Aaron Rodgers: Do not want to be apart of a rebuild

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

He doesnt want to be "apart" from a rebuild or "a part" of a rebuild?

Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

I wasn't sure anyone was going to notice this (or comment on it if they did).  I love how the meaning is completely the opposite of what was intended.  Sort of like "resign" vs "re-sign".   This is more creative though.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Well there is no chance for the Jets then because we are in a rebuild still.

Really? 

I’ll take the Jet offense around Rodgers at QB over the Packers offense around Rodgers at QB.  The the defense is a slam dunk Jet win

• Upvote 2

Even though Rodgers didn't look like what we're used to this past season, I'm still 100% on board with bringing him here.  I really have no interest in sitting through a Derek Carr season or watching Lamar break down while destroying our salary cap for years to come (after we pay a king's ransom for the privilege!)

I also love how outspoken he was on the stuff that we're not allowed to talk about on this forum.   People hated him for it but I was 100% on his side.

I'd be more than happy to root for him.  And what a finale for his career if he could pull off his 2nd title here! 

* And bring in Cole Beasley while we're at it!

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

Woody is pitching the circus tents.  I would expect something ridiculous, expensive and incredibly risky.

I can see Woody putting all of his chips on the table and going for...something.  Not necessarily the SB, but maybe a playoff appearance or win.  He could end up burning the team down if he tries, but that is what he is going to do.  I hope he burns the team down and sells it cheap.

With Quinnen, Sauce and Garrett on the roster, they have to make something of this team.  Otherwise they should trade them all, build the OL, find a QB, and start all over.  Which is what JD tried to do three years ago.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

Woody is pitching the circus tents.  I would expect something ridiculous, expensive and incredibly risky.

I can see Woody putting all of his chips on the table and going for...something.  Not necessarily the SB, but maybe a playoff appearance or win.  He could end up burning the team down if he tries, but that is what he is going to do.  I hope he burns the team down and sells it cheap.

With Quinnen, Sauce and Garrett on the roster, they have to make something of this team.  Otherwise they should trade them all, build the OL, find a QB, and start all over.  Which is what JD tried to do three years ago.  

Woodsy has done nothing to indicate he’s pulling for anyone yet people like to imagine he’s a meddlesome owner.  He’s a lot of things but the idea he’s putting chips anywhere comes out of nowhere

I think Rodgers will end up staying in GB but there's a high stakes play that kinda makes sense to bring him to NYJ. Bring him in and shore up the OL and draft a high QB pick. Let ZW plus the new rookie sit and develop for a couple years. Let Rodgers go on at the end of his contract and elevate the best of the two young QBs (lol). It's the rare shot to take a vet QB who potentially could get the team to the playoffs while giving a young QB a real opportunity to be developed. 

The risks are incredibly high. It will probably take a lot to bring in Rodgers and by the time Douglas acquires him, deals with the OL and drafts a high QB pick that's probably most of this year's draft and the next. If the new draft pick doesn't work, the whole gambit is worth so much less. If Rodgers sucks or retires after a year, that was a huge wasted trade. The Douglas regime would absolutely live or die by that trade. If it fails, Douglas is out and forces the next guy to spend a couple years trying to patch up the team. 

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

I think Rodgers will end up staying in GB but there's a high stakes play that kinda makes sense to bring him to NYJ. Bring him in and shore up the OL and draft a high QB pick. Let ZW plus the new rookie sit and develop for a couple years. Let Rodgers go on at the end of his contract and elevate the best of the two young QBs (lol). It's the rare shot to take a vet QB who potentially could get the team to the playoffs while giving a young QB a real opportunity to be developed. 

The risks are incredibly high. It will probably take a lot to bring in Rodgers and by the time Douglas acquires him, deals with the OL and drafts a high QB pick that's probably most of this year's draft and the next. If the new draft pick doesn't work, the whole gambit is worth so much less. If Rodgers sucks or retires after a year, that was a huge wasted trade. The Douglas regime would absolutely live or die by that trade. If it fails, Douglas is out and forces the next guy to spend a couple years trying to patch up the team. 

