Rosenblatt article on offensive collapse: Zach sucked, players preffered Mike White

T0mShane

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

You know what I mean. Silly season around here.

I was just looking to see if Douglas had been involved with similar Zach v Fields, Becton v Wirfs decisions before, and which way they went. I wasn’t trying to do a “Douglas sucks” thing.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The story references Zach being averse to the meetings/classroom side of football, which tracks. Kid has ADD. Josh Allen had similar issues and Daboll started holding chalk talks on an actual 20 yard football field so Allen would be able to see the practical application

This is funny

Instant access to the red zone 

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Abosolutely correct ... three outliers in the history of mankind.

So then name me some other highly Rated/Drafted Olinemen his size that busted due to health/injuries. People make generalizations because of the guys size that's he's lazy and just a fatty that wants to eat all day. The guy is a gifted athlete but plays at a position where injuries are common place. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

So then name me some other highly Rated/Drafted Olinemen his size that busted due to health/injuries. People make generalizations because of the guys size that's he's lazy and just a fatty that wants to eat all day. The guy is a gifted athlete but plays at a position where injuries are common place. 

Wtf dude .. I never said anything about him being out of shape or overweight. Though that can't help.

Commonplace ...  How often was Brick injured or out ?

Edited by Dunnie

On 1/20/2023 at 10:07 PM, 56mehl56 said:

Complete BS and revisionist history. Even though Becton was a larger guy no one could have predicted he'd get injured. Injuries happen to any and all NFL players despite shape , size and conditioning. 

Literally everyone worried he’d be an injury risk at his size lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Guaranteed. Douglas will very likely be the best GM we see in our lifetime. Woody isn't hiring anyone better and he doesn't have the street cred to attract a mega coach like Parcells/Payton/Harbaugh/whoever. 
Our only chance is Douglas having another monster draft and us basically just acquiring too much talent to mess things up next year. Even then, we seem to have the worst injury luck imaginable and the schedule will be brutal. 
Have to land a good QB and upgrade OL and second/third WR to have a chance. 

He isn’t the best GM since Woody became owner

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 1/20/2023 at 7:47 PM, T0mShane said:

I was just looking to see if Douglas had been involved with similar Zach v Fields, Becton v Wirfs decisions before, and which way they went. I wasn’t trying to do a “Douglas sucks” thing.

He does suck.  The Eagles rebuild started in 2020.  Jets fans are so happy the Giants were embarrased it didn't occur the them that the Eagles rebuild started after Douglas was hired.

On 1/19/2023 at 3:13 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Mahomes fixed all those "serious flaws" by sitting a year?  Is there any evidence of this?  He learned the offense.  I get that there is value to easing a guy in, but I am not sure Mahomes revamped his whole game while sitting in 2017. 

He completely redid his mechanics.