Sean Payton wants what?

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Neither.  It is indeed one of the worst, perhaps in the 5 all-time worst, managed professional sports teams.  But that doesn't mean I come on to this forum and totally make stuff up and repeat illogical nonsense that you do year after year. If the bullcrap you throw on this board makes you feel better, what can I say?  I guess you're going to continue to medicate yourself here with all the nonsense you post in between the few outstanding posts.  

For years I said hopeful things like Dewayne Robertson would be great. That's bat sh*t crazy. 

Once I stopped having hope my predictions became much more accurate. Not as popular but way more accurate 

I've been right about alot people just don't want to hear hard truth 

Illogical nonsense like saying Zach will be a bust? What's illogical is thinking that there's hope 

My posts are predictions. I predict Zach will be the starter at some point in 2023. I predict jd will be fired after 2024, Saleh too, because of how bad the Zach pick was 

This team might not make the playoffs for 20 damn years that's how bleak it is 

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, bitonti said:

you most certainly have not been right a lot.  And now you are changing your Zach tune from "he is going to be the Jets 2023 starter" to "he will likely start at some point in 2023".  OK.  

I can't believe that you can't see how much BS you post.  If all you are posting are your opinions, then why do claim them as facts?  Very annoying Bit. 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

you most certainly have not been right a lot.  And now you are changing your Zach tune from "he is going to be the Jets 2023 starter" to "he will likely start at some point in 2023".  OK.  

I can't believe that you can't see how much BS you post.  If all you are posting are your opinions, then why do claim them as facts?  Very annoying Bit. 

Zach will be paid more that whoever they bring in. There's no such thing as a 10 million dollar backup. Contracts dictate playing time. 

That's not bs it's life in the league. 

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Zach will be paid more that whoever they bring in. There's no such thing as a 10 million dollar backup. Contracts dictate playing time. 

That's not bs it's life in the league. 

Zach is getting $3.8 MM (salary + roster bonus) in cash 2023.  Add on the 2023 portion from signing bonus, his cap hit will be $9.5 mm in 2023.   You just make stuff up when you post to try to support your opinion.   So here we go again: The vet they bring in will start and will likely have a contract a lot fatter than Zach's.  They will take the $9.5 MM cap hit in 2023 and if remains terrible in practice, he'll be cut before 2024 and the Jets will eat the remaining $11 MM cap hit. 

There is no way JD and Saleh hang an entire year of their careers and reputation on a terrible Zach  Wilson yet again in 2023.  Unless Zach shows signs of competence, he's holding a clipboard while the Vet plays.  Your take really makes no sense at all.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Zach is getting $3.8 MM (salary + roster bonus) in cash 2023.  Add on the 2023 portion from signing bonus, his cap hit will be $9.5 mm in 2023.   You just make stuff up when you post to try to support your opinion.   So here we go again: The vet they bring in will start and will likely have a contract a lot fatter than Zach's.  They will take the $9.5 MM cap hit in 2023 and if remains terrible in practice, he'll be cut before 2024 and the Jets will eat the remaining $11 MM cap hit. 

There is no way JD and Saleh hang an entire year of their careers and reputation on a terrible Zach  Wilson yet again in 2023.  Unless Zach shows signs of competence, he's holding a clipboard while the Vet plays.  Your take really makes no sense at all.

By the way the Jets are like 3 million over the cap right now 

They don't even have the room for this big splash 

Last year year 4 of jd was the big splash year. Jd already hung his reputation on the 2 pick. It was the highest draft pick in Jets history since Keyshawn 

Zach has to pan out or everyone's gone 

Why is that such a crazy take? If Zach was really on the outs there's no need to fire MLF. They are bringing in a new OC to salvage Zach. 

Hey don't believe me? Watch what happens 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Last year year 4 of jd was the big splash year. Jd already hung his reputation on the 2 pick. It was the highest draft pick in Jets history since Keyshawn 

Why is that such a crazy take? If Zach was really on the outs there's no need to fire MLF. They are bringing in a new OC to salvage Zach. 

So now you're going to use the old "cap room Hell" approach?  LOL.  Always a failing argument, but you know that. Cap room changes dramatically from the end of the season to the new NFL year.  Cuts, and contract adjustments will be made.  Not in the least bit worried.  There will be enough to have a $ $9.5 MM Wilson cap hit in 2023  AND a Vet QB who actually belongs in the NFL.

Every time you repeat the same argument with zero reasoning, I'll reply with the same logical approach:  New OC/staff will work with Zach behind the scenes.  Barring injury to the vet starter, Wilson ain't starting until he has consistent and  competent practices.  Last year he was terrible in pre season (as we recently learned) and couldn't complete simple passes in practice.  Yet they forced him out there and we all saw the results. 

And now you claim that they are going to do a redo of 2022?  LOL.  Too funny.  Nope... once again...  his training will be in practice, he will be the Jets 2023 back-up and will make the field upon injury to the starter or in garbage time only. If they do a rerun of the same mistakes they made in 2022, there will be another HUGE disruption and rebellion among the players.    Starting Wilson, if he is inept in preseason practice and  pre season games,  will infuriate the rest of the players even more than it did in 2022.  If that happens, it's complete career suicide for JD.  He's not that dumb.

It is absurd to even think that's the plan.  The ONLY way that Zach starts during the season is injury to the real starter or miraculous improvement in his game (not happening).

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So now you're going to use the old "cap room Hell" approach?  LOL.  Always a failing argument, but you know that. Cap room changes dramatically from the end of the season to the new NFL year.  Cuts, and contract adjustments will be made.  Not in the least bit worried.  There will be enough to have a $ $9.5 MM Wilson cap hit in 2023  AND a Vet QB who actually belongs in the NFL.