I would prefer JD made a ballsy move like this (assuming he can be acquired for something within the realm of reason).

It probably won't work out (nothing ever does for this godforsaken franchise) and people will re-post this and say "I told you so!"   But I need this franchise to do something more exciting than signing Derek Freakin' Carr for crissakes!!!!!!!!1

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, varjet said:

JD needs to make a big move at QB at this point. He already tried to do it organically thru the draft and it didn’t work. So yes they’ll be bringing in a guy. Not sure why that’s considered a “circus” but whatever 

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

kind of a prick? oh ok fancy boi.

HE is not a prick pretty much everyone agree's he is nice and generous person He is not even in green and white yet adn our fans already personally attacking for crap they make up. 

Jesus.

He's going to be prickly with the media and about twice a season he's gonna say some sh*t that pisses everyone off.

That's who Rodgers is.

But, like I said, I'll take that deal for one-to-two years. 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Even though Rodgers didn't look like what we're used to this past season, I'm still 100% on board with bringing him here.  I really have no interest in sitting through a Derek Carr season or watching Lamar break down while destroying our salary cap for years to come (after we pay a king's ransom for the privilege!)

I also love how outspoken he was on the stuff that we're not allowed to talk about on this forum.   People hated him for it but I was 100% on his side.

I'd be more than happy to root for him.  And what a finale for his career if he could pull off his 2nd title here! 

* And bring in Cole Beasley while we're at it!

So now you've moved from old washed up a$$hole #1 in Brady to old washed up a$$hole #2 in. Rodgers. And you threw in the anti-vax stuff for good measure.  

Giving away multiple top draft picks and paying $60 million for one season to a 40 year old QB who is declining and isn't sure he wants to play anymore is a great strategy.  

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So now you've moved from old washed up a$$hole #1 in Brady to old washed up a$$hole #2 in. Rodgers. And you threw in the anti-vax stuff for good measure.  

Giving away multiple top draft picks and paying $60 million for one season to a 40 year old QB who is declining and isn't sure he wants to play anymore is a great strategy.  

Yes I have.  lol

• More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is the first time you've heard anybody question Rodgers personality? 

Do teams get bonus wins for the QB's 'personality'?  Personally, I couldn't care less about his personality.

Seeing Aaron Rodgers with Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore along with a healthy Breece Hall would be awesome IMO.  He might even be able to salvage Mims for crying out loud.

Not sure why people find Rodgers abrasive....he's kind of an intelligent guy who thinks for himself and yes, he ain't the usual 'jock'.  But he's a great QB which heals a lot of perceived ill will.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Do teams get bonus wins for the QB's 'personality'?  Personally, I couldn't care less about his personality.

Seeing Aaron Rodgers with Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore along with a healthy Breece Hall would be awesome IMO.  He might even be able to salvage Mims for crying out loud.

Not sure why people find Rodgers abrasive....he's kind of an intelligent guy who thinks for himself and yes, he ain't the usual 'jock'.  But he's a great QB which heals a lot of perceived ill will.

I strongly agree with everything you wrote.  And bonus points for "couldn't care less".  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Barkus said:

Brett Favre part 2? Not super excited about it, but could make for a fun year if he stays healthy.

Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers are not anything alike . Favre was always a turnover machine Rodgers on the right team can win a SB. He would fit perfect here. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

He's going to be prickly with the media and about twice a season he's gonna say some sh*t that pisses everyone off.

That's who Rodgers is.

But, like I said, I'll take that deal for one-to-two years. 

That’s the exact kind of QB that the Jets need, **** these beat reporters the only thing  they want is to do  whatever they can to destroy any potential that a person has to make this franchise a joke, it’s just easy journalism. It’s like our beat reporters are all of our division rival fans that couldn’t get a job anywhere else. If I was woody I would ban guys like Cimini from talking to any potential QB. He is a miserable POS. Credit to players who don’t strangle Jack offs like him. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Lol people still get upset if someone is anti vax?

• Post of the Week 1