Jets are run. I thought MLF was a bad OC in many, many ways. But, why is he held accountable, and not Saleh, who hired him? And why not JD who hired Saleh?

We are a terribly run organization

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Is the Owner hiring the OCo, or is JD/Saleh?

Hopefully, JD/Saleh.  But then there's the bigger picture that points back to Woody as the ultimate cause for a generation of failure. In this case, Saleh still being here was most likely a Woody decision or, at a minimum, a JD "decision" with Woody's support + approval, AFAIC.  So when Saleh picks (or JD) the next OC...   it all points back to their hire and subsequent retention by the owner after multiple losing seasons. It's been like this pretty much since Woody bought the Jets from the Hess estate.  Of course, I hope Saleh picks wisely.  Otherwise he, JD and their people are likely gone, via Woody in less than a year from now and we can begin the cycle again.

Zach didn't play the last 3 games .

Robert Saleh sets the tone. Everyone who walks in the building feeds off of that energy. It seems cheerleader and rah-rah but someone has to do it. He also controls the defense, and the Jets had an excellent defense. The players play hard for Saleh, even if it doesn't show up in the boxscore.
MLF got Mike White's jersey into Canton I keep coming back to that amazing fact. it's not really MLF's fault that Zach sucks. He's the scapegoat. MLF was fired for not believing in Zach. We have that in common. Prediction: MLF will have like a 4 decade career ala Pete Carroll we will be watching that dude succeed for years to come. People who say MLF should have called more runs are in denial about how bad Zach was. 
Adam Gase I don't think contributed anything to the team other than a paranoid weird vibe. Loggains flat out mismanaged the offense. Gregg WIlliams turned that Jamal Adams era loosey goosey unit into killers. 

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

Loved this description of the Jets OC search that I thought it deserved some attention.

This is absolutely baffling.  You've got a top 5 defense and in looking for a new OC, you're interviewing fifty guys who have never held the position before.

What's with all the screwing around?

Maybe nobody wants to come here?  No QB, loser franchise, awful owner(s), and you'd have to work for a HC (and possibly GM) on the hot seat.

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

Robert Saleh sets the tone. Everyone who walks in the building feeds off of that energy. It seems cheerleader and rah-rah but someone has to do it. He also controls the defense, and the Jets had an excellent defense. The players play hard for Saleh, even if it doesn't show up in the boxscore.

MLF got Mike White's jersey into Canton I keep coming back to that amazing fact. it's not really MLF's fault that Zach sucks. He's the scapegoat. MLF was fired for not believing in Zach. We have that in common. Prediction: MLF will have like a 4 decade career ala Pete Carroll we will be watching that dude succeed for years to come. People who say MLF should have called more runs are in denial about how bad Zach was. 

Adam Gase I don't think contributed anything to the team other than a paranoid weird vibe. Loggains flat out mismanaged the offense. Gregg WIlliams turned that Jamal Adams era loosey goosey unit into killers. 

I agree with everything you said.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

I agree with everything you said.

I think that one day LaFleur will be a better OC. He's got potential. Moreso long term. But he was bad here and had to go.  We've heard about the communications issues, which basically means he never was eyeball to eyeball with any of his players.   Probably not his colleagues too.  But it was surely the wrong place at the wrong time for him.  It was too soon for him to be an OC and pairing him with a terrible rookie nowhere near NFL QB capable, and he never had a chance.  He had to go.  Never should have had the position in the first place.  That's on Saleh and JD.  They need to smarten up on who they bring in anywhere on this team.

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maybe nobody wants to come here?  No QB, loser franchise, awful owner(s), and you'd have to work for a HC (and possibly GM) on the hot seat.

Just saw Jim Caldwell is being interviewed by Denver for their HC job.

I don’t think they need him for Rooney rule because they already interviewed their DC.

Groupthinkers will instantaneously mock Caldwell as he’s not a sexy name, but if you dig deeper, he’s a legit candidate who’s been successful at every stop.

He wouldn’t be a miracle worker like Daboll, but you’d at least get a functional offense capable of consistently moving the chains and scoring points.

I think Caldwell would consider the Jets if he doesn’t have any better options. 

He was 36-28 with the Lions, and was still fired.  So the man has experience with woebegone franchises, and showed he can produce wins in spite of it.

16 hours ago, AFJF said:

Loved this description of the Jets OC search that I thought it deserved some attention.

This is absolutely baffling.  You've got a top 5 defense and in looking for a new OC, you're interviewing fifty guys who have never held the position before.

What's with all the screwing around?

Normal operating procedure for the Jets

1906336858_giphy(5).gif.b1ddad0b8b044e3683df4e8ecfe63abe.gif

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Just saw Jim Caldwell is being interviewed by Denver for their HC job.

I don’t think they need him for Rooney rule because they already interviewed their DC.

Groupthinkers will instantaneously mock Caldwell as he’s not a sexy name, but if you dig deeper, he’s a legit candidate who’s been successful at every stop.

He wouldn’t be a miracle worker like Daboll, but you’d at least get a functional offense capable of consistently moving the chains and scoring points.

I think Caldwell would consider the Jets if he doesn’t have any better options. 

He was 36-28 with the Lions, and was still fired.  So the man has experience with woebegone franchises, and showed he can produce wins in spite of it.

Great post!  I've said for a while now that Caldwell deserves another chance for being able to win in Detroit.