Every time you repeat the same argument with zero reasoning, I'll repy with the logical approach:  New OC/staff will work with Zach behind the scenes.  Barring injury to the vet starter, Wilson ain't starting until he has consistent and  competent practices.  Last year he was terrible in pre season (as we recently learned) and couldn't complete simple passes in practice.  Yet they forced him out there and we all saw the results. 

And now you claim that they are going to do a redo of 2022?  LOL.  Too funny.  Nope... once again...  his training will be in practice, he will be the Jets 2023 back-up and will make the field upon injury to the starter or in garbage time only.  They are not doing a rerun of the same mistakes they made in 2022.  If they do so, there will be another HUGE disruption and rebellion among the players.    Starting Wilson if he is inept in preseason practice and  pre season games yet again will infuriate the rest of the players (even more than it did in 2022) and there will be a huge locker room rebellion.

It is absurd to even think they would do the same thing again.  The ONLY way that Zach starts during the season is injury to the real starter or miraculous improvement in his game (not happening).

The franchise is going to sell the fans that Zach got way better in the offseason. That's exactly how it will go down 

I'm not sure how much cap room they will free up to be honest. 

It's absurd that they drafted him in the first place. This is an absurd regime right now. Don't under estimate their stupidity 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, bitonti said:

For years I said hopeful things like Dewayne Robertson would be great. That's bat sh*t crazy. 

Once I stopped having hope my predictions became much more accurate. Not as popular but way more accurate 

Illogical nonsense like saying Zach will be a bust? What's illogical is thinking that there's hope 

My posts are predictions. I predict Zach will be the starter at some point in 2023. I predict jd will be fired after 2024, Saleh too, because of how bad the Zach pick was 

This team might not make the playoffs for 20 damn years that's how bleak it is 

Not the opening day starter but certainly at some point when our starting QB gets hurt or Woody Johnson stands up like Phoenix’s character in Gladiator and gives the thumb down. Then next play our QB’s ribs explode and Zach starts  the following  week and every third commercial is Jet Blue? 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Not the opening day starter but certainly at some point when our starting QB gets hurt or Woody Johnson stands up like Phoenix’s character in Gladiator and gives the thumb down. Then next play our QB’s ribs explode and Zach starts  the following  week and every third commercial is Jet Blue? 

So Woody and JD will do everything they can to cause a locker room rebellion?  I don't think so.  IMO, Zach plays only if starter gets injured.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

The franchise is going to sell the fans that Zach got way better in the offseason. That's exactly how it will go down 

I'm not sure how much cap room they will free up to be honest. 

It's absurd that they drafted him in the first place. This is an absurd regime right now. Don't under estimate their stupidity 

These same people saying no way Zach starts week 1 6 months from now will be all about how Nate Hackett has renewed Zach and molded him into the next Aaron Rodgers

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Pay Payton,  he doesn't count against the cap so who cares. The Saints can tell everyone what they want as that doesn't mean teams have to comply and make offers that start at that amount. They'll take what they can for him in the end.  

I'm in 100% agreement that what Woody SHOULD do is open up the wallet and hire Payton in a franchise-altering moment. I want this more than anything.

But isn't it obvious right now as they shop for a budget offensive coordinator that Saleh isn't getting fired until NEXT January? Woody is a moron. It just is what it is.

21 hours ago, bitonti said:

Im confused by a few of these points.

First off, "zach has to pan out our everyone is gone" - If we were to give Gardner Minshew a 2 year $20 million contract and the team wins 10 games and makes the playoffs you think JD and Saleh will be fired?  That doesnt seem likely to me.

"they are bringing in an OC to salvage Zach" - why is it a certainty that JD cannot recognize a failure/sunk cost?  Do you really believe that he watched the 2022 film and said "this is on MLF not zach, lets get an OC in here and really develop zach as our 2023 starter".  That would be quite a level of delusion given we arent talking about a young QB who had bright spots but struggled, we are talking about a QB who was completely and utterly lost on the field.  They shouldnt cut him today and it makes sense to see if there is some sort of miraculous turnaround in Training camp, but its far more likely zach is the backup or 3rd string QB then it is that he is the starter on opening day 2023.

15 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Pay Payton,  he doesn't count against the cap so who cares. The Saints can tell everyone what they want as that doesn't mean teams have to comply and make offers that start at that amount. They'll take what they can for him in the end.  

I thought the $20 million figure was pure insanity.  But Bill Simmons talked about it on his podcast yesterday and said that coaches salaries arent public and Belichek has been making $20 million per year for a long time.  As someone who follows football pretty closely, I was shocked and didnt think there were any coaches making over $10 but he seemed to be absolutely positive

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Im confused by a few of these points.

First off, "zach has to pan out our everyone is gone" - If we were to give Gardner Minshew a 2 year $20 million contract and the team wins 10 games and makes the playoffs you think JD and Saleh will be fired?  That doesnt seem likely to me.

"they are bringing in an OC to salvage Zach" - why is it a certainty that JD cannot recognize a failure/sunk cost?  Do you really believe that he watched the 2022 film and said "this is on MLF not zach, lets get an OC in here and really develop zach as our 2023 starter".  That would be quite a level of delusion given we arent talking about a young QB who had bright spots but struggled, we are talking about a QB who was completely and utterly lost on the field.  They shouldnt cut him today and it makes sense to see if there is some sort of miraculous turnaround in Training camp, but its far more likely zach is the backup or 3rd string QB then it is that he is the starter on opening day 2023.

if JD finds a backup type and they go to the playoffs they are safe that is true 

but starting Zach in year 3 isn't any more insane than drafting him in the first place, starting him in year 1 and 2  

Zach will be able to defeat a Gardner Minshew at least in theory. 

it's always been an exercise in faith. people say he's likely to be a backup but there are no 10 million dollar backups